Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

How do the Titans reach Super Bowl LV?

With the expectation both Tannehill/Henry both return its Conklin that becomes the pivotal piece this offseason, if Conklin stays it frees up the first round pick to be used at EDGE or CB, if Conklin leaves it frees up money to chase a big name pass rusher in FA but also basically commits JRob to taking a RT in the first round in the draft, I wouldn't want to be waiting till pick 61 to find an immediate starter at RT.

Vrabel made it clear on ESPN NFL Live that getting home playoff games is the focus of next season and that begins with winning the AFC South.

The reality is that we could have beat the Chiefs with this roster, but we tried to force the run early and lost the game at the end of the 2nd quarter. That's coaching more than anything, although its not very reassuring to see the passing game perform as it did. As for upgrading the O, Dion Lewis is a total liability and easily upgraded in the draft while probably being the only offensive depth chart position you can realistically afford to upgrade via replacement. Everything else is trying to get back to the same level we were at (Conklin, Henry, Tanny) while managing to free up money to spend on the D for our window.  

Having said that, fixing the D just doesn't fit with the Titans MO for overall roster spending.  We gotta spend on D to make it more of a killer; bring back Ryan and sign Clowney. Missing Butler really hurt us and I hope he can come back to the same level he played this past season. Butler alone would have been a huge piece to slowing down the Chiefs O. 

The blueprint for building this offseason has never been more clear from a football standpoint. Its the financials that complicate the picture. 

I think if you can find a RT with better pass blocking ability either in the draft or FA, I'd glady take the trade off and let Conklin go in FA.  As for WR, I'd try to sign a speedier WR (someone like Paul Richardson who should be cut by WSH) and draft another WR within the first five rounds.

I definitely think they will sign one of the top EDGE rushers in FA.  I hope it's Clowney but expect it to be someone like Judon or Fowler.  For CB, I think it may be likely that they draft one high and maybe wait for the 2nd wave of FA to sign a slot CB (there are a few this year).

5 minutes ago, TitanTez said:

I'm not sold on the high priced Clown.

Not only can he rush, he can contain and defend the run. Chiefs game made him a prime candidate for us because he alone would have changed the effectiveness of that scheme. 

4 minutes ago, Downtown said:

Having said that, fixing the D just doesn't fit with the Titans MO for overall roster spending.  We gotta spend on D to make it more of a killer; bring back Ryan and sign Clowney. Missing Butler really hurt us and I hope he can come back to the same level he played this past season. Butler alone would have been a huge piece to slowing down the Chiefs O. 

The blueprint for building this offseason has never been more clear from a football standpoint. Its the financials that complicate the picture. 

Agree with most of your post except for the part about re-signing Logan Ryan.  I just don't think he'll be worth the money he'll be asking for and getting.  They need to add multiple CB's into the mix anyway.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Agree with most of your post except for the part about re-signing Logan Ryan.  I just don't think he'll be worth the money he'll be asking for and getting.  They need to add multiple CB's into the mix anyway.

I just don't see another nickel CB as good as Ryan who would come cheaper for the Titans. Unless they feel like Hooker was showing enough to challenge for a hybrid position in camp. 

40 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

We have to play our division better

Yep. But what moves do we make to start doing that? 

Tannehill, Henry and one of Conklin/Ryan back while pursuing pass rush, backup RB, speed at WR (to go with Raymond), and another CB. 

I don’t know that i have ever been more disappointed in a player going back to school than I am Shaun Wade. Perfect fit at CB. 

Could you imagine Judon or Clowney with Landry. Would be a dream. Wonder if we could get Wake to restructure as a backup?

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

Could you imagine Judon or Clowney with Landry. Would be a dream. Wonder if we could get Wake to restructure as a backup?

Something about Judon makes me uneasy. Not sure he’s a true game changer. I haven’t seen any Ravens fans too upset about losing him.