Mortensen: Tannehill Not Leaving Titans; They Love Ryan

Jonboy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea no kidding   I also never thought there was a chance he'd leave or they wouldn't extend him    You don't strike gold with Tannehill then sign a 43 old has been, that was ridicu

The bottom line is that a "good" QB is going to cost you at least 27 M APY and the top 5 (which includes contracts for Goff and Wentz right now) averages 33.6 M.    Tannehill is certainly co

Posted Images

The real questions: is this about money for Brady?

How much are the Titans willing to sac to sign Tannehill?

We got a lot of cheddar wrapped up in Lewis, Butler, Wake, and Walker.

Cap hits

Lewis: 5.1m

Butler: 13.3m

Walker: 8m

Wake: 8.2

There's $34m right there. You sign Tannehill and Henry. Tag Conklin. Transition Ryan. And move on to another championship. 

42 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

The real questions: is this about money for Brady?

How much are the Titans willing to sac to sign Tannehill?

We got a lot of cheddar wrapped up in Lewis, Butler, Wake, and Walker.

Cap hits

Lewis: 5.1m

Butler: 13.3m

Walker: 8m

Wake: 8.2

There's $34m right there. You sign Tannehill and Henry. Tag Conklin. Transition Ryan. And move on to another championship. 

Another?  I’m pretty sure no one on this board cares about 1960 or 1961.

3 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

I agree with most of what you are saying but you used a term that I see used a lot that I don't think is being used accurately - "regressing to a mean". 

The idea that any system will regress to its mean or average performance implies that the system being observed is static or unchanging. 

I use statistics at work and when a statistically different level of performance happens their are two main possibilities. One, it's a statistical "fluke", like tossing a coin and getting 10 heads in a row. Second, something in the system has changed or there is an outside influence causing the difference.

Basically you can believe:

1. The season is just a statistical anomaly

2. The Titans were so much better than the Dolphins that RT's numbers reflect that. 

3. RT has improved over time and the mean for his play has shifted up.

But saying a return to the previous "mean" or average is inevitable discounts the possibility that RT performs better with a good running game and at least an average pass blocking line or he has actually improved.

Of course. But I mean there was 7 years body of work so it’s more likely that he regresses a little bit