AussieTitanFan08

Matt Miller lists the Titans as one of top rumored destinations for Utah St QB Jordan Love

This little nugget from Matt Miller's scouting notebook today.

Jordan Love, Utah State: Lost in the excitement around Herbert's week was that Love looked very good in Mobile while on an inferior roster and on a team whose practices weren't set up to place players in favorable evaluation situations.

The word on Love is much like that on Herbert or Eason. The expectation is he'll be the fourth or fifth quarterback selected, and that could be anywhere from the Top 10 to the second round. If enough teams see their free-agent quarterbacks leave or retire, Love will easily be a first-rounder.

The landing spots I've heard the most in connection with Love are the Los Angeles Chargers, Indianapolis Colts and Tennessee Titans.

Couple of points about this note by Matt Miller it is important to remember that Miller was way ahead of everyone else connecting the Titans with Jeffery Simmons last year and secondly this report shouldn't be a surprise because it was reported the Titans sent scouts to watch Jordan Love on multiple occasions during the CFB season.

I find it noteworthy that the Titans are a main cog of the rumor mill in regards to QBs.  Does this mean that the media doesn't believe in Tannehill?  

Is J. Love considered to be a project that would require a year or two on the bench?

8 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

The Titans will absolutely take Love if he's there. But he will be gone long before the Titans pick IMO

If we’ve learned anything about JRob, we know he’s not afraid to make a big move to get a player he covets.  

23 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I said in another thread the Tannehill/Love combination would be a a smart one longterm.

Yep. 

11 minutes ago, nine said:

If we’ve learned anything about JRob, we know he’s not afraid to make a big move to get a player he covets.  

I think the Colts take him at 13. The cost of getting from 29 to 12 would be too much I think

49 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I said in another thread the Tannehill/Love combination would be a a smart one longterm.

I've been away for a bit.  ...And don't follow college.  Mind explaining why this particular combo works?

56 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I've been away for a bit.  ...And don't follow college.  Mind explaining why this particular combo works?

For one thing we're going to need a back up. But more importantly Love would be potential insurance in case Tannehill's resurgence was a little on the fluky side.

Imo, it's more likely we'd spend a high pick on somebody like Love if we signed Brady. If Tannehill's who we bring back we'd probably try to find another vet or a younger project looking for a change of scenery. 

10 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

For one thing we're going to need a back up. But more importantly Love would be potential insurance in case Tannehill's resurgence was a little on the fluky side.

Imo, it's more likely we'd spend a high pick on somebody like Love if we signed Brady. If Tannehill's who we bring back we'd probably try to find another vet or a younger project looking for a change of scenery. 

He’s also one of those immensely talented, but incredibly raw prospects. Should really sit for at least a full year if not 2 before being thrust into a starting role. 

31 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I think the Colts take him at 13. The cost of getting from 29 to 12 would be too much I think

I have been the biggest driver on the Jordan Love hype train here but even I wouldn't outlay the draft capital that is likely required to move up and get him.

The best recent precedent for a move of that magnitude was the Chiefs moving from 27 to 10 to get Mahomes, it cost them their 1st/3rd round picks in the 2017 Draft and their 1st round pick in the 2018 Draft.

There is no bigger boom/bust prospect in the entire 2020 Draft than Jordan Love.

For the love of god do not draft love. Just looked at a 2019 highlight vid of him. First pass would be a interception in the nfl. 2nd pass is likely a incomplete pass not a big gain in the nfl. 3rd pass was a floater that should have been a easy td forth pass was good but come on. If you have shit like that playing at Utah State you are a long shot at best in the pros.