AussieTitanFan08

ESPN Update from Super Bowl Week in Miami on the status of Tannehill Negotiations

Just now, Smokes said:

So you want to franchise him?

I've said multiple times to franchise him or lock him up to a short term contract. Anything longer better be structured in Tennessee favor to get out easily.

Just now, Tomachek said:

I've said multiple times to franchise him or lock him up to a short term contract. Anything longer better be structured in Tennessee favor to get out easily.

What's short term?

I don't think they'd offer more than four years and said deal would be front loaded.

If you franchise him and he plays as well as he did this year your now stuck with giving him a top 5 deal for the next three or four.

The Cowboys are currently stuck in no mans land due to not signing Prescott earlier.

Yeah franchise him if you have a reasonable alternative but we don't, and we're not in draft position to get one.

I was all for drafting Lock once it got out that we had intereste, but here we are.

7 hours ago, Tomachek said:

Yada yada yada his historic season ended with him on his couch watching the superbowl like the rest of us.

Every one here admits Tannehill had a great season, your the only one clamoring he's Elite. Maybe when you take the rose colored glasses off you can see the other side.

More misrepresentation, because that is what you do. You have repeatedly referred to Tannehill as average and to his 2019 season as "good". I have specifically referred to Tannehill's season as elite and called him top 10 QB (not elite) and predicted that his efficiency will fall back a bit but will still be very good. 

6 hours ago, Smokes said:

What's short term?

I don't think they'd offer more than four years and said deal would be front loaded.

If you franchise him and he plays as well as he did this year your now stuck with giving him a top 5 deal for the next three or four.

The Cowboys are currently stuck in no mans land due to not signing Prescott earlier.

Exactly. This is what people don't take into account, the possibility that franchising him will cost more money in the long run or result in losing him all together. They act like the team holds all the cards. In the end, I think it will be a 3 - 4 year deal averaging $28 million per year. 

Edited by FinFaninNOVA

9 hours ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

He was good with a crap team around him. He wasn’t good with a good team around him, he was ELITE.  He was the most efficient QB in the league. He was one of the two or three most efficient in LEAGUE HISTORY. 

You’re just too stubborn to admit it. 

The I didn't call him Elite, but clearly did....

3 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

The I didn't call him Elite, but clearly did....

LOL..... despite me REPEATEDLY referring to him outside the top 5 and claiming that he will not match his numbers from this past season..... His efficiency last season was EILTE. Nothing you can do about that. The numbers are recorded. No shame in admitting it. Or as you refer to it "a good season". LOL. 

8 hours ago, Smokes said:

Of all the games he started this year he had one clunker.

Outside of that he played well enough every other week.

Hell he scored like 5 or 6 TDs in three road playoff games were the run game was 1st and foremost.

He'll be fine, with what we have and with the potential of what we can become.

What's your alternative?

He really didn't have any clunkers.  He was good in every game.  I assume you're talking about the AFC Championship game.  He missed like 3 or 4 throws that game.

11 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

LOL..... despite me REPEATEDLY referring to him outside the top 5 and claiming that he will not match his numbers from this past season..... His efficiency last season was EILTE. Nothing you can do about that. The numbers are recorded. No shame in admitting it. Or as you refer to it "a good season". LOL. 

Have your one year wonder, will revisit next year.  Because if he reverts back to his Miami days than last year is useless, just like anything he did prior to his time is useless according to you. 

9 hours ago, JT2000 said:

You make a good point about the offense not being designed to take advantage of some of the things RT does that MM doesn't.  

I am taking nothing away from Mahomes but did you see how many times his targets were wide open or at least has significant space to catch and run? Imagine what it would be like if more of RT's throws weren't of the "tight window" variety...

I agree with you that there's something to build on if we can get a little more team speed.

yeah  but Mahomes creates that time.  He's mobile...great in the pocket...strong and hard to bring down and he can throw the ball from just about any platform or even if he's just not on a platform at all...he levitates and throw dimes.

1 hour ago, bizzyeddie said:

yeah  but Mahomes creates that time.  He's mobile...great in the pocket...strong and hard to bring down and he can throw the ball from just about any platform or even if he's just not on a platform at all...he levitates and throw dimes.

I'm not just talking about the scrambles to buy time, I'm talking about the routine throws. KC's receivers have more space than ours. 

On 2/3/2020 at 8:41 AM, JT2000 said:

I'm not just talking about the scrambles to buy time, I'm talking about the routine throws. KC's receivers have more space than ours. 

Everyone plays zone against them. They are going to get open. Look at our game. We had 3 guys standing in a triangle with the receiver wide open in the middle. We just don't practice it enough.