AussieTitanFan08

ESPN Update from Super Bowl Week in Miami on the status of Tannehill Negotiations

2 hours ago, Tomachek said:

You got me again you rascal. I've already concided  he had a successful year, theirs no dening that. I still don't think this season is any indication of how is career will end up here.  I'll let you have you "I told you so" moment as it only took 8 years for it.

Took 1 season. The first one he was on a good team. You were wrong. Deal with it. 

2 hours ago, Tomachek said:

Refreshing to see someone else gets this.

What had Garoppolo done before getting his contract? You just have to deal with the fact that good QBs get paid. Tannehill will get his and will not be overpaid. 

Edited by FinFaninNOVA

1 minute ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

What had Garoppolo done before getting his contract? 

When I said it's not possible to say he's a "franchise" QB in one year I also said that I think the best option is to give RT a contract.

The definition of a "franchise" QB is so subjective I wouldn't argue over that anyway.

6 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

Took 1 season. The first one he was on a good team. You were wrong. Deal with it. 

Lol I truly love this argument. Ryan Tannehill isn't good you know unless his team is good around him. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. 😂

So what happens if our defense regresses with a new coordinator next year, Tannehill regresses because the defense couldn't carry him?

What if teams take a page out of KC books and figure out how to slow down henry? Is Ryan Tannehill going to carry us?

All ive heard from you is Ryan Tannehill can't carry a team, and needs a strong team to carry him.

1 hour ago, Tomachek said:

Lol I truly love this argument. Ryan Tannehill isn't good you know unless his team is good around him. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. 😂

So what happens if our defense regresses with a new coordinator next year, Tannehill regresses because the defense couldn't carry him?

What if teams take a page out of KC books and figure out how to slow down henry? Is Ryan Tannehill going to carry us?

All ive heard from you is Ryan Tannehill can't carry a team, and needs a strong team to carry him.

Well we figured out he can be successful on a good team, we also found out Mariota couldn't.

This team has been and is talented and will continue to due to a solid and consistently successful front office.

It's not like Tannehill has been here for any length of time nor did he get the starter reps in the off-season, the offense was designed around piss poor QB.

How about we take a 11 and 3 record that got us to the AFC championship game with three straight wins against division champs on the road an off season to see where we can go with Tannehill.

1 hour ago, Tomachek said:

He was good with a crap team around him. He wasn’t good with a good team around him, he was ELITE.  He was the most efficient QB in the league. He was one of the two or three most efficient in LEAGUE HISTORY. 

You’re just too stubborn to admit it. 

Edited by FinFaninNOVA

4 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

He was good with a crap team around him. He wasn’t good with a good team around him, he was ELITE.  He was the most efficient QB in the league. He was one of the two or three most efficient in LEAGUE HISTORY. 

Tannehill has several (2 I think) 4,000 yards seasons.  The stiff he replaced didn't even have one and that was with with Henry in 2018-2019 and Murray in 2016, who had a great year.

3 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Well we figured out he can be successful on a good team, we also found out Mariota couldn't.

This team has been and is talented and will continue to due to a solid and consistently successful front office.

It's not like Tannehill has been here for any length of time nor did he get the starter reps in the off-season, the offense was designed around piss poor QB.

How about we take a 11 and 3 record that got us to the AFC championship game with three straight wins against division champs on the road an off season to see where we can go with Tannehill.

You make a good point about the offense not being designed to take advantage of some of the things RT does that MM doesn't.  

I am taking nothing away from Mahomes but did you see how many times his targets were wide open or at least has significant space to catch and run? Imagine what it would be like if more of RT's throws weren't of the "tight window" variety...

I agree with you that there's something to build on if we can get a little more team speed.

18 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

You make a good point about the offense not being designed to take advantage of some of the things RT does that MM doesn't.  

I am taking nothing away from Mahomes but did you see how many times his targets were wide open or at least has significant space to catch and run? Imagine what it would be like if more of RT's throws weren't of the "tight window" variety...

I agree with you that there's something to build on if we can get a little more team speed.

When you look at Aurther he was a first time play caller with nothing more to work with in the off season than a HOT Henry second half from the previous year.

Art now has a year of experience along with everyone else new to the offense, Brown, Hump, Raymond, and Tannehill all being new to the team and being huge contributers to it's success.

The TE group I thought played well as a collective, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Davis doesn't show out next year as well once they can rerack the offense this off season with the group we saw over the 14 game stretch with Tannehill.

Edited by Smokes

51 minutes ago, Smokes said:

He needs to PROVE this season wasn't a fluke, and this is who he is.

It's funny how win and losses only count when it goes in RTs favor.

Wins become indicitive of RT success, but losses are everyone else's failures.

57 minutes ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

Yada yada yada his historic season ended with him on his couch watching the superbowl like the rest of us.

Every one here admits Tannehill had a great season, your the only one clamoring he's Elite. Maybe when you take the rose colored glasses off you can see the other side.

19 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

He needs to PROVE this season wasn't a fluke, and this is who he is.

It's funny how win and losses only count when it goes in RTs favor.

Wins become indicitive of RT success, but losses are everyone else's failures.

Of all the games he started this year he had one clunker.

Outside of that he played well enough every other week.

Hell he scored like 5 or 6 TDs in three road playoff games were the run game was 1st and foremost.

He'll be fine, with what we have and with the potential of what we can become.

What's your alternative?

2 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Of all the games he started this year he had one clunker.

Outside of that he played well enough every other week.

Hell he scored like 5 or 6 TDs in three road playoff games were the run game was 1st and foremost.

He'll be fine, with what we have and with the potential of what we can become.

What's your alternative?

Do you not pay attention? He'll be back next year, he still needs to PROVE this season wasnt a fluke if he wants to stick around.

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

Do you not pay attention? He'll be back next year, he still needs to PROVE this season wasnt a fluke if he wants to stick around.

So you want to franchise him?