Brady to Miami Rumors

BudsOilers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would he go to Miami? Honestly, if he is looking at Florida he should go to Tampa Bay. Mike Evans, Chris Goodwin, OJ Howard. 

I don't buy that.  He has little chance of succeeding there.

If he does it's a sell out for money. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Who said Miami? Oh yeah that’s rhhht ME

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rival teams always look appealing 

It's low hanging fruit. But if you think a rebuilding Dolphins team looks appealing to a 42 year old looking for his very last contract, even if they are in the same division, then I have some lake front property for you to consider. There are very few teams Brady would even consider playing for other than the Patriots. The Dolphins are not one of those teams.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Signing Brady goes completely against Miami's rebuilding/tanking scheme.  Best case scenario, I can't see Miami being competitive until 2021 or 2022.  Fitzpatrick is a stopgap--they'll dump him after 2020.  Draft picks and under-27 free agents until they're close to being a playoff team.

On 1/31/2020 at 5:36 PM, Titans279 said:

Chargers have also been rumored though. 

Have there been stories about them house hunting and checking out schools in Southern California?  I haven't seen any. 

Just now, abenjami said:

Have there been stories about them house hunting and checking out schools in Southern California?  I haven't seen any. 

Does anybody in southern California even care about football?

What's the biggest sport down there in your parts anyways?

6 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Does anybody in southern California even care about football?

What's the biggest sport down there in your parts anyways?

Lots of people here care about football but they are mostly transplants from other football cities or displaced Raider fans.  Die hard Charger fans were always slim in number compared to what most would expect and after the move they seem pretty non-existent. 

I'd say in LA and Orange County, basketball (Lakers specifically) is by far and away the biggest sport. USC football has a decent following.

San Diego is just a huge mix of fans of other teams, casual fans of several different sports, and people who don't really care about sports at all. 

Golf is pretty big around here though and continues to grow. 

Edited by abenjami

19 minutes ago, abenjami said:

The link to the Chargers seems to be more the media taking the angle that the Chargers desperately need Brady to put bums on seats in the new LA Stadium where  they are having real problems selling season tickets.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The link to the Chargers seems to be more the media taking the angle that the Chargers desperately need Brady to put bums on seats in the new LA Stadium where  they are having real problems selling season tickets.

Yup.  And no matter where Brady goes next year, obviously he doesn't have many years left before retirement.  They could establish residence somewhere like Tennessee or Florida even if he signs with the Chargers.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:21 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

It's low hanging fruit. But if you think a rebuilding Dolphins team looks appealing to a 42 year old looking for his very last contract, even if they are in the same division, then I have some lake front property for you to consider. There are very few teams Brady would even consider playing for other than the Patriots. The Dolphins are not one of those teams.

He probably would play if Marino would be his backup!!

Edited by Johnson