About a year ago, a person with an empty building lent me 80k to build a restaurant in there. The plan basically was id pay him back as much as i could each month. Our agreement waS  after paid off id sign a 5 year lease. 

I have paid about 40k, and he sold the building. I signed an estoppel that just mentioned a rent paymmemt and nothing else to the new landlord, with my 5 year lease starting now. 

The original investor/landlord came in wished me luck and said his goodbyes. 

The new landlord came in and gave me an address to pay rent and didn't mention anything about the 40k I still owed. 

Should the estoppel of mentioned the transfer of the 40k debt?  My building is a small piece if a pretty big complex that waS sold in its entirety. 

I feel like I got let off the hook for a big chunk of cash.

Just now, abenjami said:

This is that part of life where you pay a little bit of money to get some real advice from a good lawyer in your area, instead of asking random people on the internet. 

Dayum

33 minutes ago, abenjami said:

This is that part of life where you pay a little bit of money to get some real advice from a good lawyer in your area, instead of asking random people on the internet. 

I thought the know it alls here loved offering free advice and showing their superiority?

5 minutes ago, SNAPHISANKLE said:

I'll mail you salsa for advice lol

lol. Not even a Cubano?

You need advice from someone who knows the laws in Arizona.  They differ from state to state. 

15 minutes ago, abenjami said:

lol. Not even a Cubano?

You need advice from someone who knows the laws in Arizona.  They differ from state to state. 

Fine salsa and cubanos

37 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The old owner probably made more than enough money by selling the building to not give a shit about your 40k. Definitely discuss with a lawyer. 

Or maybe do the right thing and discuss it with the guy who lent the money.

43 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Or maybe do the right thing and discuss it with the guy who lent the money.

The right thing? Fuck that. Try to save yourself 40k. That’s probably more than he makes in a whole year.