Nickel DBs in the Draft

Jonboy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This list could be helpful should the Titans let Logan Ryan walk.    

My face as I scan that list:  

I agree.  It's a lot easier to find a good CB late 1st round than EDGE rusher.  Just looking at past drafts it's been done, Tredavious White, Xavier Rhodes, Byron Jones, Xavien Howard have all gone in

They're missing a couple key players, including Amik Robertson (injured) who is an awesome nickel, and CB Jaylon Johnson who is a potential first or second round pick and is very proficient at nickel and outside both, but has played very well at nickel. 

Edited by tgo

37 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Titans haven’t really used him there. 

But they had Logan Ryan for the slot and Hooker was a rookie.  I wouldn't automatically infer that Hooker can't play there.

Hooker was good as nb in college but the only problem is he is the backup fs as well. If byard goes down or he goes down we need someone to fill in either.

He was a great depth player and he might be good as a nb as well. But we still would need a backup for both. Any of these guys fit that like hooker did?

More likely we draft a true nickel and let hooker play his backup roll imo.

Edit: unless they truly belive in him and draft another version of him to backup both positions later in the draft. 

Most interesting titans offseason ever if you adk me.

Edited by Callidus

6 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Hooker was good as nb in college but the only problem is he is the backup fs as well. If byard goes down or he goes down we need someone to fill in either.

He was a great depth player and he might be good as a nb as well. But we still would need a backup for both. Any of these guys fit that like hooker did?

More likely we draft a true nickel and let hooker play his backup roll imo.

Edit: unless they truly belive in him and draft another version of him to backup both positions later in the draft. 

Most interesting titans offseason ever if you adk me.

Butler can't have that much longer. Draft an outside guy and let him compete imo. Then if the rookie looks good, Butler can compete for the slot w/ Hooker and whoever. 

1 minute ago, reo said:

Butler can't have that much longer. Draft an outside guy and let him compete imo. Then if the rookie looks good, Butler can compete for the slot w/ Hooker and whoever. 

Idl if he would make it the slot. Idk if it is the best routr but to me. A nb who can play fs this year and a outside guy who next year is the best play. Unless a great cb drops 2 us. If a top flight cb ends up in our laps take him. 

I am saying this all assuming we draft a edge in round 1 though.

5 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Idl if he would make it the slot. Idk if it is the best routr but to me. A nb who can play fs this year and a outside guy who next year is the best play. Unless a great cb drops 2 us. If a top flight cb ends up in our laps take him. 

I am saying this all assuming we draft a edge in round 1 though.

that's what i'm saying. I don't want an edge guy in round 1. I want them to bring in a pass rusher in FA and draft a corner in 1. 

Edited by reo

10 minutes ago, reo said:

that's what i'm saying. I don't want an edge guy in round 1. I want them to bring in a pass rusher in FA and draft a corner in 1. 

My only problem with this is that if we keep the offense together and sign a fa edge we are almost taped out. Draft edge acb/nb we have room to work. I am not saying you are wrong. That is just the best path imo.