Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Glazer: Chargers Moving On from Rivers

Just now, Soxcat said:

Why the hell would the Chargers do that? 

They said Brady would only leave the Pats if there was a team that was loaded with talent. Besides us, the Chargers were on the short list. The Colts are still looking for a vet. They came out and said that's why they gave Brissett such a short contract. I can't think of any place else Rivers would go. Hopefully not here.

I don't care if Brady has the Chargers on his short list or not.  At this stage of his career you don't dump Rivers to go with him.

It is like going to the retirements home and dropping off grandpa and taking home another even older guy.

Not sure I don't just sign someone like Keenum and draft a QB.  And no way Winston is worth the $26 mil spotrac has him down for.

I bet the Chargers win as many games with Keenum as they did with Rivers and I don't touch Brady with a 10 foot pole.

18 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I don't care if Brady has the Chargers on his short list or not.  At this stage of his career you don't dump Rivers to go with him.

It is like going to the retirements home and dropping off grandpa and taking home another even older guy.

Not sure I don't just sign someone like Keenum and draft a QB.  And no way Winston is worth the $26 mil spotrac has him down for.

I bet the Chargers win as many games with Keenum as they did with Rivers and I don't touch Brady with a 10 foot pole.

They have already dumped Rivers. They wouldn't do that unless they had someone in mind. Brady has sold his house in NE. I assume he's going somewhere.

Chargers are in a position to draft a top 3 QB. Trade up for Tua, stay put for Herbert or Jordan Love. 

They are going young. Of all the vet options, I feel like Brady would demand that pick be used to help the roster. I feel like he's ultimately going back to New England. Rivers to the Colts makes sense, and Tampa Bay might be an option there. 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:29 PM, Number9 said:

Sign him so he can be close to his family.

That's irrelevant. He could sign to play for a team in Yakutsk and he'd still be close to his family.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

That's irrelevant. He could sign to play for a team in Yakutsk and he'd still be close to his family.

Irrelevant?  Wouldn't you want to play great where you could drive home after games and brag about it to your family?  The Titans owe him that opportunity.  Plus, everybody from his hometown instantly become Titans fans.

Edited by Number9

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Irrelevant?  Wouldn't you want to play great where you could drive home after games and brag about it to your family?  The Titans owe him that opportunity.  Plus, everybody from his hometown instantly become Titans fans.

come on wtf GIF

12 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

come on wtf GIF

I'm glad you finally got the joke.

Sign him so he can be close to his family.  LMAO!!

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

I'm glad you finally got the joke.

Sign him so he can be close to his family.  LMAO!!

I don't think I got the joke. I don't get much of anything these days it seems...