Can Sanders Win?

tgo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's hard because what we are seeing is a dying party change the rules to hold onto power. The GOP is terrified of how America is changing and they know the writing is on the wall. Their last gasp eff

Here’s to hoping the establishment can squash this populist ruffian virus before our party gets fully infected the way the GOP did with Trump. 

If a rolltide posts in the woods does anyone care since 75% of the board has him on ignore?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is a really simple situation. Regardless of who wins the nomination I’m voting for them, donating to them, and campaigning for them. It isn’t tough. Trump is an existential threat to democracy, as proven by his own lawyer. Time to circle the wagons. 

Agreed.  I just think Bernie isn't the strongest candidate.  No irrational hatred, just pragmatism.  JMO, but I can also see how others think he is a stronger candidate because of turnout.

9 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is a really simple situation. Regardless of who wins the nomination I’m voting for them, donating to them, and campaigning for them. It isn’t tough. Trump is an existential threat to democracy, as proven by his own lawyer. Time to circle the wagons. 

Trump is a symptom as is Sanders. The system is broken and pandering to extremists on both sides won't fix it. 

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

It's hard because what we are seeing is a dying party change the rules to hold onto power. The GOP is terrified of how America is changing and they know the writing is on the wall. Their last gasp effort is to stack the courts with conservative judges, use gerrymandering to hold onto seats they shouldnt have, and suppress voter turnout. They know how this ends and it does so this generation. They will fight tooth and nail until the final moments.

In historical context, it's the last stand for white male privilege.  Some are scared of change, others aren't.  Only remaining question is how long it takes.

40 minutes ago, ctm said:

In historical context, it's the last stand for white male privilege.  Some are scared of change, others aren't.  Only remaining question is how long it takes.

I have a very good friend who is a republican staffer on the hill and he says the moderates know what's coming. They have pushed for immigration reform and believe the path to staying relevant is to capture the latino demographic. It's a demographic ripe for the taking due to religious views and basic conservative ideology. Moderates are pissed that the extremists in the party have taken over and prevented the party from adapting to the times.

The above is why I get annoyed with progressives who think all republicans including moderates are evil. 

Edited by oldschool

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I have a very good friend who is a republican staffer on the hill and he says the moderates know what's coming. They have pushed for immigration reform and believe the path to staying relevant is to capture the latino demographic. It's a demographic ripe for the taking due to religious views and basic conservative ideology. Moderates are pissed that the extremists in the party have taken over and prevented the party from adapting to the times.

The above is why I get annoyed with progressives who think all republicans including moderates are evil. 

guess who the most popular candidate is among Latinos

5 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

It means my rights cannot be taken away by a bunch of democrats. You tards don't even want us to have a country. You want Mexicans and Hondurans voting in our elections. You wanted Soleimani  to be president. 

When Medicare for All gets passed, I suggest that you seek the help that you so desperately need.

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The GOP so-called “moderates” have been publicly all in on Trumpism and Tea Party bullshit before that. They are just as evil as the rest of them. All they care about is getting re-elected. No one is forcing them to join in, they have volunteered to do it and publicly supported it. 

Edited by Starkiller

43 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The GOP so-called “moderates” have been publicly all in on Trumpism and Tea Party bullshit before that. They are just as evil as the rest of them. All they care about is getting re-elected. No one is forcing them to join in, they have volunteered to do it and publicly supported it. 

All of them including dems want to get reelected above all else. Thats a result of no congressional term limits. Obviously they've sold their souls to the extremists and dont deserve pity. They must be made to pay at the ballot box this November. That being said not all of them are bad people. Acting like moderates are evil is what leads to Sanders. 

11 minutes ago, oldschool said:

All of them including dems want to get reelected above all else. Thats a result of no congressional term limits. Obviously they've sold their souls to the extremists and dont deserve pity. They must be made to pay at the ballot box this November. That being said not all of them are bad people. Acting like moderates are evil is what leads to Sanders. 

No, acting like the “moderates” are better than all the rest of them who they constantly go along with is what lead to Trump...