Can Sanders Win?

tgo

19 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I've been paying mine and my wife's student debt too. It's something I have also dealt with. That doesn't mean that I should turn a blind eye to those that haven't been able to or decide that "I did it so screw you". Just because you suffered through something that doesn't mean that those who go after you should to. I don't want my kids to have to delay adulthood in part because of student debt that will astronomical by the time they reach college age (they're 5,4, and 2 years old right now). The goal is to make a better future for them not to force them through the same trials like some kind of social hazing ritual.

Mine too. I'd like to curb them down to 0 or something so low anyone could afford it. 

Who wants to turn a blind eye to it? Thats the problem with the Bernie crowd. If you aren't with me 100% you are against me. I've read nothing but post after post acknowledging the situation needs to be addressed. Just because I don't agree all student debt should be canceled doesn't mean I'm turning a blind eye... 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's hard because what we are seeing is a dying party change the rules to hold onto power. The GOP is terrified of how America is changing and they know the writing is on the wall. Their last gasp eff

Here’s to hoping the establishment can squash this populist ruffian virus before our party gets fully infected the way the GOP did with Trump. 

If a rolltide posts in the woods does anyone care since 75% of the board has him on ignore?

Posted Images

I really don't understand how some of you cannot see how having an educated society would benefit all of us in essentially all aspects of life. 

High school is not enough anymore; the U.S. is quickly falling behind the rest of the industrialized world in education and the long-term effects of that could be catastrophic.

24 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Who wants to turn a blind eye to it? Thats the problem with the Bernie crowd. If you aren't with me 100% you are against me. I've read nothing but post after post acknowledging the situation needs to be addressed. Just because I don't agree all student debt should be canceled doesn't mean I'm turning a blind eye... 

I didn't accuse anyone in this topic of turning a blind eye to it. I'm referring to people who hold the opinion "well you got yourself into this mess so bootstrap your way out of it".  In a previous post I even said I've seen better solutions to this problem in this thread than I have heard from most politicians. 

Edited by Mythos27

1 hour ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

you realize that literally every generation has said that about younger generations, grandpa? and that it's a misconception?

It will be combined with making higher education free for all, so...

All medical debt in this country should also be cancelled.

You mean all bills to doctors will be just written off?  Why stop there... why not housing? Mortgages? Grocery?  I personally think I should write off the IRS.....

You chose to get loans for schooling. It is not up to me to pay it. I cannot help it that you chose to major in bs studies and have a job that cannot pay your debt...

40 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

You mean all bills to doctors will be just written off?  Why stop there... why not housing? Mortgages? Grocery?  I personally think I should write off the IRS.....

You chose to get loans for schooling. It is not up to me to pay it. I cannot help it that you chose to major in bs studies and have a job that cannot pay your debt...

I'm paying my debts. Others should not have to even take on that debt to begin with.

Health care is a human right. You should not go bankrupt because you got cancer.

Edited by Cornrow Wallace

55 minutes ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

For those of you against free college, do you believe America would be better or worse if its citizens were more educated?

Its not the only part of the equation. Thats what Bernie lauds about Cuba and the country sucks. So more educated is fine but not at the destruction of its country. And by the way, I suppose you would want standardized texts to reflect your world view so maybe Cubs is a role model for you.

Why not rail at schools charging outrageous tuitions while hoarding money and allowing lazy fucks to have tenure.

There is no free anything. You just want someone else to pay for it.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Its not the only part of the equation. Thats what Bernie lauds about Cuba and the country sucks. So more educated is fine but not at the destruction of its country. And by the way, I suppose you would want standardized texts to reflect your world view so maybe Cubs is a role model for you.

Why not rail at schools charging outrageous tuitions while hoarding money and allowing lazy fucks to have tenure.

There is no free anything. You just want someone else to pay for it.

the projection here is unreal.

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Don't agree with everything you say, but this shit right here is facts. The schools are a huge part of the problem and no one is holding them accountable for their BS. I remember having to shell out like $200 for the newest edition of a book that was required by my syllabus only to show up to the first class meeting and realize that my professor wrote that book. It's a hustle. 

Ha my favorite is when they get the suckers on the new edition. They literally added 5 pages from the old edition you can get used for 30 bucks and sell it for 250. I never had new books in school. Fuck that racket. 

5 hours ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

For those of you against free college, do you believe America would be better or worse if its citizens were more educated?

The republicans believe America would better with less education.  Education has a tendency to give people funny ideas like, you know, science. 

Edited by MadMax

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Ha my favorite is when they get the suckers on the new edition. They literally added 5 pages from the old edition you can get used for 30 bucks and sell it for 250. I never had new books in school. Fuck that racket. 

You just described my entire college career. I'm grateful in that I wouldn't have my job without that degree but seriously fuck college. You're just old enough to know your getting fucked but lack the life experience to know how or why.