Calais Campbell

Supernope

$17.5M owed on his final year in Jax and would cost them $2.5M to cut.  

Of all the guys the Jags went after during the Bortles window, he was the one I coveted the most.  

He wants to play a couple more years.  Any chance he finds his way here?

11 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Has he still been disruptive in the passing game? 

Fairly yes, not quite as good as before but still disruptive, but we need starters at 3 other spots.....

Javon Hargrave - would be a nice rotational player.

Has improved his overall PFF grade in every year of his NFL career, and this season, he had to step into a larger role when Stephon Tuitt went down injured for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Hargrave played 200-plus snaps more than his previous career-high and showed that he can be more than just a run-stuffing nose tackle. He ended the season with 49 total pressures, which was a top-10 figure among interior defenders, and he did it while still grading well as a run defender and tackling with impressive efficiency. Interior defenders are readily available this offseason, but Hargrave is a good one.

15 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Even if he might play for only 2 years?

Well yeah if the contract is right. I’m not signing him over Conk, Henry, or Tanne, but if he would accept a reasonable two year deal at the back end of his caree I’d have no problem with spending the money. 

4 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Well yeah if the contract is right. I’m not signing him over Conk, Henry, or Tanne, but if he would accept a reasonable two year deal at the back end of his caree I’d have no problem with spending the money. 

DL is one of those spots that needs to be monitored.  Not a huge need RIGHT NOW.  But Jones is a FA after this year and Casey is getting older.  The hope is that Mack can replace Austin Johnson and they can find more depth.

Archived