Sign in to follow this  
titanthakur

Jeff Fisher for Defensive Coordinator

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Fisher is probably the least qualified person i can think of to call and design plays

Sometimes you are shockingly ignorant. Really? He was a member of the 85 Bears and after he broke his leg Buddy Ryan made him a coach. Then Buddy hired him to be his DC with the Eagles. It's been a damn long time since he was a DC, since 94. Perhaps too long.  

Nothing conservative about that defense either. I'm not sure Fisher is up for that job but he could do a decent job if he was motivated. 

39 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Sometimes you are shockingly ignorant. Really? He was a member of the 85 Bears and after he broke his leg Buddy Ryan made him a coach. Then Buddy hired him to be his DC with the Eagles. It's been a damn long time since he was a DC, since 94. Perhaps too long.  

Nothing conservative about that defense either. I'm not sure Fisher is up for that job but he could do a decent job if he was motivated. 

That was so long ago. Fisher wasnt an X and O head coach at all. Probably hasnt drawn anything on the board in almost 30 years

4 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Many people do not know but Bill Murray was an All American cornerback in college and he went into college coaching during his graduate studies and was seen as one of the brightest defensive minds in football.  He was also working at Second City and then Saturday Night Live.  Supposedly he wants to get into football again now.   Not defensive coordinator of course but the Titans should pursue him for defensive back coach. 

How many people looked up Bill Murray and football after reading this?

My younger daughter filmed a documentary with Bill in summer 2018 regarding his minor league baseball team that I believe he and his brother Brian own.. but I don’t think I knew about his football history.. 

So next I'm guess you want Whiz as the OC too?

Off season shit show has begun.  Oooo for the days when Kyle was around and making a new mock every hour.  Too damn bad he became a 9er fan.

Kris Richard and Rex Ryan also options. Funny to hear the guys always hating on any option but never having any opinion of their own you ignorant cock gobblers. 

grow some fucking balls and have an opinion instead of just hating everything you see and thinking you’re so smart lol nerdy faggot fuckheads 

6 hours ago, tgo said:

Do you also post at GoTitans? 

If not - Gotitans.com is a great forum - check it out! 

They really need some astute posters over there to help build the culture and elevate the board there. 

yea man gotitans is cool but I wanna know what mitch ferkins and his buddies think sometimes so I come here. 

17 minutes ago, titanthakur said:

Kris Richard and Rex Ryan also options. Funny to hear the guys always hating on any option but never having any opinion of their own you ignorant cock gobblers. 

grow some fucking balls and have an opinion instead of just hating everything you see and thinking you’re so smart lol nerdy faggot fuckheads 

I’ve expressed my opinion on this ad nauseum.

The most likely options are Shane Bowen and Romeo Crennel.

There are other potential somewhat likely options such as James Bettcher, John Pagano, Tyrone McKenzie, John Butler, Bobby King, Darren Perry, Mike Macdonald, Joe Cullen, Jim Leonhard, etc. 

15 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’ve expressed my opinion on this ad nauseum.

The most likely options are Shane Bowen and Romeo Crennel.

There are other potential somewhat likely options such as James Bettcher, John Pagano, Tyrone McKenzie, John Butler, Bobby King, Darren Perry, Mike Macdonald, Joe Cullen, Jim Leonhard, etc. 

Romeo been around to long...Offenses Figure out his defense..NA

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

That was so long ago. Fisher wasnt an X and O head coach at all. Probably hasnt drawn anything on the board in almost 30 years

When you think about Fisher, he gained a reputation as a Buddy Ryan disciple and a defensive whiz. However, I've always wondered with Buddy's ego, how much control did he really give Fisher as his DC? Yet, Fisher got this media friendly reputation as a defensive guru.

Unlike Williams or Schwartz, I don't think Fisher was tied to a defensive scheme. It's all about running the ball and stopping the run. Whether you stop it with an aggressive or conservative defense, I don't think it mattered to him because he was not drawing up the plays.  

That's why I don't think he would be a good DC. So, my vote is no.