Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mercalius

This Video Says Everything About Mariota

It shows what kind of person and teammate he is, consoling Tannehill after a heartbreaking loss.  He’s a great guy, and I wish him the best. Many do.  

But.  

Tannehill’s is the attitude, IMO, that is more proper.   “I’m so mad right now.”  He should be. Chances to go to the Super Bowl are few and far between and he’s angry that he lost what might (hopefully not though) be his only chance to get there.  Losses should hurt.  Especially with what’s on the line.  Being even-keeled and not too up or down has its merits, but give me the guy who’s pissed when his chance to hoist the Lombardi is taken away.  Kudos to Marcus for handling this situation with maturity and doing his best to support Tannehill.  But give me the player who’s mad after a big loss.  

Our daily dose!  

The streak is alive!  (I was going to post this tonight if it wasn't already up)

I agree with your statements, btw.  I imagine all of the backups weren't nearly as devastated as starters and rotational players.  

He’s the backup.

The former starter who got benched and has no future with the team. 

What did he have to be mad about in the moment? He’s not even part of the team anymore lol

Says everything about Mariota? Wasn't he drafted #2 and paid 21 mill this season to perform on the field? 

Marcus seems content to be a backup the rest of his career and I don’t blame him at all. Get paid 5-10 million to take like 10 hits a year? Fuck yeah sign me up. 

If he stays in the NFL as a backup for the next 5-7 years he’ll be one of the 50-100 highest grossing nfl players of all time.

6 hours ago, Titans279 said:

The funny thing about this video is Mariota doesn't even sound that sincere to me in this lol

Well he is an expert at losing so who better to console Tanne?

There are a ton of players like this.

It's just those players didn't get drafted with the expectations and failed. So people have a soft spot for him,

But there are undrafted FAs that are just as nice who worked just as hard and just couldn't cut it.

This is what bothers me about this shit. Mariota isn't doing anything special. It was special when he was the top QB for the Titans. He isn't anymore, so ... he's just another nice player. These are a dime a dozen.

14 hours ago, Titans279 said:

The funny thing about this video is Mariota doesn't even sound that sincere to me in this lol

Because it's a fake. He actually said: "It's tough mate. I know just 1 QB who overcame an 18 pt deficit at Arrowhead in the play off"

13 minutes ago, Constantine said:

Because it's a fake. He actually said: "It's tough mate. I know just 1 QB who overcame an 18 pt deficit at Arrowhead in the play off"

You forgot the TD pass to himself!  LOL ar comparing the 2019 KC team to the 2017 KC team without Mahomes and Watkins plus missing Kelce and an entirely different defense.....

5 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

You forgot the TD pass to himself!  LOL ar comparing the 2019 KC team to the 2017 KC team without Mahomes and Watkins plus missing Kelce and an entirely different defense.....

What do you mean without Mahomes, he was in the 46 active roster. It was Andy Reid decision who is gonna play.