Senior Bowl Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are they any injured top players at their position coming out this year?

The road to the NFL Draft in Vegas really ramps up today with the start of Senior Bowl week, disappointing how many players have pulled out of the Senior Bowl via injuries over recent weeks.  

In a Vrabel/Smith offense I would hate to use a first rounder on a WR, we can't find enough targets for the weapons we have now let alone bringing in another premium pick, saying that I wouldn't be su

On 1/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, tgo said:

Josh Jones is a prototypical zone tackle, he's high on my list of potential Conklin replacements in the draft and very well could be worthy of a late first round pick. Maybe less raw than Austin Jackson even while playing at a small school. 

JRob has leaned towards going with the positions that were deepest the last few years, from ‘17-‘19 he took guys at positions that were probably the strongest in the draft. Tackle this year might be the best position group we’ve seen in years. I’d hate to lose Conklin but reality is reality, it makes the most sense to replace him with how strong this draft is. Jones was amazing this year & a prototype athletically for our system.

That said, I’d resign Conklin & make the tough decision to let Henry walk. That isn’t happening though. Conklin was dominant from md season on & everything we expected him to be.

Edited by Face

On 1/22/2020 at 5:08 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

He will be long gone before the Titans pick but man South Carolina DT Javon Kinlaw is impressive so ridiculously quick for a guy his size.

Huge production to back it up to. 

If we let Jack walk & JJ/Wirfs isn’t there, which they won’t be, I love Becton. There’s just not many 6’8 370 pounders that can move. He’s pretty polished to, though he’ll never be a great pass blocker, he has some of the most dominant run blocks you’ll ever see. Doesn’t move great in a zone scheme though I think we’ll be a little more balanced in terms of blocking scheme next year.

10 minutes ago, Face said:

If we let Jack walk & JJ/Wirfs isn’t there, which they won’t be, I love Becton. There’s just not many 6’8 370 pounders that can move. He’s pretty polished to, though he’ll never be a great pass blocker, he has some of the most dominant run blocks you’ll ever see. Doesn’t move great in a zone scheme though I think we’ll be a little more balanced in terms of blocking scheme next year.

Daniel Jeremiah is bullish that Becton will be taken in the top half of the draft. 

At where we pick, we're looking more at someone like Andrew Thomas (who the media has higher than the teams reportedly), Josh Jones (very raw), Austin Jackson (raw), Isaiah Wilson, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Unless Conklin simply insists on top OT money there isn't much justification for not re-signing him.  The rationale makes no sense. 

"Hey, he is just a right tackle, he doesn't deserve LT like money,  let him walk and use our 1st round pick on a new one"....    ?

Now that pick, at #29, used on an OT is also an edge guy or CB we don't pick there.  So not signing Conklin means we create a huge hole that needs to be filled.

It means we might not be able to get help in the pass rush like we want.  Or a real god cover CB. 

Again, if we are going to franchise someone it should be Henry.  Sign Conklin and Tannehill.  Consider signing Ryan as well if it can be done with Henry being franchised.

Don't be so pin headed you create significant holes we have to fill via  the draft. 

OT is extremely deep this draft, we could probably end up with a starting caliber guy in the 2nd or 3rd.  The issue is Lane Johnson resetting the market for RT's at 18 mil per year.  Trent Brown is getting 16.5 mil a year.  I think a Collins contract is reasonable at 10 mil a year, but that's probably not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Guts said:

OT is extremely deep this draft, we could probably end up with a starting caliber guy in the 2nd or 3rd.  The issue is Lane Johnson resetting the market for RT's at 18 mil per year.  Trent Brown is getting 16.5 mil a year.  I think a Collins contract is reasonable at 10 mil a year, but that's probably not going to happen.

Very dangerous to expect to find a RT who is ready to start from day 1 at pick 61 or later.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Very dangerous to expect to find a starting RT at pick 61 or later.

Any draft pick is a gamble no matter the position.  This just happens to be the deepest draft class at the position for a while.  If Conklin was to leave during free agency, I would assume Kelly would be retained or another vet brought in.  We would at least have options if we had to draft someone 61 or later, the could be eased in much like Davis this year.

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

What is the magic number?  $12?  $13?

Not sure I'd let a few mil per year be the difference in having to pick another OT in the first couple of rounds and hope they can not be total crap.

Not like we should be happy with a JAG out there. 

That would be ideal, outside Brown and Johnson the next two RT's make around that followed by Collins at 10.  All depends if Conklin and his agent feel being the next man up he deserves 18 mil.

2 minutes ago, Guts said:

Any draft pick is a gamble no matter the position.  This just happens to be the deepest draft class at the position for a while.  If Conklin was to leave during free agency, I would assume Kelly would be retained or another vet brought in.  We would at least have options if we had to draft someone 61 or later, the could be eased in much like Davis this year.

It is a very talented group no doubt but there isn't endless depth, it wouldn't be at all shocking if the top 6 OT are gone in the first 40 picks this year.