Senior Bowl Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are they any injured top players at their position coming out this year?

The road to the NFL Draft in Vegas really ramps up today with the start of Senior Bowl week, disappointing how many players have pulled out of the Senior Bowl via injuries over recent weeks.  

In a Vrabel/Smith offense I would hate to use a first rounder on a WR, we can't find enough targets for the weapons we have now let alone bringing in another premium pick, saying that I wouldn't be su

Alabama edge rusher Terrell Lewis is one of the few guys at the Senior Bowl that I think might be in play for us at pick 29, obviously depending on what happens in FA, he has perfect size/length for the position and if not for injury concerns earlier in his CFB career he might of got more buzz during the draft process so far.

We all know JRob has a love for taking players who have had injury concerns.

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

@AussieTitanFan08 I’ve had my eye on Terrell Lewis as a potential Titans target for some time now. I think he’s someone they may target. 

Sitting at pick 29 we are obviously totally at the mercy of what happens in front of us, the fascinating thing about this draft is the massive amount of depth at the WR position and how teams who have WR needs attack that position in the first round.

If teams pass on WR's early and focus on other needs JRob could have a problem on his hands at pick 29.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Sitting at pick 29 we are obviously totally at the mercy of what happens in front of us, the fascinating thing about this draft is the massive amount of depth at the WR position and how teams who have WR needs attack that position in the first round.

If teams pass on WR's early and focus on other needs JRob could have a problem on his hands at pick 29.

I actually think WR could be in play at 29 depending on what happens in FA

Just now, tgo said:

I actually think WR could be in play at 29 depending on what happens in FA

In a Vrabel/Smith offense I would hate to use a first rounder on a WR, we can't find enough targets for the weapons we have now let alone bringing in another premium pick, saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the BPA when we are on the clock is either a WR or RB.

I'm hoping one out of Yetur Gross-Matos/Terrell Lewis/K'Lavon Chaisson makes it to 29 so the option of taking a pass rusher is there should JRob want to take one.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

In a Vrabel/Smith offense I would hate to use a first rounder on a WR, we can't find enough targets for the weapons we have now let alone bringing in another premium pick, saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the BPA when we are on the clock is either a WR or RB.

I'm hoping one out of Yetur Gross-Matos/Terrell Lewis/K'Lavon Chaisson makes it to 29 so the option of taking a pass rusher is there should JRob want to take one.

I agree with the exception of a blazing deep threat type WR that would make teams pay with PA. 

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think Vrabel/JRob/Smith might think Raymond or the return of Batson who they seem to like could fill that role, both are plenty quick to go deep.

I can see both being rostered next year unless a WR is drafted high. 

Jennings won’t be around going forward imo, and course Sharpe will have better opportunities elsewhere. 

If we continue running a heavy run/play action offense we could really benefit from a Will Fuller type receiver (without the injury bug of course).  I like Batson and Raymond but both are under 5'9, who only see a few snaps a game. Would like to get a speedster that we can keep on the field more.

14 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Herbert is going to create a lot of buzz in the off-season.  Not like he's under the radar, but his stock should rise when they focus solely on his physical traits and how accurate he is.  

Nooooo.  I watch plenty of Pac12 football and he's very much like Mariota.  He misses a ton of open receivers and his ball placement accuracy is average at best.  He'll be overdrafted but I hope it's not the Titans.

14 hours ago, tgo said:

I can see both being rostered next year unless a WR is drafted high. 

Jennings won’t be around going forward imo, and course Sharpe will have better opportunities elsewhere. 

I think you draft a WR this year keeping in mind that Davis is gone after this year.

Houston OT Josh Jones had another really day today he has really helped himself so far in Senior Bowl practices, would think he goes somewhere between 25-40 in April.

Two day 2 edge rushers had good days today, both Utah Edge Bradlee Anae and Michigan Edge Joshua Uche were impressive and could be an option for JRob at pick 61 if they make it that far.

The South practice is live now on ESPNU for those interested.