PFF Predicting the Future for Henry and Tannehill

BudsOilers

Just now, reo said:

I'd be fine w/ that.

He didn't get it done in KC. If he had, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Play calling was an issue. 
The alternatives are not good anyway.  The other FA are worse than him and they draft too low to get a qb. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was without Henry one game and he had a 133 QB rating .  Not exactly struggling.  

Henry and Tannehill will be retained.    The only question is by what means and how many Brinks trucks we'll need to get the job done. 

4 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

He was without Henry one game and he had a 133 QB rating .  Not exactly struggling.  

He really only had one sub-par game all season.  His lowest rated game this year (Carolina - 82.3), with enough attempts to qualify, was right at his career AVERAGE before this year.  He was healthy for the first time in the previous 3 years.  All while throwing to a rookie (beast ass rookie, however), back-up tight ends and receivers, and an underperforming highly drafted receiver, none of which are known as "fast" by NFL standards.  I think its fair to say he has elevated his floor, and probably hit his ceiling, this season.  He was VERY consistent at his newer average level of play this year.  I agree with that article's statement of how much he should make on a contract...right at where I've been saying he should get paid.  The KC game shouldn't be looked at as a help or hurt, regarding his value...that was a total team loss, if there ever was one.

Just now, reo said:

He didn't get it done in KC. If he had, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I thought Tannehill was a victim of some questionable play calling and poor run blocking execution when the game was still winnable. 

Not to mention it seems crazy that the defense is getting a complete pass -  Aside from the first 3 and out, the Titans defense let KC move up and down the field and score 5 TD's.  The only other stop while the game was in the balance was a dropped pass by Hill in the early 3rd quarter.  The odds of winning a game when you give up 5 TD's on defense are pretty low statistically.

1 minute ago, reo said:

CB I lean towards agreeing with. 

OLB depends on FA

RT depends on Conklin.

#2 RB does not need to be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick imo.

Dark horse one is outside WR.  Davis probably won’t get the option picked up and is probably gone after 2020.  Humphries is primarily a slot WR.  Leaves AJ Brown as the only outside WR

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Dark horse one is outside WR.  Davis probably won’t get the option picked up and is probably gone after 2020.  Humphries is primarily a slot WR.  Leaves AJ Brown as the only outside WR

I've got very little interest in drafting a WR early. I think this team has much more pressing needs.

It's possible though.

12 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

BTW people actually advocating for Rivers...GTFO.  He's done and even prime Rivers choked in big moments.  Plus he's a complete ass to boot.

I would love to know what makes him a "complete ass."  Yes, he talks a lot on the field.  But off the field he does seem like a pretty good guy.

7 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I thought Tannehill was a victim of some questionable play calling and poor run blocking execution when the game was still winnable. 

Not to mention it seems crazy that the defense is getting a complete pass -  Aside from the first 3 and out, the Titans defense let KC move up and down the field and score 5 TD's.  The only other stop while the game was in the balance was a dropped pass by Hill in the early 3rd quarter.  The odds of winning a game when you give up 5 TD's on defense are pretty low statistically.

No one scored in the 3rd quarter. Against that offense... that's a WIN. Our offense needed to score. It couldn't.

9 minutes ago, PhinFan1968 said:

He really only had one sub-par game all season.  His lowest rated game this year (Carolina - 82.3), with enough attempts to qualify, was right at his career AVERAGE before this year.  He was healthy for the first time in the previous 3 years.  All while throwing to a rookie (beast ass rookie, however), back-up tight ends and receivers, and an underperforming highly drafted receiver, none of which are known as "fast" by NFL standards.  I think its fair to say he has elevated his floor, and probably hit his ceiling, this season.  He was VERY consistent at his newer average level of play this year.  I agree with that article's statement of how much he should make on a contract...right at where I've been saying he should get paid.  The KC game shouldn't be looked at as a help or hurt, regarding his value...that was a total team loss, if there ever was one.

Except in crunch time.. when it mattered when the really good QBs step up.... he didn't. That goes for both vs KC and vs NO.

Is that a symptom of a bigger issue? Maybe.

That being said, I'd still be good to resign Tannehill if that's what they decide to do.

Just now, scine09 said:

I would love to know what makes him a "complete ass."  Yes, he talks a lot on the field.  But off the field he does seem like a pretty good guy.

Sorry - trash talking when you have never one a fucking thing is weak.   If you talk, you better back it up and he's never come through in big moments.  His teams consistently underachieve.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

I disagree. We could use a vertical threat to go with our play action offense. 

I haven't seen lack of speed being a big issue stopping them from going deep on play action.

2 minutes ago, reo said:

No one scored in the 3rd quarter. Against that offense... that's a WIN. Our offense needed to score. It couldn't.

Exactly he took to many shots down the field instead of taking what was given 

2 minutes ago, reo said:

The offense had one possession - that was botched by 2nd and 1 and 3rd and inches runs that were stuffed.  How the fuck is that on Tannehill?

BTW, the second KC possession started mid 3rd quarter and rolled into the 4th before they scored to make it 28-17.....

Just now, BudAdams said:

Sorry - trash talking when you have never one a fucking thing is weak.   If you talk, you better back it up and he's never come through in big moments.  His teams consistently underachieve.

Fair enough.  I think his teams play a lot of close games so his late game failures are over-exaggerated.  Sometimes he comes through late and sometimes he doesn't.  And if you want to rip him for never getting to the Super Bowl and having constantly under-achieving teams, I think that's fair.  But it's not all on him.  He's never had a real good head coach in his time with the Chargers other than his first year when he in my mind would've won the Super Bowl if that idiot didn't fumble after the Brady INT.

In some ways they remind me of the Houston Oilers in the late 80s/early 90s.  Always a ton of talent but lousy coaching.  And it's hard to overcome that.