Homer takes aside, this is a pretty good layout at least from the salary cap and list of free agents.....

I'd be surprised if the Titans retain all of the players he advocates for not to mention the FA wish list.  He didn't go full Kyle but still......

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2020/1/21/21073391/previewing-a-2020-offseason-that-will-be-filled-with-critical-decisions-for-titans-gm-jon-robinson

Edited by BudAdams
Link

5 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Homer takes aside, this is a pretty good layout at least from the salary cap and list of free agents.....

I'd be surprised if the Titans retain all of the players he advocates for not to mention the FA wish list.  He didn't go full Kyle but still......

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2020/1/21/21073391/previewing-a-2020-offseason-that-will-be-filled-with-critical-decisions-for-titans-gm-jon-robinson

I thought it was pretty good but he’s definitely underestimating how much Ryan, Henry, and Tannehill are going to get. His “conservative” estimates are probably way closer to reality. 

No way Logan Ryan accepts 8 million a year. 10 will be the minimum he accepts. 

I expect we lose Ryan, Correa, Kelly, Sharpe, Johnson (Tolar incoming) and maybe Pruit.

Edited by Thrill

13 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I thought it was pretty good but he’s definitely underestimating how much Ryan, Henry, and Tannehill are going to get. His “conservative” estimates are probably way closer to reality. 

I expect we lose Ryan, Correa, Kelly, Sharpe, Johnson (Tolar incoming) and maybe Pruit.

I don't see them getting RT for 60M guaranteed.  Cousins got 84M and that was two years ago.

Edited by ctm

1 hour ago, ctm said:

I don't see them getting RT for 60M guaranteed.  Cousins got 84M and that was two years ago.

I'd agree. I think a 4 year 100-110 million dollar deal is the number.

Nick Foles really only got about 27 million guaranteed in his deal out of a possible 87. With Rodgers, his first 3 years of his deal came out to around 70 million and the guarantees were 46 million. This doesn't include the massive spike his cap goes to in year four because years 4,5, and 6 aren't guaranteed. But I think the 46/70 guaranteed is a good number to work with. That's about 65% guaranteed. So for a 100 million dollar deal that'd be 65 million guaranteed. Tannehill is a step down from Rodgers so 60 million guaranteed sounds about right. 

The thing is with the way dead money works it's hard for teams to really get out of these massive contracts scot free. So if we do a 4 year deal with Tannehill, even if the guarantees are only 30-50%, he can assume that, barring a total implosion, he'll see most of the money on the contract. In one way or another, at least. 

Edited by Thrill

2 hours ago, ctm said:

KC is a different situation.  RT is important.  Using a tag there seems logical.  Can we find another RT in the draft?  Of course, looking at KC is the dream.  Good performance by RT helped us get to the CG.  

2 hours ago, Thrill said:

Correa should be easy to retain of they want him back. The big decision is really Conklin and I hope they move on. Not overpaying for averaging players is a sign of a good franchise. Dont be scared to restock when needed.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Correa should be easy to retain of they want him back. The big decision is really Conklin and I hope they move on. Not overpaying for averaging players is a sign of a good franchise. Dont be scared to restock when needed.

Conklin situation reminds me Nate Solder..........and that has not worked out for the Giants and did work out for NE

4 hours ago, Thrill said:

I'm waiting for a Conklin mention...

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

Correa got 6 sacks in the last 8 games. I think he’s earned himself an ok deal. Not sure if we’re willing to give him that, especially if we sign Clowney or Judon.

I tend to agree on Conklin but I’m hesistant to create new holes to fill. Would rather pay him then draft a bust. 

7 hours ago, ctm said:

They do have the leverage of the franchise tag to use against him if they can’t agree on a contract. He won’t be able to test free agency like Cousins could.

31 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They do have the leverage of the franchise tag to use against him if they can’t agree on a contract. He won’t be able to test free agency like Cousins could.

Running through all the QB needy teams and the rumors surrounding those teams i'm not sure there would be such a huge market for Tannehill outside the Titans, yes some teams would be interested but I don't know if there would be a huge scramble.

Just look at some of the QB needy teams and what they have been rumored to be thinking.

Bengals - they are drafting Joe Burrow

Dolphins - rumored to be coveting Tua

Chargers - have been reports over the last 72hrs they absolutely love Justin Hebert (which would be a massive mistake)

Colts - has been heavily reported that Ballard covets Jordan Love

Bucs - if they don't keep Winston reports are they could sign Rivers and draft Eason

Patriots - if they don't keep Brady, Peter King pointed to them looking at Dalton in a trade so they could protect comp picks by not signing big money FA QB

Bears - they have some cap issues to work through, would be creating some major roster holes to fit Tannehill in, also lack draft capital 

Raiders - this has been rumored as a possible destination for Brady

Cowboys - would be a surprise if they moved on from Dak

Saints - likely to be Brees or Bridgewater

Panthers - no idea what they do with Newton, has been a lot of speculation that their new owner Tepper wants to make a huge splash in the draft

Broncos - sounds like they are running with Drew Lock

I'm optimistic that Tannehill and the Titans conclude this is the right fit for both parties and can come to a satisfactory conclusion on a long term deal averaging roughly around what the franchise tag would be for 2020, I would be surprised if Tannehill got into the $30 million range on a per year basis, think he ends up somewhere in the $27-29 million range.

I just consider Ryan a goner. He's going to get a large contract, is getting close to 30 and can be replaced.