He's in a tough spot, but his great work so far got him here.  T&H is his biggest hurtle.  How much is Tannehill going to demand?  Is there going to be a crazy market for Tannehill?  I don't think so.  He should be able to get just about whatever terms he sees as fair.  Henry.  He could be a problem.  This playoff run has pushed him into record deal money.  All his agent has to do is stick in a tape of him running all over teams and he's getting paid.  JRob will again be in the same spot as the team was with Mariota.  Henry is the face of the franchise.  The Titans are still struggling to get Titans fans butts in the seats, so Henry is top priority.

After those two, he's going to be thin to sign everybody else he needs.

Apparently this is a great draft for ot, so maybe Conklin doesn’t get offered as much as he’s hoping

3 minutes ago, Nash said:

Apparently this is a great draft for ot, so maybe Conklin doesn’t get offered as much as he’s hoping

How would that work?  We already have a rookie at RG, so do you start Kelley until the draft pick is ready?

Edited by Number9

It’s a tough offseason for Jrob, for sure.  Maybe I’m wrong but I just can’t see us giving more than one huge future contract out.  Is it gunna be DH or RT?  And how will either of them react to being tagged vs given a long term deal.  It’s a tricky situation to handle. 

4 minutes ago, TennTitans23 said:

It’s a tough offseason for Jrob, for sure.  Maybe I’m wrong but I just can’t see us giving more than one huge future contract out.  Is it gunna be DH or RT?  And how will either of them react to being tagged vs given a long term deal.  It’s a tricky situation to handle. 

Safe to say that if Henry is tagged it gets ugly and if Tannehill gets tagged it's probably minimal headache.

23 minutes ago, Number9 said:

How would that work?  We already have a rookie at RG, so do you start Kelley until the draft pick is ready?

Conklin and Lewan both started as rookies.

16 minutes ago, japan said:

Safe to say that if Henry is tagged it gets ugly and if Tannehill gets tagged it's probably minimal headache.

Tagging Tannehill would be a huge slap in the face. 

If anyone gets tagged it’ll be Conklin I think. 

54 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Conklin and Lewan both started as rookies.

Davis started game five.  RT on this team is important spot.  Those two starting now were high first round picks.  The team has had its difficulties with the line, so people say they aren't coached up well enough.  Will some team give Conklin RT money?  Some people say they think he can play on the left side, definitely mo money.  

What do you think about moving up by giving away a 4th and maybe a 6th to get a Tackle in round one if Conklin walks?

he's got cap space. He just has to maximize it. He already knows what each will cost, it's a matter of deciding who should stay and who should go and making that happen.

I agree but every year we say this is the big offseason. Last year it was a big offseason to see if we could add pieces around Mariota. He knocked last offseason out of the park when you think about it . 

Tannehill was the best trade any team made this year. Saffold came in and anchored the left side contributing to Henry's huge year. Hump didnt live up but still contributed. Wake added plenty of pressure before suffering injuries down the stretch. 

Then the draft. Mother of god. Simmons is going to be a stud after a great rookie season. Need I mention AJ Brown. Nate Davis played well for a 3rd round pick. 

Jrob made 2018 offseason his bitch. I trust him going into this one. Let's hope his draft luck continues.  

It is absolutely JR’s hardest offseason he will face. 

He has a major decision to be made at QB, RB, RT, CB, and edge rusher. 

however I have seen that we are sitting at 60 million in cap room. I don’t know if that’s true or not, and if it includes potential cuts. 

Cutting Walker, Lewis, Vaccaro, Wake, etc would bring us an additional 16-18 million in cap room just thinking out loud. That’s if we cut Vaccaro which I wouldn’t cry about as he is very good in the run, but a total liability in the passing game. I think Hooker could replace him instantly and provide the same presence against the run and better option against the pass. You can’t keep Hooker on the bench and you can’t always play three safety looks. I think Amani has earned the starting S job. I think he would be much better than Vaccaro against the pass. Also don’t forget Cruikshank who we were very high on and he has slot of experience at NB. 

I think this team really needs to lock in and realize that we lucked into a QB, and we have to retain him and improve the team around him. That means we first have to start with him and secure him to a lucrative deal. After that, it’s all about what we are going to do at RB, and as much as I love Henry, and what he has done the last 26 games as a Titan... I have to say... let him go. He earned it, but we can’t pay that much for a RB... now, if he would give a team friendly deal on a short deal then absolutely you do it, but that’s not expected and I would never expect him to leave tens of millions on the table. So I would let him go get his massive payday and thank him for everything he has done. I would sign a RB like Matt Breida in FA to replace Lewis and go into the draft to replace Henry with a RB like Swift, Taylor, or Vaughn. With the kind of offense we run we would be looking at Swift and Taylor as our new RB1, or we can allocate what it would’ve cost to sign Henry and bring in Gordon and Breida in FA at the cost of Henry And Lewis (8 million for Gordon and 6 million a year for Brieda) and still walk out ahead in cap room and walk away with talent at RB that would be upgraded as a whole and we would have a more open offense. 

I would also keep a close eye on Bryan Bulaga and see what his market is, but would more so focus on retaining Kelly as our swing tackle. This draft is littered with OT’s and like it or love it or hate it, it may be our first pick in the draft. If a guy like Jackson, Adams, Wirfs, or the Bama kid drops then you can’t pass on them. However I think Adams can be had in round 2 due to his injury history as teams will have him flagged due to his injuries, and another name to keep an eye on is Throckmorton. He may be more of an OG though. 

as much as I love Firkser he is what he is and that’s a limited #3 TE that we need to keep, but we really have to do something about the #2 TE spot. If the Chargers let Hunter Henry walk after 4 injury plagued seasons then I would be all in on offering him a contract. I would also keep my eyes on Eifert if he becomes available. We have to upgrade across from Jonnu Smith, because Pruitt is not a long term solution as a #2 TE, and I seriously would consider giving Walker another year and asking him to take a pay cut as another option. He would have basically taken two years to recover from his injury and he one of the games best #2 TE’s. 

Cornerback has to be upgraded. I wouldn’t just say we need a pure NB and a backup outside corner. I would say we need both. We can find a solid NB in FA for half the cost of Ryan, and we can draft a CB in rounds 1-3 to upgrade Sims and Brock. 

Names I would keep tabs on if they hit FA and would go hard after

Dante Fowler - OLB

Ronald Darby - CB

Jimmy Smith - CB

Eli Apple - CB

Vic Beasley - OLB

Robert Quinn - OLB

Bud Dupree - OLB

Anthony Harris - SS

PJ Williams - NB

Jamie Collins - OLB

Matt Judon - OLB

i think out of all of these guys... I would put my money toward PJ Williams as our NB or Eli Apple, and chase hard after Bud Dupree instead of Clowney, and also give Jamie Collins, Matt Judon, and Dante Fowler a call and visit and offer if we couldn’t land Dupree but I don’t wait around. I pursue the fuck out of all 4, and hope I land one of them. 

ideally signing PJ Williams or say Ronald Darby would be fantastic followed by Judon, Dupree, Fowler, or Collins. That instantly upgrades the defense as a whole. Don’t forget. We get a fully healthy Simmons back next year. Anything we got out of him this year was a plus. He probably played at 70-80% on his best day. He is going to be fierce next year. 

offensively I can see us pursing any of the following

Bryan Bulaga - RT

Dennis Kelly - RT

Jack Conklin - RT

in other words... I rather draft an OT in rounds 1-3 than pay Conklin 15/yr or overpay for Bulaga at a minimum of 10/yr

other positions 

Kareem Hunt - RB

Kenyan Drake - RB

Melvin Gordon - RB

Matt Breida - RB

Austin Ekeler - RB

Jordan Howard - RB

Tyler Eifert - TE

Hunter Henry - TE

Austin Hooper - TE

Deon Yelder - TE

Vernon Davis - TE

Demarcus Robinson - WR

Robby Anderson - WR

Now hear me out... it isn’t sexy but I would follow this path. 

I would let Conklin walk, but I would engage in talks with Cleveland “off the record” and see if they would be willing to send us Kareem Hunt who is an RFA in exchange for Jack Conklin who is an UFA... that would mean we would have to tag Conklin, but the idea behind this would be tag Conklin and trade him to Cleveland for Kareem Hunt as a perfect swap. It would be great for both teams and we would pay chump change for a top 5 RB and able to retain Kelly as the swing tackle and go into FA ready to make a big splash on whoever is out there at OLB from Clowney, to Judon, to Dupree/Fowler/Collins followed by a TE like Eifert to be my #2 TE or Yelder as the #2 TE upgrading Pruitt. I also make a play for PJ Williams as my NB or Darby... neither would cost more than 6-7 million a year and both are sound players. Darby is a gambler but he would be a very good addition to the secondary. 

i would then go into the draft and address OT and WR

In the first and second rounds I would take it as it came. I would hope a gifted OT drops to us, but if not I would drop back into the second round and accumulate more picks. An OT like Adams or Niang in round 2 would be perfect unless a guy like Curtis Weaver drops to our pick or say Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs, or whoever else with speed and play making ability may drop to pick 29

We walk away with say... PJ Williams, Matthew Judon on defense in FA and Hunt, and say Yelder in FA on offense. 

that gives us our NB, OLB, RB and #2 TE and we enter the draft with a need at RT and WR and CB and much more cap space than we would have if we retained RT, Conklin and Henry. It would also keep us with more than enough money to retain Jayon Brown and Jonnu Smith next year. This is all considering we retain RT which is a no brainer. 

there is a million ways this can go. I fully expect JR to have contingency plans for every scenario and considering we just made the AFCC game... players are going to want to sign here more than they ever have in the past. 

1 hour ago, Doogie said:

I agree but every year we say this is the big offseason. Last year it was a big offseason to see if we could add pieces around Mariota. He knocked last offseason out of the park when you think about it . 

Tannehill was the best trade any team made this year. Saffold came in and anchored the left side contributing to Henry's huge year. Hump didnt live up but still contributed. Wake added plenty of pressure before suffering injuries down the stretch. 

Then the draft. Mother of god. Simmons is going to be a stud after a great rookie season. Need I mention AJ Brown. Nate Davis played well for a 3rd round pick. 

Jrob made 2018 offseason his bitch. I trust him going into this one. Let's hope his draft luck continues.  

This

Simmons is basically like getting a top 5 rookie next year who is going to have a DROY type impact being fully healthy and a full year in the weight room and with real game experience. We were playing with house money by getting him this year so soon on a limited basis at first until getting full time snaps toward the end of the year. 

I fully expect a major year from him next year and if we can pair an OLB Like Judon or Dupree or Fowler opposite Landry to him in FA then this front 7 is Fucking nasty. 

Also with a full year of being on the field and another offseason in Camp and preseason I fully expect Davis to take the next step at RG... This makes RT much easier. I would actually just grab a rookie and insert him day 1 and give him the Conklin experience as a rookie and provide him a TE to help until he is able to hold it down on his own. 

JR will do all the right things. I doubt he duplicates last offseason success where he got a franchise QB, #1 WR, premier DL, and plug and play LG and RG. That simply catapulted us into the playoffs. 

THREE TITANS ARE ON THIS TOP 25 FA LIST.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001096883/article/top-25-nfl-free-agents-of-2020-no-shortage-of-intriguing-qbs

This year's free agency crop is weirder, deeper, more star-studded and far tougher to rank than any in memory. How can you really assess the relative value of two all-time great quarterbacks winding down their respective careers versus, say, Broncos safety Justin Simmons?

Drew Brees and Tom Brady don't fit on every team -- or many at all. They certainly aren't long-term solutions. If they ever were to leave their current teams -- something that's far more feasible at this point with Brady -- it would have to be the right fit. Then again, that's true of all the intriguing free-agent quarterbacks like Ryan Tannehill, Jameis Winston and Philip Rivers. Every one of these quarterbacks will be paid well because even a league-average starting signal-caller is ultimately worth more than quality starters at any other position.

This initial list of the top 25 free agents of 2020 is a first draft and will surely change in February, when Chris Wesseling and I publish our annual Top 101 Free Agents. In the meantime, here goes nothing: