Brady to Titans Rumors

Mercalius

55 minutes ago, nine said:

Heck, just go back to the wildcard game.  

The Pats moved the ball and scored points in the first half...mostly by throwing to the RBs.  In the second half,  the Titans took away the RBs and forced Brady to throw down the field and outside the numbers.   Game over. 

Not that I’m blaming Brady..,,. he certainly wasn’t their only problem that day.   But the fact is, his overall consistency is a shadow of what it was a couple years ago...and that decline will just keep getting worse until he finally hangs it up for good.  

This is a slight misunderstanding of how the pats offense worked the past few years.

Teams played a lot of zone against Brady so NE would run Gronk down the seam and a RB underneath. Then he'd read the LBs. If the LBs dropped into a zone that covered Gronk then Brady would check it down either to the RB short over the middle or in the flat for an easy few yards. If they didn't drop, he'd throw it over top to Gronk. That's why Lewis had a ton of yards when he was in NE. 

How did teams stop this last year? Gronk retired.

It's a bit more complicated than that when you add in the WRs to the outside but that's the very basic idea.

Edited by reo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

I recall one bad throw which he short hopped to Brown. 

I finally got around to watching the second half last night, I only got to see the first half live due to work....

Anyways that short hop to Brown just looked so awkward.   I replayed it 3 or 4 times to see what the hell happened it looks like it just came out of his hand funny. Maybe slipped due to the cold etc.

Playcalling, flown of the game is what did us in.  I agree with you that  RT did fine considering.

The KC fans here last week liked to point out that in our first game with them we had a fumble retuned for a TD and a blocked FG etc as being the reason the game was even close.  They are pretty right about that and many here were saying all week the best way to win this game was having a few bounces go our way.  It just didn't happen for Tennessee. 

Give me Brady. The guy hasn’t fallen off and it’s ridiculous to think he will. The arm might not be the strongest but he never had a strong arm, what he had was accurate arm with guys who made plays. I’ll take Brady as a rental for 2 years and draft a QB. I simply don’t trust Tannehill not because of who he is just simple fact we’ve seen this play out many times where a backup comes in, has success gets paid and then fades away. If you tell me sign Tannehill or Henry, I’d say Henry and pair him along with Brady. 

27 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Playcalling, flown of the game is what did us in.  I agree with you that  RT did fine considering.

The KC fans here last week liked to point out that in our first game with them we had a fumble retuned for a TD and a blocked FG etc as being the reason the game was even close.  They are pretty right about that and many here were saying all week the best way to win this game was having a few bounces go our way.  It just didn't happen for Tennessee. 

This right here. We should have passed the ball significantly more and made adjustments. We needed to play perfectly and catch some breaks. We didn't. 

6 hours ago, Soxcat said:

This isn't like when the Broncos signed Manning. 

Why do you say this?  Manning was younger but his neck was fucked and he could barely get anything on passes.  It's just like when the Broncos signed Manning except we don't have a Von Miller.

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

Give me Brady. The guy hasn’t fallen off and it’s ridiculous to think he will. The arm might not be the strongest but he never had a strong arm, what he had was accurate arm with guys who made plays. I’ll take Brady as a rental for 2 years and draft a QB. I simply don’t trust Tannehill not because of who he is just simple fact we’ve seen this play out many times where a backup comes in, has success gets paid and then fades away. If you tell me sign Tannehill or Henry, I’d say Henry and pair him along with Brady. 

Brady is done

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Brady is done

Says the media fans every year. Peyton Manning was done and couldn’t throw a pass over 10 yards. You guys pay to much attention to stats. Brady had his team rolling till their defense couldn’t contain Jackson. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Says the media fans every year. Peyton Manning was done and couldn’t throw a pass over 10 yards. You guys pay to much attention to stats. Brady had his team rolling till their defense couldn’t contain Jackson. 

I watch the games. His arm is done. His offense is 100% gameplanned to hide his weaknesses now.