7 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

using Brady as leverage is just riduculous.  no agent is falling for that.

If you offer a deal to Tannehill its pretty obvious you either

a.  don't want Brady or

b. not sure you can get Brady.

and if its "b"  and I'm tannehill's agent I'm gonna wait you out.  

Tannehill will have other teams he can go to.

You gotta do something ... using Brady is as good of an option as you're going to get in 2020.

20 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

a.  don't want Brady or

You're using the option of Tom Brady to get Tannehill to sign at a number more to your liking.

Tannehills Agent: We want 30+ million AAV

JROB: We feel 25 Million is closer to our number.  We can always sign Tom Brady for less than 30 million.

At some point, both parties agree to a number between 25 and 30.  Kinda rudimentary explanation but you get the point.

But will Tannehill get more from say the Bucs, the chargers, or somebody else?  Can always backfire too. 

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

You're using the option of Tom Brady to get Tannehill to sign at a number more to your liking.

Tannehills Agent: We want 30+ million AAV

JROB: We feel 25 Million is closer to our number.  We can always sign Tom Brady for less than 30 million.

At some point, both parties agree to a number between 25 and 30.  Kinda rudimentary explanation but you get the point.

titans aren't going to offer 25 mill to Tannehill if they want and can just go get Brady.

If they want Tannehill they will negotiate a deal with him.

If they want and can get Brady then go get him.

2 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

a.  don't want Brady or

Idk... there are some out there that might. Maybe that's why Tanny switched agents. Either that or the former agent had himself a Jerry Maguire moment that cut the wrong way for RT.

6 hours ago, Jonboy said:

The truth is there isn’t much of a market, at least not with teams Brady really wants to or would play for. You, me, the Patriots and the lampost know Brady is not playing for Raiders or Bucs. He might, at the very end, play for the Chargers but they might go another direction before that. The Giants and Colts are out. League sources expect the Titans to lock in Ryan Tannehill at some point at a cheaper rate thanks to the Brady leverage, although that could change.

Word for word what I been saying although I'm not sure how much cheaper they'll get RT

8 hours ago, FRT said:

Covering all sides 101 ... well played sir!

What are you talking about? I said they planned to bring Brady in going back to last year and Tannehill ruined that plan and there is no way they'll sign Brady now. I've posted it numerous times and been crystal clear. Read better

10 hours ago, big2033 said:

My shortfall is too much editing :)

We both you know you have a continual ax to grind in all this. And you like to continuously chime in on my discussions with others because of this ax. When you lose a argument with someone ... whether it's previous weeks or months. You'll try to "win" by chiming in on other discussions to try to get your comeback after the fact. That's ACTUALLY your shortfall. Not letting things go. You've done this with others besides me.

We'll just leave it at that.

Wrong, per usual. Don’t think so highly of yourself; I chime in on multiple posters. 

I can easily let things go. I actually stopped responding to you for a while because I already knew where we would end up. Lol. 

You may want to take a step off that high horse. 

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Word for word what I been saying although I'm not sure how much cheaper they'll get RT

If both are $30 million, you get RT. If it’s a difference of $5 million, you still get RT. Only way I entertain the idea of TB is if it’s for significantly less. 

2 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Only way I entertain the idea of TB is if it’s for significantly less. 

He's still washed up or close to it

6 hours ago, Ricky said:

But will Tannehill get more from say the Bucs, the chargers, or somebody else?  Can always backfire too. 

This is the only part I think we have to play. Brady won't scare tanny since it is a crazy long shot to work. But how many teams want him? Who else runs a offense like ours. We talk about small sample for us. They have nothing to go on unless they do.

Miami ran like 3 different offenses with him and he was solid. But do you drop that kind of cash on something you are not sure about in your sysyem.

6 minutes ago, Callidus said:

This is the only part I think we have to play. Brady won't scare tanny since it is a crazy long shot to work. But how many teams want him? Who else runs a offense like ours. We talk about small sample for us. They have nothing to go on unless they do.

Miami ran like 3 different offenses with him and he was solid. But do you drop that kind of cash on something you are not sure about in your sysyem.

And if you're Tannehill do you really feel like going somewhere with whole new personel and terminalogy. TB also has no RB, and a lesser OL than ours.  He fits what we want to do and we have the weapons to surround him to make sure he can max his abilities.