10 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Look at it from a statistically point of view then.  Brady regressed badly and is 43 YEARS OLD.  How many qb's come back/get better to an ELITE QB level at that age?  Because he'll have to be greater than Tannehill at THIS POINT IN TIME to be considered an upgrade.

You are aware that head to head, in the playoff game, Brady out performed Tannehill, right?  When have a bust in one city become a superstar in another?  The Titans won because of Derrick Henry.  Without play action, Tannehill is barely able to complete a pass.  And in no way in your mind do you think that Tannehill is elite...???tell me you are joking.  Or you all are so overly emotional motherfuckers around here.

7 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

His arm is more than fine. You can't honestly say you watch the games and say his arm is done. Rivers and Manning's arms deteriorated and it was clear to see. Brady's issues were ball placement at times and he had serious problems against the blitz. In the Titans game alone he threw an absolute dart to Edelman and threw the ball atleast 60 yards at the end of the first half. He didn't look like the same QB by any means but it had 0 to do with his arm

Ball placement accuracy is what made Brady so special.....Add that the Titans are not a good pass protection OL.  Hard to see the fit schematically. 

1 minute ago, Righteous said:

You are aware that head to head, in the playoff game, Brady out performed Tannehill, right?  When have a bust in one city become a superstar in another?  The Titans won because of Derrick Henry.  Without play action, Tannehill is barely able to complete a pass.  And in no way in your mind do you think that Tannehill is elite...???tell me you are joking.  Or you all are so overly emotional motherfuckers around here.

One game.  Look at the entire year.  This is like arguing with Mariota supporters again. 

Just now, BudAdams said:

Ball placement accuracy is what made Brady so special.....Add that the Titans are not a good pass protection OL.  Hard to see the fit schematically. 

Agreed. Although I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him bounce back to a degree wherever he goes. I still thought he threw well outside the numbers and he's still got one of the best deep balls in the game. I just don't want the Titans to be the ones to take that risk

Just now, rns90 said:

One game.  Look at the entire year.  This is like arguing with Mariota supporters again. 

Not to mention Tannehill made multiple high pressure throws at critical points in the game. Brady was not better by any stretch. 

Just now, rns90 said:

No this is like arguing with an emotional Titans fan.  One year?  Why not compare the last 7 years?  Only in your mind and a few others on this Board is Tannehill better than Brady.  Tannehill had a good season.  

Just now, IrishTitansFan said:

Agreed. Although I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him bounce back to a degree wherever he goes. I still thought he threw well outside the numbers and he's still got one of the best deep balls in the game. I just don't want the Titans to be the ones to take that risk

There's the element of the cost too.  What's the cost of a deal with Tannehill versus with Brady.  From all accounts, Brady is looking for a big payday, not a below market deal himself. 

Hard to imagine a team afraid to take a risk by having an opening QB competition with Mariota and Tannehill turning around and letting Tannehill walk after leading the league in passer rating and YPA to bring in 43 year old Brady for the same money after his worst year since his 1st year starting.

Just now, oldschool said:

Not to mention Tannehill made multiple high pressure throws at critical points in the game. Brady was not better by any stretch. 

Brady was pretty bad after the Titans adjusted and took away the passes to the RB.

And anyway they aren't going to give Tannehill a long term deal anyway, unless one considers 3 years longterm.

Just now, Righteous said:

No this is like arguing with an emotional Titans fan.  One year?  Why not compare the last 7 years?  Only in your mind and a few others on this Board is Tannehill better than Brady.  Tannehill had a good season.  

Brady will be 43 in August.  Tannehill is 32 and in a QB's prime.  That's a huge consideration.  You are buying 2020 Brady, not 2012-2018 Brady.  That's a big difference.

6 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I agree in part.

Brady is/was also special b/c he could read defenses and he made sure his guys hit their spots. A huge part of playing QB in the NFL is making the right read and trusting your guys to be there. Brady wasn't known for his amazing throws. He was known for being able to drive the field when needed and that included making the easy throws to the RBs a lot when that was the right throw.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

Brady was pretty bad after the Titans adjusted and took away the passes to the RB.

And anyway they aren't going to give Tannehill a long term deal anyway, unless one considers 3 years longterm.

Exactly what was Tannehill good at in that game?  I know, handing the ball off to Henry.

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Only b/c he already didn't have the other options. People don't seem to understand why Brady hits the RB so much.

Edited by reo

Just now, Righteous said:

Exactly what was Tannehill good at in that game?  I know, handing the ball off to Henry.

He converted a few key third downs.  The throw to Firsker, got one via run and there was one a little checkdown to Lewis.  Those were all in the 2nd half that allowed them to bleed clock.

The Tannehill is elite talk is still silly even if he’s the best option. 

I have trouble calling someone elite when he hasn’t shown the ability to carry the offense with his arm. 

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Brady will be 43 in August.  Tannehill is 32 and in a QB's prime.  That's a huge consideration.  You are buying 2020 Brady, not 2012-2018 Brady.  That's a big difference.

I am buying that a good Tom Brady is better than the best Tannehill.  With Henry running the ball, it will take a lot of pressure off of him and he will thrive with Davis, Humphries, Brown and Smith.  What you fail to grasp is you may be buying Tannehill 2013-2018, his primer years.