Brady to Titans Rumors

Mercalius

57 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

If the lowest carries he got in a game all season (15) got extrapolated out, it would still be more carries than Jonathon Taylor who got the 3rd most carries in the NFL.

As long as Henry is on our team, our offense will force the ground and pound whether it's working or not

What about total touches for backs?

Edit: if he had 15 carries a game that would put him 12th in carries per game... Where did you get your stats? If you just want to go by players with 240 carries he would be tied for 5th that way and every guy has 35-60 catches to his 19 in that group.

Edited by Callidus

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Callidus said:

What about total touches for backs?

Edit: if he had 15 carries a game that would put him 12th in carries per game... Where did you get your stats? If you just want to go by players with 240 carries he would be tied for 5th that way and every guy has 35-60 catches to his 19 in that group.

The stats are obviously a bit skewed since so few teams truly have workhorse backs. But keep in mind that we are talking about Henry's least involved game is still the 12th most in the entire NFL on a per game basis. Of course our game plan is going to be run it down their throat no matter what and just run it till it pops, because for better or worse it didn't bite us in the ass for most of the season.

The total touches mean nothing to me because that's in the passing game, which my whole rambling point is that we didn't utilize it enough

Edited by wiscotitansfan

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

Righteous, was this the thread that you predicted that Winston/Bridgewater would get bigger contracts than Tannehill?  Or was that another thread?

There is no thread.  What I said was both could produce the same as Tannehill with this offense.  I still believe that to be the case.

11 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

The stats are obviously a bit skewed since so few teams truly have workhorse backs. But keep in mind that we are talking about Henry's least involved game is still the 12th most in the entire NFL on a per game basis. Of course our game plan is going to be run it down their throat no matter what and just run it till it pops, because for better or worse it didn't bite us in the ass for most of the season.

The total touches mean nothing to me because that's in the passing game, which my whole rambling point is that we didn't utilize it enough

I get that I am fine with keeping his carries in check but 15 seems nuts. 20 is fine. And I am ok with passing it a bit more as well. Maybe it was the way you said it that had me going Wtf is this? 

4 minutes ago, Righteous said:

There is no thread.  What I said was both could produce the same as Tannehill with this offense.  I still believe that to be the case.

Uh....no.  You clearly said that both would get more interest in the market than Tannehill would.  And when it was proven wrong you owned it.  Which is fine.  But you're way off base on Tannehill, both in how good he is and how the team views him.  Otherwise they wouldn't be paying him what they are.

Edited by scine09

12 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Uh....no.  You clearly said that both would get more interest in the market than Tannehill would.  And when it was proven wrong you owned it.  Which is fine.  But you're way off base on Tannehill, both in how good he is and how the team views him.  Otherwise they wouldn't be paying him what they are.

Exactly how much is Wentz making?  Jimmy G?  Kirk Cousins.  Jacoby Brissett?  Bad contracts are given out daily in the NFL.  That's not a barometer of being good.

Edited by Righteous

2 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Exactly how much is Wentz making?  Jimmy G?  Kirk Cousins.  Jacoby Brissett?  Bad contracts are given out daily in the NFL.  That's not a barometer of being good.

Ryan Tannehill was in the top 5-10 of literally every relevant QB metric.  

Try again.

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Ryan Tannehill was in the top 5-10 of literally every relevant QB metric.  

Try again.

Geez...I've heard the same thing from you about Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins, etc.  He is what he is.  And I am not saying he is trash but he will never win a SB.  Now, it seems like a lot of fans on this Board are ok with just making the playoffs and winning a division here or there.  I am not.  I want dominance.  Tannehill is not a top 5 -10 QB, no matter what the numbers say.  You know it and I know it.  Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones...he is in that range.  

11 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Geez...I've heard the same thing from you about Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins, etc.  He is what he is.  And I am not saying he is trash but he will never win a SB.  Now, it seems like a lot of fans on this Board are ok with just making the playoffs and winning a division here or there.  I am not.  I want dominance.  Tannehill is not a top 5 -10 QB, no matter what the numbers say.  You know it and I know it.  Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, Daniel Jones...he is in that range.  

You're not gonna find an upgrade to Tannehill

40 minutes ago, Righteous said:

From me?  I’ve never defended Kirk Cousins.  You’re thinking of someone else.

Tannehill is absolutely a top 10 QB.  By every metric.

And Daniel Jones?  WTF.

Edited by scine09

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

From me?  I’ve never defended Kirk Cousins.  You’re thinking is someone else.

Tannehill is absolutely a top 10 QB.  By every metric.

And Daniel Jones?  WTF.

Dude literally doesn't like Tannehill because he's white. I've seen his dumb arguments before. He won't admit it though

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Dude literally doesn't like Tannehill because he's white. I've seen his dumb arguments before. He won't admit it though

That's the dumbest shit I have ever heard!  So I don't like Taylor Lewan?  Ben Jones?  Mike Vrabel?  Arthur Jones?  Dean Pees?  Frank Wyckeck?  Ray Childress?  Bruce Matthews?  Stop being silly?  I guess Miami traded him for a 4th because he was White.  Maybe he was left off the Pro Bowl team because he was White.  Ask any non homer if they think Tannehill is a top 10 QB and see what response you will get.  You are utterly ridiculous!!

Edited by Righteous

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

The fact that he'd take Teddy Bridgewater and Jameis Winston over him does lend credence to that.

7 hours ago, Righteous said:

Tannehill is a top 5 QB by the metrics AND watching him play. The numbers back up what you SHOULD see with your eyes. But, I guess if you have a preference to skin color (which you’ve shown has been the case before), I could see where you’d be upset. 

But the more accurate level for Tannehill is in the range of 5-10. But he is capable of top 5 QB play.