Mercalius

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Draft the next Josh Allen.  Smart .

He could be that.  Or he could be like Patrick Mahomes.  Obviously not as good but the same type of player.  I think that’s why people are excited about him.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

He could be that.  Or he could be like Patrick Mahomes.  Obviously not as good but the same type of player.  I think that’s why people are excited about him.

It's kind of a moot point since they don't really have the ammo to move up anyway.  

33 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The truth is there isn’t much of a market, at least not with teams Brady really wants to or would play for. You, me, the Patriots and the lampost know Brady is not playing for Raiders or Bucs. He might, at the very end, play for the Chargers but they might go another direction before that. The Giants and Colts are out. League sources expect the Titans to lock in Ryan Tannehill at some point at a cheaper rate thanks to the Brady leverage, although that could change.

Smart.

9 minutes ago, rns90 said:

It's kind of a moot point since they don't really have the ammo to move up anyway.  

Nor should they.  Tannehill has proven more than capable and if things don't work out with him or if they go to Brady and things don't work out there's always next year.

The Titans should be in win-now mode, not looking for their QB of the future.

35 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

The truth is there isn’t much of a market, at least not with teams Brady really wants to or would play for. You, me, the Patriots and the lampost know Brady is not playing for Raiders or Bucs. He might, at the very end, play for the Chargers but they might go another direction before that. The Giants and Colts are out. League sources expect the Titans to lock in Ryan Tannehill at some point at a cheaper rate thanks to the Brady leverage, although that could change.

Talk about hedging your bets with that last line "although that could change"

using Brady as leverage is just riduculous.  no agent is falling for that.

If you offer a deal to Tannehill its pretty obvious you either

a.  don't want Brady or

b. not sure you can get Brady.

and if its "b"  and I'm tannehill's agent I'm gonna wait you out.  

Tannehill will have other teams he can go to.

7 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

a.  don't want Brady or

You gotta do something ... using Brady is as good of an option as you're going to get in 2020.

20 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

a.  don't want Brady or

You're using the option of Tom Brady to get Tannehill to sign at a number more to your liking.

Tannehills Agent: We want 30+ million AAV

JROB: We feel 25 Million is closer to our number.  We can always sign Tom Brady for less than 30 million.

At some point, both parties agree to a number between 25 and 30.  Kinda rudimentary explanation but you get the point.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

You're using the option of Tom Brady to get Tannehill to sign at a number more to your liking.

Tannehills Agent: We want 30+ million AAV

JROB: We feel 25 Million is closer to our number.  We can always sign Tom Brady for less than 30 million.

At some point, both parties agree to a number between 25 and 30.  Kinda rudimentary explanation but you get the point.

titans aren't going to offer 25 mill to Tannehill if they want and can just go get Brady.

If they want Tannehill they will negotiate a deal with him.

If they want and can get Brady then go get him.