Brady to Titans Rumors

Mercalius

41 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

It's one thing to know a system. It's another to have chemistry with your players. 

There are pros and cons both ways...I don't really give a shit which way they go...I like tannehill...I just wouldn't have a problem if they rolled the dice on Brady.

I just don't get the idea that Brady would be an automatic disaster.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

Think about what your saying

Wilson is the definition of a franchise QB and has proven he can carry a team.  Nobody cares if he's in his 30s cause they know he's legit.

Tannehill will be 32 next year and if we tag him 33 when we will need to again try to sign him and maybe he proves in a year he's elite..but he still has something to prove.

If he was 27-28...he'd be much more sought after.

So yeah age matters.

You said Tannehill was older - he's not as 32 years old is nothing in terms of QB's.  You also said a 43-year old Brady has a bigger upside than 32-year old Tannehill.  He doesn't.  

13 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

You said Tannehill was older - he's not as 32 years old is nothing in terms of QB's.  You also said a 43-year old Brady has a bigger upside than 32-year old Tannehill.  He doesn't.  

Being 32 doesn't matter if you have proven yourself.. tannehill is 32 and still has ?s.  Of course you can play QB at 32.

It's plain as day that he was not a hot commodity last year...we got him for a song. (Exaggerated but you get my point) Dolphins let him go.

Playing at 32 is fine... signing a guy at that age is a different story... tannehill will not have a leash..he has a bad year and a lot of questions will start to arise...that's my point.

And yeah Brady doesn't have a bigger upside..I meant more he is a bigger risk but your reward ( if it works out) is hopefully a Superbowl.   That's why you sign him.  Tannehill definitely has a better upside with the possibility of extended quality QB play.

Tannehill has a career record of .500 and QB rating of 90 as a starter with a 100 game sample size while with a bad franchise 90% of that time.  His W/L record is 21-11 if you look at his past 32 games, a two season sample size.   You are exaggerating any concerns that may come with signing him.  

Edited by abc2330

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Rapoport saying that we are trying to get a deal done with Tannehill before the Franchise window closes on 3/12. 
If we can do that we could transition Henry and franchise Conklin IF we can keep both tags. If not then I imagine they will franchise Conklin and then try and get a deal done with Henry.

This is exactly what I said I’d do

Floyd Reese is on the radio having to answer questions about signing Brady.  He/they explained that the Titans receivers aren't exactly what Brady is used to having.  They went on to explain Tom's lack of mobility means you can't run the same offense with Brady.  If line can't protect him, then have the TE and RB giving help.  That leaves you with three receivers going out.  The Titans were built for Mariota.  Totally different style QB.  

Then somebody called and suggested giving Tom a two year deal, then moving up in the draft to get a QB to study under Tom.  

Next one, just let Tom call the offense.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Floyd Reese is on the radio having to answer questions about signing Brady.  He/they explained that the Titans receivers aren't exactly what Brady is used to having.  They went on to explain Tom's lack of mobility means you can't run the same offense with Brady.  If line can't protect him, then have the TE and RB giving help.  That leaves you with three receivers going out.  The Titans were built for Mariota.  Totally different style QB.  

Then somebody called and suggested giving Tom a two year deal, then moving up in the draft to get a QB to study under Tom.  

Next one, just let Tom call the offense.

With Brady, you'd have to change the offense. You're not going to call plays to get him out of the pocket. Tannehill has a stronger arm. I can't see Brady taking all those deep shots. That's never been his game.

It's really in the best interest of the Titans and Tannehill that they come to an agreement.

1 minute ago, socaltitan said:

With Brady, you'd have to change the offense. You're not going to call plays to get him out of the pocket. Tannehill has a stronger arm. I can't see Brady taking all those deep shots. That's never been his game.

It's really in the best interest of the Titans and Tannehill that they come to an agreement.

I really thought it was a joke when this talk started.  I think Peyton being that one guy who was old and came back to win a SB.  But Peyton's situation isn't actually similar.  Peyton still had a little bit left and got in the perfect spot.  He wasn't done like all these great QBs are when they leave their team for age.  

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I really thought it was a joke when this talk started.  I think Peyton being that one guy who was old and came back to win a SB.  But Peyton's situation isn't actually similar.  Peyton still had a little bit left and got in the perfect spot.  He wasn't done like all these great QBs are when they leave their team for age.  

Peyton was 35, 36 at the time though. Before he got injured, he was still in his prime. The question was more about his health and if/how it would affect his play. But he was still playing great. Brady is 43 and showing signs of decline.

Edited by socaltitan

41 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Got my bet in that Brady was staying, a couple hours before Rapoport released his news.  Just checked the site and the Titans have already fell down from 2nd spot to 4th.  Odds on Brady staying went up, from -300 to -400. :wink:

2020-02-26_2053.png.7a951369914e5bd5cf9a9a1420a598fd.png

Haha....this is the cockiest I've ever seen anyone who may win a 15 dollar payout.....nice!