Mercalius

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

I guess it could mean nothing, but all this recent news has me worried. 

I just have a bad feeling about this as well.  The fact that they bungled the QB spot last year as well doesn’t inspire confidence either.

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Part of me hopes that Brady comes here and balls out while Tannehill goes elsewhere and shits the bed. Oman would never live it down

Well Touched The Tard, I bet OMan has never posted a no shirt I would take the cock if someone would give it to me pic of himself online before.  He’s got that going for him.

Tannehill likely gets the shaft here, but may end up with a bigger pay day.  He always proves 'em wrong and then 100 more knives come at him.  That said this is probly the right choice as Henry should continue his success with the way the OL is gelling and with any upgrades this off-season.  They should be able to get by with a geriatric Brady who's had deep ball accuracy issues for a couple seasons now.  It is tough to bet against a motivated Tom Brady though, and he'll have that fire for at least his debut season with a new team.

Was hoping to watch Ryan continue his rocket comeback with Tennessee this year. Sure is looking like there's something not right between him, jrob and Vrabel.  Maybe there's more to the story for them shutting him down in the playoffs other than just Henry's success. Especially telling in the AFCCG.  They should have unleashed the aerial assault yet they choose to stick with the same game plan as it slowly faultered.

Whether the Titans want him or not they are going to have stiff competition from at least 5 teams that I can think of off the top of my head.  And even in the unlikely event that Brady has given them some sort of verbal agreement, he’s already said he’s going to take meetings.  So there are chances that some teams wows him, he goes there and the Titans are left with a pissed off Tannehill who won’t take a discount and maybe doesn’t want to return and not much else.

16 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not really sure what your argument even is at this point. Brady will cost at least similar money over a shorter term as Tannehill. By every statistic Tanne was a much better QB last year and is 12 years younger. He also fits the concept of the offense like a glove. If Tanne hadn’t been lights out over the stretch then I would have no problem with Brady, but he did, and he’s the better QB heading into 2020.

Only because you don't want to get the point.  But the point can't really be any simpler.  A declining Brady is still infinitely better than Tannehill.  But we've seen this before with QB's with a small sample size.  I can name several, Kevin Kolb, Brock Osweiller, Matt Cassell, Matt Schaub, etc.  None of them actually panned out.  But Tannehill is not exactly like these guys with a small sample size.  There is 7 years of tape on his mediocrity.  10 good games does not make him a great QB.  He can be compared most immediately to  Nick Foles.  I great stretch of games does not make you a great QB.  It's simple.  But I've also seen these stupid ass opinions before too.  I remember the WTF Dragon Titans fans saying they preferred Jack Locker over Peyton Manning.  And the rationalization was the same.  He was younger and he had upside.  I've become use to our idiot fans over time.  

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Part of me hopes that Brady comes here and balls out while Tannehill goes elsewhere and shits the bed. Oman would never live it down

People have been hoping for something like this for years, you’ll be disappointed like so many before you!

Those comments mean nothing, in fact it’s likely good news.

Robinson is likely downplaying Tanny as they work on a deal. 

Meanehile I’d guess Henry is getting tagged and Robinson is probably trying to keep Henry as happy as he can about it. 

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

The only thing to top that would also be for Mariota to go elsewhere and also ball out. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.

If all that were to happen I have to wonder what the over/under would be on a CTF-style abandon ship event.

@OILERMAN, what do you think? If Brady came here n balled out, Mariota went wherever tf n balled out, and Tannehill went elsewhere and fell off a cliff... would you still hang around to tell everyone how right you were?

Edited by NashvilleNinja