Brady to Titans Rumors

Mercalius

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

Wrong.  It worked out despite their horrid decision making and just because the media isn’t calling them out isn’t validation.  It’s because the media largely sucks.  

Even then, the path of going through the playoffs completely on the road was a result of it…Vrabel talked about the toll of playing on the road and I laughed because it was self imposed.

As for Robinson toying with Tanneyhill using Brady as the leverage, agents aren’t gonna fall for that. The idea that Tannehill is going to panic and sign a lowball deal because of some false rumor.  Really?  

The bottom line is that this is a whole new phase of Robinson’s career. His decisions can either make or break what happens in the next few seasons. The expectations are going to be much higher than they have been.  9-7 and making the playoffs every other year isn’t good enough   

Sorry Bud. I guess if they do sign Brady you’ll have a new in for ripping Robinson. But until then just take the L. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, japan said:

Sorry Bud. I guess if they do sign Brady you’ll have a new in for ripping Robinson. But until then just take the L. 

Wrong.  Criticizing his decision isn’t ripping him.  The fact that the team he built was pretty damn good but was held back by Mariota was dumb in August and it’s still dumb.   

if they sign Brady, they better be right

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Wrong.  Criticizing his decision isn’t ripping him.  The fact that the team he built was pretty damn good but was held back by Mariota was dumb in August and it’s still dumb.   

if they sign Brady, they better be right

You do realize that you are saying that the staff was dumb for starting the season by starting the face of the franchise who making $25 million at quarterback instead of starting a guy who was just shipped out of the worst team in the league who we were paying $1.5 million. 

Yes, I understand there was a talent disparity, but that just isn't a decision you can realistically make in the NFL environment. Multiple people are on the hot seat and/or are fired if for some reason Tannehill plays average to bad which he showed earlier in his career that he was more than capable of doing. 

24 minutes ago, flaming_thumbtack said:

You do realize that you are saying that the staff was dumb for starting the season by starting the face of the franchise who making $25 million at quarterback instead of starting a guy who was just shipped out of the worst team in the league who we were paying $1.5 million. 

Yes, I understand there was a talent disparity, but that just isn't a decision you can realistically make in the NFL environment. Multiple people are on the hot seat and/or are fired if for some reason Tannehill plays average to bad which he showed earlier in his career that he was more than capable of doing. 

Yes. I said it in August too.  Tannehill was better abd the decision to not have an open competition its them 2 or 3 games.  Games that certainly would’ve given them the division title and possibly even the second seed.  

1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

Yea, for the 5 millionth time they should have had an open competition and crowned Tannehill as the starting QB before the season started.

We get it.  Jeremy Sisto Fbi GIF by CBS

Yet morons like @Japan keep on insisting they were 100% right in not doing so.  I'll never agree to that.

12 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

They think Mariota was the best option or the way they went about it made sense?

Keep in mind we had a QB who was being paid $20 mil on the 5th year option and nobody saw Tannehill doing this well.

The management team basically decided to give Mariota a shot when they agreed to the 5th year option.

This isn't that hard.....  for most.

It's NOT hard to admit they made a mistake.  They clearly did.  The first six games and the final 13 speak for themselves on how bad a decision it was.  The fact that it didn't cost them the playoffs isn't validation for what they did for anyone with a brain.

It was ridiculous not to have an open competition considering how bad Mariota had played in 2017 and 2018.  Tannehill looked better and was far more productive in preseason - we all talked about it.  The team did the safe thing and played the guy making 10 times as much and almost missed the playoffs because of it.  Genius!

17 minutes ago, cenj said:

I really don't care to have Brady. Not only do I think it would be an asinine decision, I don't want our first ever Superbowl to be another Patriot superbowl, which is what it will feel like. 

If the Brady scenario somehow happens, I'll root for him to break all kinds of records and win that SB.  Unfortunately, I've yet to see these types of things pan out like that.  It's usually a thud ending like Unitas, Namath, Montana, Manning where they clearly show they stayed too long.

9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

If the Brady scenario somehow happens, I'll root for him to break all kinds of records and win that SB.  Unfortunately, I've yet to see these types of things pan out like that.  It's usually a thud ending like Unitas, Namath, Montana, Manning where they clearly show they stayed too long.

Well Peyton Manning got a ring with the Broncos so it worked out for him and Denver. It never works longterm that's for sure. I think of this happening and getting a ring this way kind of feels cheap for some reason.

Edited by big2033

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Yes. I said it in August too.  Tannehill was better abd the decision to not have an open competition its them 2 or 3 games.  Games that certainly would’ve given them the division title and possibly even the second seed.  

I guess it’s progress that Bud is now saying 2 or 3 games would have been acceptable instead on none!

34 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Yet morons like @Japan keep on insisting they were 100% right in not doing so.  I'll never agree to that.

Ha ha. It just not how NFL teams operate. The fact that they made the switch after 6 games is being heralded in the press. You know this Bud but just love ripping Robinson. Remember how Robinson wasn’t good at drafting?

1 minute ago, japan said:

I guess it’s progress that Bud is now saying 2 or 3 games would have been acceptable instead on none!

No - it cost them 2 or 3 games.....  The audio to text feature didn't translate part of that.  The decision not to have an open competition cost them the division title.  That's not debatable.

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Well Peyton Manning got a ring with the Broncos so it worked out for him and Denver.

One could argue that but the point is that he sucked in that season and he was 39 at the time. 

The bar for the Titans is to go win a championship.  That's it so anything less is a failure to some degree regardless of who the QB is.   Make no mistake though that with Brady, it's clearly SB win or failure and if that failure is due to Father Time, the team will rightfully look idiotic while BB will look like the genius for knowing when to let TB12 walk.

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Ha ha. It just not how NFL teams operate. The fact that they made the switch after 6 games is being heralded in the press. You know this Bud but just love ripping Robinson. Remember how Robinson wasn’t good at drafting?

This is where you go off the rails.  The press heralding the decision when plenty on here knew it was dumb and discussed it in August.  This "great team" almost missed the playoffs because of it.  Robinson deserves criticism for it, even though "it worked out".  I also felt he neglected the contingency for Mariota far too long given the flaws in MM's game and the very real fact that he can't stay healthy.

I never said he was bad at drafting but I did say he's had some significant misses.  Neither Davis nor Jackson have been worthy of their picks.  Dodd....Having to sign Saffold to a huge deal because he couldn't draft a suitable LG.   How's that backup RB looking? 

JRob has done a good job overall and I've said that.  Of course, it was pretty easy to do given the cap space, draft picks, and lousy roster he inherited.  Now is where he'll truly earn his stripes as a good GM with all of the critical decisions he needs to make to turn 9-7 into something actually meaningful.

2 hours ago, Big2033MariotaLover said:

Maybe Tennessee will let Tannehill go and you can jump ships to another team.  Your Miami prince awaits.

I would absolutely root for Tannehill where ever he ends up. He got totally shafted in Miami and despite that remained a class act to the end of his time in Miami and after. 

I also got a huge kick out of shoving his success in the face of a whole bunch of clowns on Dolphins message boards that sound a whole lot like you.