Mercalius

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, reo said:

I think that's about where looking at historical precedent starts to break down and you need to look at the specifics of the teams/players involved.

You could also ask how many superbowls in the last 20 years haven't involved Tom Brady? The answer doesn't really mean anything for the future either.

Maybe for the "who has done it on two teams" question but the 1st season one makes more sense to look at historical records IMO because it speaks to how hard it may be to get into a SB winning gel as a team with a new QB in year 1.

And to me you've got to be expecting stuff to happen year 1 to get Brady now.

16 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Maybe for the "who has done it on two teams" question but the 1st season one makes more sense to look at historical records IMO because it speaks to how hard it may be to get into a SB winning gel as a team with a new QB in year 1.

And to me you've got to be expecting stuff to happen year 1 to get Brady now.

I would say a better question would be how often a QB goes to a new team and has success that first year. I don't think narrowing it to just winning the SB or not really matters since so few teams get there. 

Favre for example had success in MN pretty quickly but they didn't win it all. I'd still say that season was a success. Just a quick example without looking into it at all. Manning would be another good example even if he fell off after that.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, Mercalius said:

I didn’t watch many Pats games this year but the ones I saw he looked off most of the time.  Didn’t he start the season ok then fade pretty badly past the midpoint of the season?

Make no mistake, Brady is done. He may sign with someone else for a year or two but he won’t have the Pats defense to hide behind. He also did not have the quality help at WR and TE that he enjoyed most of his career in Boston and that that showed up big time this year. These guys just can’t give it up. Adrenaline junkies.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

Make no mistake, Brady is done. He may sign with someone else for a year or two but he won’t have the Pats defense to hide behind. He also did not have the quality help at WR and TE that he enjoyed most of his career in Boston and that that showed up big time this year. These guys just can’t give it up. Adrenaline junkies.

This

4 hours ago, reo said:

I would say a better question would be how often a QB goes to a new team and has success that first year. I don't think narrowing it to just winning the SB or not really matters since so few teams get there. 

Favre for example had success in MN pretty quickly but they didn't win it all. I'd still say that season was a success. Just a quick example without looking into it at all. Manning would be another good example even if he fell off after that.

Sure he could have success.  But such a short term rental surely means its SB or bust otherwise I'm not sure why you'd bother.

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

If he signs with a team that has legit weapons like the chargers or Bucs people will be falling all over themselves to take back a lot of what they said. Brady is past his prime but he's not done. If he stays in NE he'll look done though. The offensive cupboard is bare up here.

If I was him I’d be looking at who has the best Oline.

Honestly, Indy makes a ton of sense for a lot of reasons.  The most cap space in the NFL so they can significantly front load any deal.  Plus Indy can win now with a better QB (and kicker because AV is done), the offensive line is excellent and the scheme is not terribly different that what NE does, defense is good, it's in a DOME, etc.

I could see the Chargers too - LA and one year removed from 12 wins.  Obviously the Titans if they don't retain Tannehill although I do think the fit scheme wise would be more challenging.