Brady to Titans Rumors

Mercalius

Manning was done. Everyone knew it. Coming off a major injury. Brady is healthy, his arm is still good and losing in the wildcard game probably was a blessing in disguise because he’ll have a lot more time off than say has his team further advanced. We would be fools not to at least have him in for a Visit at least. 

Edited by Stan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they let Tannehill go and sign washed up Brady we're total retards    

I’m so tired of these Monday Morning QB takes after every playoff game. Whoever wins, we should’ve gotten them, or they’re way better, or they don’t choke like our guy.    What happened to the

They may call it free agency season but let’s be honest on this board it’s @AussieTitanFan08 season.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Manning was done. Everyone knew it. Coming off a major injury. Brady is healthy, his arm is still good and losing in the wildcard game probably was a blessing in disguise because he’ll have a lot more time off than say has his team further advanced. We would be fools not to at least have him in for a Visit at least. 

Hey Touched The Tard, seems like this moron has trouble with numbers wouldn’t you say?

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lol do you even watch football outside of the Titans? 

Tom Brady  2016 - 2019

passer rating

2016 -  112.2

2017 -   102.8

2018 -   97.7

2019 -   88.0

Yds/game

2016 -  296

2017 -   286

2018 -  272

2019 - 253

Yds/attempt

2016 -  8.2

2017 -   7.9

2018 -   7.6

2019 -  6.6

TD % 

2016 -  6.5% 

2017 -   5.5%

2018 -  5.1%

2019 -    3.9%

Completion %

2016 -   67%

2017 -   66%

2018 -   65%

2019 -   60%

games with 100+  passer rating

2016 - 8/12  (67%)

2017 - 8 / 16  (50%)

2018  - 9 / 16  (56%)

2019 -  5 / 16  (31%)

In fairness, Brady still has low INT% and is still very good at avoiding mistakes.  But his ceiling has been slowly but steadily declining over the past 3+ years, with this past year being his biggest dropoff yet.   And at 43 years old,  I'd say his chances of falling off a cliff are better than his chances of bouncing back strong.

2 minutes ago, nine said:

Tom Brady  2016 - 2019

passer rating

2016 -  112.2

2017 -   102.8

2018 -   97.7

2019 -   88.0

Yds/game

2016 -  296

2017 -   286

2018 -  272

2019 - 253

Yds/attempt

2016 -  8.2

2017 -   7.9

2018 -   7.6

2019 -  6.6

TD % 

2016 -  6.5% 

2017 -   5.5%

2018 -  5.1%

2019 -    3.9%

Completion %

2016 -   67%

2017 -   66%

2018 -   65%

2019 -   60%

games with 100+  passer rating

2016 - 8/12  (67%)

2017 - 8 / 16  (50%)

2018  - 9 / 16  (56%)

2019 -  5 / 16  (31%)

In fairness, Brady still has low INT% and is still very good at avoiding mistakes.  But his ceiling has been slowly but steadily declining over the past 3+ years, with this past year being his biggest dropoff yet.   And at 43 years old,  I'd say his chances of falling off a cliff are better than his chances of bouncing back strong.

Lower numbers being ahead most of the games, means nothing to me. Their defense was amazing start of the year where they basically cruised through games so those numbers are skewed big time. 

12 hours ago, scine09 said:

As far as Brady being done, I don't buy it.  When I watched the playoff game I saw a frustrated QB who still had plenty of arm to make all the throws.  His timing was off with his receivers, which happens when basically everyone but one person is new and wouldn't start on most teams in the league.  This didn't seem like Peyton Manning in the playoffs in his last season.  If he comes back he's going to be as motivated as he's ever been to produce at a high level.  Whatever the Titans do I will get behind and think that they're doing it for a good reason.  

We saw Brett Favre have arguably his best season as a pro after being discarded from the Jets.  How old was he in that season in Minnesota?  He had to have been in his 40s by then.

Now of course there's risk involved.  There's risk involved in bringing Tannehill back as well.  If you bring in Brady you're getting him for 2-3 years max and then you're going to have to start over at QB.  It would mean that the Titans would have to draft someone relatively early, which takes them away from being able to improve the pedestrian pass rush.  It also means that they really have to win the SB when Brady is with the Titans for it to work.  But the team is in win now mode.  Is Super Bowl ready.  And what if Tannehill's season wasn't fools gold and he really can carry a team by his own?

It's so risky.  But to me there's actually just as much upside as there is downside on such a move.

I get the argument you're making. And I would have to agree the Titans offensive skill players are far better than the Patriots. But the only reason I'd support the Titans going after him instead of Tannehill is if Tannehill wants/is offered an insanely ridiculous amount from some other team that would really hamstring what we do with the rest of the roster, which is something people have to consider, especially give that Henry was such a vital cog to how we ran the offense.

If it came down to Tannehill and some other unknown RB or Brady and Henry, which combo would you choose? I know Brady wants to be paid too, but no one is going to pay a 42 year old QB Patrick Mahomes money like that, except for maybe the Chargers. I don't know if he'd want to go to the Chargers... and who knows, maybe they'd prefer to go after Tannehill. If the Titans were to wind up a player in Bradystakes I'm sure JRob and Vrabel would have a serious edge over the Chargers to obtain his services even if they offered more. Brady would still get paid and the Titans are just flat out a better team than the Chargers top to bottom.

Honestly, and this is something that intrigues me the most about Brady in a Titan uniform, I feel like Vrabel would be a lot more likely to loosen up that grip on the direction of the offense if he had a QB he trusted the utmost in, something I'm not sure he's had with Tannehill, whether that's a good thing or not. If Brady wanted something on offense Vrabel would no doubt gtfo of the way and let him have it. Maybe instead of running three straight times into a man mountain against the Chiefs we instead take advantage of some open play action a little more. If you're someone who has doubts about Vrabel sticking his nose in on the offense that has to make you at least somewhat intrigued about the idea of us signing Brady.

I'm sure Tannehill would be perfectly fine with signing here, but he's not going to stay here at a discount. No way he turns down a bank vault of money if some other team offers it to him. And he might get offered quite a bit more elsewhere.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Whenever a QB sucks or is washed up the receivers get blamed, it’s like clockwork 

You've said that you think Davis is a talented receiver, which I agree with. But his production was putrid this year. Not a single 100 yard game all year, only 4 games with more than 3 receptions, and only 3 games in the regular season with over 50 yards.

There are a number of people who think the dude's a bust/bum. With numbers like that what's the argument otherwise? (Bongo can go fuck a cactus... he doesn't count)

It doesn't make sense to sign a 43 year old quarterback when one of the real alternatives has already proven to do well. I think Brady declined a lot last year and it's far more likely that trend continues than the opposite. I'd be open to a one year deal and then we could splurge on defense/Henry and try to do a Bronocs 2016 run. However I'm not even sure Brady fits well with the offensive personnel to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I have no reason to believe we’re not signing Tannehill yet. 

Ian Rapoport is the most credible person to report on our QB situation and he said we’d either do a multi year deal or franchise him 2 weeks ago. 

I was enjoying learning how Brady would allow Vrabel to relinquish control over the offense that was so awful!  30 PPG, best in the red zone, most efficient passing game,  and top 2 in explosive plays???

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

I was enjoying learning how Brady would allow Vrabel to relinquish control over the offense that was so awful!  30 PPG, best in the red zone, most efficient passing game,  and top 2 in explosive plays???

Who said the offense with Tanny was terrible?

18 hours ago, scine09 said:

There are a handful of teams every year that are capable of winning a championship.  The Titans were definitely capable of winning it all.  They've been capable of winning it all several times since becoming the Titans.  You always need breaks to win it.  If the Chiefs win they got a huge break when Miami beat the Patriots.  Otherwise they may have been on the road in both the divisional round and championship game.  And the 49ers literally stopped Seattle an inch from scoring otherwise they're the #5 seed and on the road for the entire playoffs.

I’m not getting involved with this thread. All I’ll say on this one is we had them 17-3 and eventually got beat by the better team because of some bad play calls and some mistimed penalties. We matched up great with the 9ers and Packers. We had a great shot at a championship and conservative play calling ruined our chances. I’m still pissed about it. Is what it is though.