Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast

NashvilleNinja

7 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

He's supposed to be coming back to the Opry House on April 13th.

https://www.opry.com/show/2020-04-13-bill-burr-at-the-opry-house/

I’m going. I would have him on my stand-up Mount Rushmore with Pryor, Louis CK, and Chappelle. 

I’d probably chip in John Mulaney if I could have five at some point. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares what this guy thinks

He's a comedian and a damn good one. He busts everyone's balls.

Translation: waah they ended the my teams dynasty

14 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Burr's best moment by far. 13 minutes of roasting Philadelphia off the top of his head. The boos turn to laughter and cheers by the end

The lead up to this was that the crowd was terrible and every comedian up until this point was bombing without any chance of landing anything. It was an outside venue for the Virus tour which may tell you something about the crowd and people had been drinking all day. Philly fans were being Philly fans boozed out of their minds at this point.

He gets up there and tries a couple things with predictable results before going off on this now infamous tirade, ultimately winning over a large portion of the crowd.

7 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

The lead up to this was that the crowd was terrible and every comedian up until this point was bombing without any chance of landing anything. It was an outside venue for the Virus tour which may tell you something about the crowd and people had been drinking all day. Philly fans were being Philly fans boozed out of their mind at this point.

He gets up there and tries a couple things with predictable results before going off on this now infamous tirade, ultimately winning over a large portion of the crowd.

Yeah I heard him talking about it. Tracy Morgan even got boo'd off.

The bit about Rocky, a fictional character, being the city hero was gold.

24 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

I’m going. I would have him on my stand-up Mount Rushmore with Pryor, Louis CK, and Chappelle. 

Burr is my favorite comedian. Dude cuts through the bullshit with a chainsaw. And if he happens to nick off an arm or a leg... *switches to Burr's voice* eh, you didn't need it anyway.

I like Bill Burr a lot and he's largely correct in his assessment of the Titans fanbase, however lest he forget the exact same thing could be said about Patriots and their fanbase before they got rolling. Nobody there plays football, there are almost no major college programs and the Patriots nearly moved to St. Louis at one point. All things being equal people there care a lot more about the Red Sox than the Patriots.

1 minute ago, TitansGuru said:

He’s top ten for me. I also can’t help but love Norm MacDonald. Patrice O’Neal and Brian Regan are probably there, too. 

Patrice was amazing.  Never got to see him unfortunately.  I got to catch Louis CK years ago in Nashville when he was really hitting his stride, and it was one of the best sets I’ve ever seen.  Craig Robinson was a surprisingly good show at Zanies too.  It was right when This Is The End was coming out and he did the Panties Off song and killed the place.  

8 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Patrice was amazing.  Never got to see him unfortunately.  I got to catch Louis CK years ago in Nashville when he was really hitting his stride, and it was one of the best sets I’ve ever seen.  Craig Robinson was a surprisingly good show at Zanies too.  It was right when This Is The End was coming out and he did the Panties Off song and killed the place.  

That must have been an experience. Also happy to see Louis out on the road again. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:16 PM, NashvilleNinja said:

And there you have it. I mean... there's plenty of ignorance in that because there are plenty of people here who care about the Titans and just because that's Burr's shtick, but there are some kernels of truth there too. Look at all the Johnny Come Lately microwave popcorn fans popping up in the last couple weeks. How many of them are saying "same ol Titans" today and getting back to their regularly scheduled bullshit? When the Titans started this run they were still sitting on their hands, even after the KC game we won. I have to wonder if people even knew KC was a juggernaut/Super Bowl contending type of team. They were probably too busy getting their hopes up for the fuckin Predators.

I saw some Vols fans on twitter offering up passe, lukewarm attention to the Titans during the Titans and Chiefs game but when the 49ers and Packers game was on they were losing their shit one way or another. Wtf? You're such a big time home town team guy when it comes to the Vols but you give more of a shit about some fucking northern team or some west coast team? Why don't you just jump on the Chiefs bandwagon, you fucking amateur hour sports fans.

And if you're planning on coming in here and posting about how the Titans have sucked for so long and blah blah... fuck off. Chiefs fans haven't seen a Super Bowl in FIFTY years. There have been countless people who were born, lived somewhat full lives, and then died in that span. Did you see that crowd yesterday at Arrowhead? Did you HEAR that crowd? They've been spending money on their team just as much as you and they've endured plenty of shitty years... and Mahomes has only really been there since last year, since he was on the bench his rookie year. Or look at Browns fans. There's no way I can see Nissan stadium not looking like the Liberty Bowl Memorial in Memphis back in 1997 if the Titans had been as bad as the Browns have been for years and years. Hell, it's been kinda sorta looking like that anyway lately.

So yeah... maybe people in Nashville, if they really consider themselves Titans fans, should take what Burr has to say to heart even if there is some ignorance there. Show the fuck up to home games next year for a change and stop giving/selling them to out of town fucks looking for an extra home game. Put your money where you mouth is and Titan the fuck up.

I mean, there is some truth to what he’s saying, but people from the northeast have some fucking nerve to crack jokes at how southerners sound. When I was in New England for the game, I felt like I needed a translator to tell me what the fuck those people were saying. I just wanted one god damn person to pronounce the “R” words that contained Rs. 

14 hours ago, TitansGuru said:

It's getting weird out there in standup land.

Maybe it's partly because I am getting old but, Zanies lineup is full of teenage Youtube guys half of the time. That's the new medium, and I am sure that some of those folks are...fine. Some are utter garbage. Of course Standup clubs have always had weirdo hypnotists and mediums and magicians here and there so maybe I'm just being a cranky pants'd 40 year old. 

But overall there is less of the type of comics I like out. 

Too much woke bullshit, wannabe comedy gate keepers etc. 

Glad I got to hang out with so many of them in their natural habitat a few years back. 

Dan Soder is a goddamned comedic monster that isn't on most folks radar. Reminds me of Louis CK in that, you could get discount tickets to see him at Zanies in 2004, then 5 years later he's selling out theaters. He has an HBO special out now. Yeah, HBO. not Netflix. Remember those? 

Edited by 'Nator

11 hours ago, 'Nator said:

It's getting weird out there in standup land.

Maybe it's partly because I am getting old but, Zanies lineup is full of teenage Youtube guys half of the time. That's the new medium, and I am sure that some of those folks are...fine. Some are utter garbage. Of course Standup clubs have always had weirdo hypnotists and mediums and magicians here and there so maybe I'm just being a cranky pants'd 40 year old. 

But overall there is less of the type of comics I like out. 

Too much woke bullshit, wannabe comedy gate keepers etc. 

Glad I got to hang out with so many of them in their natural habitat a few years back. 

Dan Soder is a goddamned comedic monster that isn't on most folks radar. Reminds me of Louis CK in that, you could get discount tickets to see him at Zanies in 2004, then 5 years later he's selling out theaters. He has an HBO special out now. Yeah, HBO. not Netflix. Remember those? 

Dude, Dan Soder is hilarious. Occasionally I catch a comedian that makes me laugh so much I binge everything I can find from them. Soder is one of those guys,

I go to LA a decent bit and always time it out to where I can catch someone at the Comedy Store. The stand-up scene out there is bonkers, which you obviously know. Just blows me away how you can see several top level comics every week between the various spots.

I sort of hate a lot of the newer comedians. I don't want to say they're hacky...that doesn't quite describe it. They just don't seem like they've found themselves or ever will. It's like comedy karaoke or something. I can't put my finger on it but it's not good to me. It's just not my style and doesn't make me laugh. There are some that surprise me like James Acaster a few months back because he has his own voice.