Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast

NashvilleNinja

"Yeah, I didn't know who to root for. I mean I figure Kansas City's been waiting long enough to... Nashville doesn't care. They still can't believe they're even in the NFL, right? How long you been around, 20 years? Come on, how long you been waitin' Nashville? In your heart of hearts what do you want to really happen? Nashville to win a fuckin Super Bowl or do you want the University of Tennessee, the Volunteers, to once again rise up to their rightful position in the SEC?? You answer that question honestly. We all know what the fuck it is. Ok? That is a college football fuckin state. Ok? You make your own booze, *switches to redneck voice* yew like the local keeid, alright? He ain't that smart, but you put a helmet on him and I tell ya right now he's gonna git yew sum yards. *switches back to Bahston accent* That's what TN is. Alright? Everybody's got a car in a barn that they're gonna turn into a race car. You're not into the NFL. That's yankee shit. So I don't have any sympathy for those fuckin' people.

They're too busy tryin' to write a hit in Nashville. Let's write a fuckin song about, I don't know, some guy who got his fuckin heart broken, comes home to an empty house. You know? And something... his parakeet then fucking slowly dies by the end of the song. That's what they're trying to do. They're trying to write the next hit or something patriotic, "get your guns and shoot a pig on your own property... and ain't no skinny liberal with a hairy pussy gonna tell me difrnt." Right? You put some fuckin harmonies in that, you know, smooth out the melody and you got yourself a hit."

And there you have it. I mean... there's plenty of ignorance in that because there are plenty of people here who care about the Titans and just because that's Burr's shtick, but there are some kernels of truth there too. Look at all the Johnny Come Lately microwave popcorn fans popping up in the last couple weeks. How many of them are saying "same ol Titans" today and getting back to their regularly scheduled bullshit? When the Titans started this run they were still sitting on their hands, even after the KC game we won. I have to wonder if people even knew KC was a juggernaut/Super Bowl contending type of team. They were probably too busy getting their hopes up for the fuckin Predators.

I saw some Vols fans on twitter offering up passe, lukewarm attention to the Titans during the Titans and Chiefs game but when the 49ers and Packers game was on they were losing their shit one way or another. Wtf? You're such a big time home town team guy when it comes to the Vols but you give more of a shit about some fucking northern team or some west coast team? Why don't you just jump on the Chiefs bandwagon, you fucking amateur hour sports fans.

And if you're planning on coming in here and posting about how the Titans have sucked for so long and blah blah... fuck off. Chiefs fans haven't seen a Super Bowl in FIFTY years. There have been countless people who were born, lived somewhat full lives, and then died in that span. Did you see that crowd yesterday at Arrowhead? Did you HEAR that crowd? They've been spending money on their team just as much as you and they've endured plenty of shitty years... and Mahomes has only really been there since last year, since he was on the bench his rookie year. Or look at Browns fans. There's no way I can see Nissan stadium not looking like the Liberty Bowl Memorial in Memphis back in 1997 if the Titans had been as bad as the Browns have been for years and years. Hell, it's been kinda sorta looking like that anyway lately.

So yeah... maybe people in Nashville, if they really consider themselves Titans fans, should take what Burr has to say to heart even if there is some ignorance there. Show the fuck up to home games next year for a change and stop giving/selling them to out of town fucks looking for an extra home game. Put your money where you mouth is and Titan the fuck up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who cares what this guy thinks

He's a comedian and a damn good one. He busts everyone's balls.

Translation: waah they ended the my teams dynasty

5 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Translation: waah they ended the my teams dynasty

He tweeted this after the Baltimore game.

I'm sure there's some sour grapes from us ending the Patriots, but he wouldn't have had a problem with the Titans winning. Mostly because he's a Vrabel guy, for obvious reasons, but that's more cheering for the Titans than many Titans fans have shown at times this year.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

2 minutes ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Who is Bill Burr?

a comedian that used to be pretty funny but has “evolved” his act over the last half decade to mostly make southern stereotype jokes that were barely funny in the 80s.  

His rant against Philadelphia is an all time classic though.  

5 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

a comedian that used to be pretty funny but has “evolved” his act over the last half decade to mostly make southern stereotype jokes that were barely funny in the 80s.  

His rant against Philadelphia is an all time classic though.  

Interesting - thanks. I was attempting to make the connection between him and the team (and why his opinion would be worth lol). I’ll check out the Philly piece

11 minutes ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Interesting - thanks. I was attempting to make the connection between him and the team (and why his opinion would be worth lol). I’ll check out the Philly piece

His particular opinion? No. But the perception that Nashville/Tennessee doesn't really give that much of a shit about the Titans? That's from some Boston guy. And if it's some Boston guy who sees that, something that's been a topic of discussion in Titans fan circles for a while now, then you know it's gotten to be a bit of a nationally known thing.

Maybe others don't care, but it's embarrassing and disappointing to see the stadium half empty during a playoff run. Maybe things will change next year, but I'm doubtful.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

11 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

His particular opinion? No. But the perception that Nashville/Tennessee doesn't really give that much of a shit about the Titans? That's from some Boston guy. And if it's some Boston guy who sees that, something that's been a topic of discussion in Titans fan circles for a while now, then you know it's gotten to be a bit of a nationally known thing.

Maybe others don't care, but it's embarrassing and disappointing to see the stadium half empty during a playoff run. Maybe things will change next year, but I'm doubtful.

I’d say it’s a combination of things

1. Attendance is down league wide

2. I’d say there’s less than more teams league wide that pack their stadiums each home game with the majority of their own teams (think Pitt, New England, Buffalo, etc) 

3. Nashville is an awesome destination for visiting team fans

No doubt that I’d love to see our house packed each and every week with the majority being our own fans (which hopefully a consistent, winning product will help move us toward) but we’d be naive to see the game attendance landscape ever evolving.