The right thing to do is not pay Henry

OILERMAN

If you lose Henry, you dont make the playoffs next year. Simple as that. I understand your point, but it really is that way. You can't let the leader of this team walk in his prime after carrying us to the AFC Championship game. With that said, the likelihood of his body breaking down is high. Especially if we continue to pound him into the ground. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually shocked Tannehill didn't audible on that play.

I've already said I'd pay Henry at this point and I'm not going to bash Robinson when he does. He's turned into a beast, he's the best runner in the league etc......   But honestly, we all k

I’d agree if Tannehill could excel on his own consistently, outside of a dominant run game. But he can’t, so imo they’re a package deal.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Why does this franchise ALWAYS have to be a run first team.  WHY?

That’s how you win games, esp in January, without an elite QB. 

Ask SF. Even Green Bay is a run first team under LaFleur. 

I think the team will find the money for both. I start by signing Tannehill and making that the priority--and tagging Henry still seems smart. The thing is, because of what we know about RBs, we can't be satisfied with just signing Henry. We need to get rid of Lews and go out and get Travis Etienne in the draft or another guy who can be explosive and play the pass catching and blocking role as well as potentially be a complete back. 

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

There were times yesterday when I was like stop running the damn ball!  I understand doing it at times but they go overboard.

Run the damn ball.

They appeared locked in by the game plan rather than taking what the defense was giving them.

I absolutely love Henry, but I think he's holding us back.  We are a very predictable offense when he's on the field, and he offers very little in the passing game other than the occasional screen.  I would like to see him stick around a few more years, but I'm not signing him to an Elliott type contract.  I would really like to see us transition the running back position to the modern NFL.

6 minutes ago, Bink said:

I think the team will find the money for both. I start by signing Tannehill and making that the priority--and tagging Henry still seems smart. The thing is, because of what we know about RBs, we can't be satisfied with just signing Henry. We need to get rid of Lews and go out and get Travis Etienne in the draft or another guy who can be explosive and play the pass catching and blocking role as well as potentially be a complete back. 

Henry likely holds out if he gets slapped with the franchise tag and who here would be blame him? This will likely be is last big contract. Also Etienne is not coming out this year. I think he would have been perfect compliment.

51 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I've already said I'd pay Henry at this point and I'm not going to bash Robinson when he does. He's turned into a beast, he's the best runner in the league etc......

But honestly, we all know if Robinson was going to do the correct thing here it would be to not pay Henry. 

We've seen this a million times.

It will most likely be a poor move. 

I’d agree with your for sure if RT was a tier one franchise QB. He’s tier two so we are going to need all the help we can get if we think we are going to beat the Chiefs or whomever in the future. 

16 minutes ago, ctm said:

Run the damn ball.

They appeared locked in by the game plan rather than taking what the defense was giving them.

Henry had 6 carries in the final 34 minutes of the game.  They got beat (badly) at the line of scrimmage on both sides and couldn’t keep KC off the field or out of the end zone during that stretch.  They had nothing in the tank.

Just now, INTitan said:

Henry had 6 carries in the final 34 minutes of the game.  They got beat (badly) at the line of scrimmage on both sides and couldn’t keep KC off the field or out of the end zone during that stretch.  They had nothing in the tank.

Thats not what we are talking about. It's the playcalling on the last drive of the 1st half, where many believe the game was lost, and early in the 3rd after the defense got off the field to start the half. Anything after the Chiefs went up 28-17 is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Rolltide said:

Miami won nothing with RT. He had one 10-7 season with them that is the best he did there out of 6 seasons. That is part of his resume. 

I understand.  I also think he's better now than he was there.  Sometimes players just need a change of scenery.