OILERMAN

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually shocked Tannehill didn't audible on that play.

I've already said I'd pay Henry at this point and I'm not going to bash Robinson when he does. He's turned into a beast, he's the best runner in the league etc......   But honestly, we all k

I’d agree if Tannehill could excel on his own consistently, outside of a dominant run game. But he can’t, so imo they’re a package deal.

Posted Images

I think you have to bring Henry back.  At the same time, sometimes having a player like Henry makes the coaches run too much which takes away from opening up the passing game.

To be honest I'd give Tannehill a 3-4 year deal and franchise Henry.  That way if Henry starts to wear down you won't be paying him more than he should be paid.

Teams will definitely start focusing on stopping him so he'll likely have a step back statistically, but that doesn't change the impact he'll have on our offense. Next season Tannehill will have to really carry the team. 

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Do we know that?  He was pretty damn good against New Orleans without Henry.

Yeah, like I said - consistently. There are times when he can carry the offense for a stretch but we must not fool ourselves into thinking Tannehill is more than he is. 

Just now, Rolltide said:

So was Mariota vs Atlanta. So? 

All I'm saying is we really don't know how good Tannehill would be in a pass first offense.

From what I saw of him this season he has the traits that you want in a franchise QB.  No, he's not Mahomes.  Nobody is.  But you can absolutely win with Tannehill.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah, like I said - consistently. There are times when he can carry the offense for a stretch but we must not fool ourselves into thinking Tannehill is more than he is. 

I'm not saying they should let Henry go, but there are probably ways that they can keep Tannehill, commit to a more pass heavy offense and if it doesn't work start over at the QB position in a couple of years.

The key to improvement for us is is to expand the pass game off the run game as a run first team, rather than to become a passing team. 

We need to be able to take advantage of passing opportunities when they present themselves rather than forcing the pass consistently. Yesterday, we failed to take advantage of passing opportunities. 

Just now, tgo said:

The key to improvement for us is is to expand the pass game off the run game as a run first team, rather than to become a passing team. 

We need to be able to take advantage of passing opportunities when they present themselves rather than forcing the pass consistently. Yesterday, we failed to take advantage of passing opportunities. 

Why does this franchise ALWAYS have to be a run first team.  WHY?

Just now, tgo said:

Again what the hell are you talking about? Tannehill took advantage of the limited opportunities he had yesterday. It was playcall and Vrabel's meatheadedness that failed to take advantage yesterday.

The team is built specifically to play like they did in the last 13 games. The offensive line it’s very good at run blocking and can hold her own and play action passes. The line is horrible in obvious passing situations. That’s not gonna change unless you overhaul the entire unit.

The downside of not extending players early it’s situations like this. When it comes to Tanneyhill and Henry, the Titans are either going to have to use for franchise tag or pay market value for these guys.

Edited by BudAdams