The Non-Overreactive thread

GOAT9

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-Losing to Andy Reid in the Conference Championship doesn't make Vrabel a shitty coach. -Henry and Tannehill will be back and they will be fine. -The team is not in a bad position, its in th

I would expect offensive regression. Tannehill and Henry performed at historically ridiculous levels. It's just not sustainable.

True but we have the opportunity to add more offensive weapons for a run.    Namely a RB and WR. Maybe even a TE.    As good as Jonnu is at certain things, they clearly do not view

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We aren't nor will we ever be the Patriots.

Getting back to the AFC title game isn't going to be easy. Ravens will get better as will the Chiefs. So will the Texans when they decide to get rid of BOB. Chargers could be scary if they find a solid QB. 

The team is young but realistically, we could very well be talking about how this season was our best chance 5 years from now. 

Wtf are you talking about? Who said anything about being the Patriots? Getting to the AFC Championship isn't easy any year. 

Getting to the AFCCG again soon is unlikely given the competition. It can certainly happen but odds are it won't. 

Playoff football is still the expectation going forward but this was a rare opportunity. Hard to say it was wasted given the great run it took to get here but losing with a relatively rly poor game from so many all round makes it a bit of a lost opportunity. Realistically though they'd have to play out of their minds to beat KC and SF which was always going to be very unlikely.

17 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I would expect offensive regression. Tannehill and Henry performed at historically ridiculous levels. It's just not sustainable.

True but we have the opportunity to add more offensive weapons for a run. 

Namely a RB and WR. Maybe even a TE. 

As good as Jonnu is at certain things, they clearly do not view him as a feature TE. 

Take what your given. Obviously we want a super bowl championship every year. So do 31 other teams. Our window is still open and anything can happen. This franchise has made leaps and bounds since Jrob became GM and with he and Vrabs at the helm I see a competitive team year in and year out. 

I'll take that over what alot of fanbases are going through. 

45 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

What I just said. What are you having trouble with?

Your post is acting as if we have arrived as a perennial SB contender when we could very well not make it back to the divisional round going forward. 

Right. Which makes your "stop overreacting, everything's good" complete BS. We were on the doorstep of a potential Titans SB victory and might not get that close again for another 20 years.....hopefully not but that's how it goes. Especially with small market teams like Tennessee. 

No my post said a return to dominance. In our dominant days we were consistently in the play offs, and at the top of our division. Yes I am extremely confident we will be consistently in the playoffs and at the top of our division. And no you are def over reacting. We were not on the doorstep of a SB victory. The Titans weren't expected to make it out of the wildcard round, we weren't expected to beat the Ravens, and we weren't expected to beat the Chiefs. This team still has plenty of untapped potential and growth moving forward.

The team finally found a decent QB and how to use our beast HB. The staff is going to have an entire offseason to actually come up with ways to use our weapons instead of trying to figure out who our weapons are. There is far more upside than downside here. Take the negativity somewhere else. 

52 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I disagree. I don't expect we will have historic level play like what we saw. But I think the offense will be more cohesive and overall a better unit. After all, we wont be spending the 1st half of the season trying to figure out what our QB is doing. 

Getting Kenyan Drake in free agency or drafting a solid 3rd down back will totally revamp our offense and really help us. 3 and 5 looks a lot different if our RB can actually pick up 5 yards or actually do something with a screen pass.

Also we’re in the Super Bowl if we played the packers instead of the chiefs. SF basically ran our offense this week.

Per the Ringer NFL podcast Mostert faced a box of 8+ on only 13% of his 29 carries against the Packers. Jimmy G only threw 8 times but the Packers were in nickle and dime to prevent the pass.

What was that number for Henry? Felt like we ran right into them. That one play was a goal line defense on our own 40 yard line.

Hard not to blame Smith/Vrabel for this.

Edited by Titans279

4 hours ago, tgo said:

True but we have the opportunity to add more offensive weapons for a run. 

Namely a RB and WR. Maybe even a TE. 

As good as Jonnu is at certain things, they clearly do not view him as a feature TE. 

Add more weapons? Davis, Smith and Brown are used so sparingly, I don't see adding more weapons as a big need. 

And Jonnu plays almost all the snaps 

3 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Both teams in the SB got byes and home field advantage (one thanks to us). Very hard to get there without that formula.

I think we all can agree the team exceeded our expectations this year. Winning three away playoff games is a huge task. I don't think anyone should be disappointed in what we accomplished this year after the rough start. I just hope this team can build off this season and turn into a perennial playoff contender.

A few things.

1. Hard to make it this far consistently. Marino Brees and Rodgers have only been to one superbowl each. The Ravens for all their success havent been to the conference championship game since 2012.

2. The farther you go the more the loss hurts because players know nothing is guaranteed. This season was a lost opportunity.

3. The offense is not sustainable as @Titans279 said. You arent going to have another year were you are 88% in the redzone

4. The Titans have very good weapons at the skill positions including an underachieving Davis. The offense philosophy holds these guys back from developing. I fully expect Davis to go somewhere else and light it up. Same would be true of Smith.

5. Art Smith has to grow and somehow shake off the yoke of Vrabel. Vrabel also needs to get his fucking hands out of the offense. You dont have to go chuck and duck but you have to have more balance and adjust when teams take away a strength like the Chiefs did with Henry.

Edited by oldschool