11 hours ago, abenjami said:

WTF is a "developmental QB"?

Posters say this every year. 

QB's either have it or they don't. You find out rather quickly.  No one is drafting QB's in the later rounds and developing them into studs. 

No, but they can be developed into solid 2s. 

Too early to tell but at this point with the current roster (which will have several changes before the draft) my priorities would be:

1) olb

2) cb

3) change of pace rb 

4) speedy wr

5) backup qb

6) dl depth

Conklin can be replaced via FA and it would make sense to get someone with experience to play next to a still raw Nate Davis.

A better backup to Henry should also be available in FA

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I say draft a playmaker on defense. A edge rusher someone who can get 12-13 sacks a year 

Have to keep in mind that we're drafting at 28 in the first. Odds are the big pass rushers will be gone.

That's why I lean towards pass rusher in FA and something like corner or TE at 28. 

26 minutes ago, reo said:

Have to keep in mind that we're drafting at 28 in the first. Odds are the big pass rushers will be gone.

That's why I lean towards pass rusher in FA and something like corner or TE at 28. 

It's always possible we trade out of the first round too.

13 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Why is TE listed as a need again?  Seems like a spot where there is good depth.

Firkser is a FA and Jonnu is entering the last year of his deal...

14 hours ago, Titan_Aussie said:

Focus should be on the pass rush seeing as our lack of it was exposed by the Chiefs. Landry and Wake is good but Wake is 37. Depth at CB/TE/OL/DL/RB all needed. Wonder if JRob goes in to try and get more picks. Only got 6 i think.

Yep. Pass rush is issue number one. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Firkser is a FA and Jonnu is entering the last year of his deal...

If we lose Smith next year we will regret it. He could develop into an all pro elsewhere like Walker did. 

On 1/20/2020 at 2:43 PM, Former_Fan said:

Also need to figure out the kicking situation.

All comes down to how Succop recovers. Its clear we rushed him back, but his kicking was horrendous. Do we wait and see or do we just move on. Hes getting alot of money for a kicker.

2 minutes ago, Titan_Aussie said:

All comes down to how Succop recovers. Its clear we rushed him back, but his kicking was horrendous. Do we wait and see or do we just move on. Hes getting alot of money for a kicker.

With his age it could be a situation where he never returns to be the same kicker production wise. I would guess they try and move on.

2 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

With his age it could be a situation where he never returns to be the same kicker production wise. I would guess they try and move on.

Money wise its an easy decision personally. Hes due 3.4m next season.

50 minutes ago, Titan_Aussie said:

Money wise its an easy decision personally. Hes due 3.4m next season.

I bet they sign a FA and let them compete with Joseph for the job. Dont know what we have in Joseph really. He nailed all his PAT. Only had one damn FG