I hope SF KILLS the Chiefs in the SB.

Flarb

40 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

So SF it is!

Actually I think the 49ers are the best, most complete team.  They are a better version of the Titans, especially on defense. 

I think 1-53 even the Titans may be better than the Chiefs.  But when you have Patrick Mahomes it doesn’t matter. I am convinced he could go to almost any team and make them an instant Super Bowl contender.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is all. 

Not me. I'm rooting for the Chiefs. 

You’re going to be disappointed.  The Chiefs are by far the best team.  There’s not even a close second.

Just now, scine09 said:

I think 1-53 even the Titans may be better than the Chiefs.  But when you have Patrick Mahomes it doesn’t matter. I am convinced he could go to almost any team and make them an instant Super Bowl contender.

But at least we have Corey Davis instead!

Mahomes is great - no question.  SF's defense, though, is very much like Seattle's 2013 one to me now that Ford is back.  The DL has depth and the overall team speed and tackling ability of their unit is pretty awesome.  They will play zone and will not let Mahomes have all day to throw it or take off running for chunk plays.

Offensively, Shanahan is brilliant and I think that combo is better than what KC can do. 

I think SF takes this pretty easily, despite KC's edge at QB.

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I can't wait to see the Mahomes SF defense match-up

History is on the SF side

SF has some issues in the secondary. Sherman lines up one side but the other corner is a weakness I think Hill and Watkins can expose easily. I think KC will win the game because of Mahomes.

22 hours ago, BudAdams said:

But at least we have Corey Davis instead!

Mahomes is great - no question.  SF's defense, though, is very much like Seattle's 2013 one to me now that Ford is back.  The DL has depth and the overall team speed and tackling ability of their unit is pretty awesome.  They will play zone and will not let Mahomes have all day to throw it or take off running for chunk plays.

Offensively, Shanahan is brilliant and I think that combo is better than what KC can do. 

I think SF takes this pretty easily, despite KC's edge at QB.

SF Def... points per game 19.4   KC Def... 19.3

9 hours ago, prine06 said:

I see the 49ers as a much better version of the Titans. We hung with KC, I believe SF has the ability to dominate them in the game. 

9 hours ago, BudAdams said:

SF defense has a front 4 and speed that the Titans don’t have plus they tackle better too.

It will come down to Jimmy G, he cannot be trusted 

Chiefs have had a pretty easy run through the playoffs.  Rarely does a team get to face a fourth and sixth seed.  Rarely does a team get a 9-7 team in the championship game.  The c Chiefs  were lucky that the Pats lost in the final game of the year.  

This will be their toughest test.  I didn’t think any AFC team would beat them if they were healthy.  Going into the playoffs, I felt like the 9rers and Saints would be the Chiefs biggest challenge if they made it to the Super Bowl.  

The thing about the 9res run game is that it is built on speed.  I wasn’t worried about the Titan run game because Henry broke long runs when the defense started to make business decisions.  Plus, Thornhill was more of a coverage safety and he was on IR. Sorensen can be a liability in coverage but is perfect to stop Henry.  A slower, big  back.

Chiefs linebackers struggle covering rbs out of the backfield.  They aren’t fast.  

If they can force Jimmy G to throw, he tends to turn it over and that could swing the game quickly.  Chiefs have to catch those.  Can’t drop them like they did in the championship game.  

On defense, the 9ers have a great pass rush.  They are vulnerable on the side opposite of Sherman.  And Sherman is a little older and slower.  He also tends to stay on one side of the field.  

both squads are super healthy for this time of year.  Should be a great game.

Edited by dcblanton