1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

BS......Actually the prevailing thought was that Mariota was better. The idea that Tannehill was better, let alone a lot better, was scoffed at even when it was obvious in preseason.....

The majority of people even think that playing Mariota for six games was not a mistake.

Mariota was grossly overrated in Tennessee and Tannehill was just as underrated.  The fact that Tannehill played it in elite level isn’t relevant.  

Bullshit. There were a vocal contingent of message board Mariota nut huggers to be sure,  Bur acting like only a select few people with “exclusive forsight” were able to see how pitiful Mariota has been borders on delusional.   RT is a different story. 99.9% knew that he possesses a much better arm than Mariota. The skepticism came in the form of concern that he could play more than two games without getting injured. 

3 minutes ago, Lars said:

Bullshit. There were a vocal contingent of message board Mariota nut huggers to be sure,  Bur acting like only a select few people with “exclusive forsight” were able to see how pitiful Mariota has been borders on delusional.   RT is a different story. 99.9% knew that he possesses a much better arm than Mariota. The skepticism came in the form of concern that he could play more than two games without getting injured. 

Completely wrong.  BFW the local media was as bad as the message board morons 

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Titans fans: "We would like one good QB please"

Nfl agent: "Thatll be $27 million per year for 5 years"

Titans fans: "No thank you, too expensive"

I’m convinced some of it is passive aggressive disdain for Tannehill because of how it ended so badly for Mariota.  RT’s success destroyed every MM fanboy excuse 

9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I’m convinced some of it is passive aggressive disdain for Tannehill because of how it ended so badly for Mariota.  RT’s success destroyed every MM fanboy excuse 

Probably. I mean if you didnt see Mariota wasnt a good football player for most of his career you are blind. 

37 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

That's exactly what it is. And that same contingent is driving the Brady hype.

49 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I’m all for paying Tannehill. 

We’ve never had to pay a big QB contract so I’m sure people just have sticker shock. I keep saying it but people need to wait to see the structure of the contract before freaking. 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

You don't pay a premium for an average QB. Majority of his success was because of the play action pass. He's not going to duplicate these numbers next year, it's unsustainable.

2 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

You don't pay a premium for an average QB. Majority of his success was because of the play action pass. He's not going to duplicate these numbers next year, it's unsustainable.

Maybe hes not average. We went 9-4 after he was in the lineup. Name a qb who could replace him?

Just now, headhunter said:

Maybe hes not average. We went 9-4 after he was in the lineup. Name a qb who could replace him?

Is that the best you got? He was a 50-50 QB when he was forced to throw 20+ times a game. The reason why we won was due largely to the success of Derrick Henry, and the play action game. Any other average QB could come in with Derrick Henry running the way he is and hit open guys off of the play action pass.

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

Is that the best you got? He was a 50-50 QB when he was forced to throw 20+ times a game. The reason why we won was due largely to the success of Derrick Henry, and the play action game. Any other average QB could come in with Derrick Henry running the way he is and hit open guys off of the play action pass.

Name your replacement

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Name your replacement

Any AVERAGE QB that's not going to demand 27+ million dollar to throw under 20 times a game. It really doesn't matter who I say, because will never know if they are never signed here. All I know is I'm not paying a QB that kind of money to throw under 20 times a game, who can't win when they have to throw 20+ times a game.

Edited by Tomachek

Just now, Tomachek said:

Any AVERAGE QB that's not going to demand 27+ million dollar to throw under 20 times a game. It really doesn't matter who I am, because will never know if they are never signed here. All I know is I'm not paying a QB that kind of money to throw under 20 times a game, who can't win when they have to throw 20+ times a game.

Whats his name

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Completely wrong.  BFW the local media was as bad as the message board morons 

Only idiots listen to the media.