Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Righteous said:

I disagree.  QB’s that will be on the market:

 

Drew Brees

Tom Brady 

Phillip Rivers

Teddy Bridgewater 

Alex Smith

Cam Newton

Derek Carr

Jamies Winston

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Dak Prescott 

Andy Dalton

 

Everyone of these QB’s could play as well as Tannehill.  Stop overreacting to Tannehill’s greatness.  

Everyone of them would be a downgrade 2 tanny except brees and he is old and likely not leaving the saints.

 

Dak would be a upgrade but i doubt he leaves dallas and would cost a fortune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

So you are saying that the bad, the good, and the great all might not win a Super Bowl?!

I am saying a mediocre QB making it to the AFC Championship game doesn’t guarantee a big contract or future success.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Everyone of them would be a downgrade 2 tanny except brees and he is old and likely not leaving the saints.

 

Dak would be a upgrade but i doubt he leaves dallas and would cost a fortune.

I would take Winston and Bridgewater over Tannehill right now.  Both have star quality and will benefit greatly from a good running game.  I doubt if either would require the big money that Tannehill will ask for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Everyone of them would be a downgrade 2 tanny except brees and he is old and likely not leaving the saints.

 

Dak would be a upgrade but i doubt he leaves dallas and would cost a fortune.

 

Dak?  The same Dak who can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle in Dallas?  That Dak?

 

Mariota would throw 7,000 yards and go undefeated with that team and Dak would be an upgrade over Tannehill?

 

DAK?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Righteous said:

I am saying a mediocre QB making it to the AFC Championship game doesn’t guarantee a big contract or future success.  

He was better than mediocre... at least the stats say so. A QB cannot outperform the game plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadMax said:

 

Dak?  The same Dak who can't hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle in Dallas?  That Dak?

 

Mariota would throw 7,000 yards and go undefeated with that team and Dak would be an upgrade over Tannehill?

 

DAK?????

Yeah, a two time pro bowler, 2 time division winner wouldn’t be an upgrade over a player that has never won a division on been to the pro bowl  in 7 years and threw for a total of 325 yds in 3 playoff games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

He was better than mediocre... at least the stats say so. A QB cannot outperform the game plan.

Tannehill was terrible in the second half.  And that had nothing to do with game plan. Also 6 prior years of playing QB have shown that he is the very definition of mediocre.

Edited by Righteous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Righteous said:

I would take Winston and Bridgewater over Tannehill right now.  Both have star quality and will benefit greatly from a good running game.  I doubt if either would require the big money that Tannehill will ask for.

If wr started winston we would be lucky to win 4 games.

 

Teddy is decent but he isn't better than tanny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Yeah, a two time pro bowler, 2 time division winner wouldn’t be an upgrade over a player that has never won a division on been to the pro bowl  in 7 years and threw for a total of 325 yds in 3 playoff games.  

 

Yeah, pro bowlers are always great.  *cough* VY *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadMax said:

 

Yeah, pro bowlers are always great.  *cough* VY *cough*

Right...so  history tells you that you don’t reward one year of success, rather 10 games with a massive contract, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was obvious yesterday that Tannehill isn’t the caliber of QB that can take the game over and put the team on his back.  And there’s nothing wrong with that.  There’s probably less than 5 of those guys in the entire league.  The team isn’t built in that way, either.  With all that said, though if Jrob sees a guy next year or in the future that he thinks CAN be that guy, then you pull the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Righteous said:

Tannehill was terrible in the second half.  And that had nothing to do with game plan. Also 6 prior years of playing QB have shown that he is the very definition of mediocre.

 

No he wasn't.  Play calling was a much bigger issue while the game was still winnable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tannehill wasn't Blake Bortles. Did Bortles ever lead the league in passer rating? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...