NashvilleNinja

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fucking hate this board sometimes. 

No, this is not a bash on Tannehill thread. Dude was money for most of the games he played in, at least for what we asked of him. And no, this is not a call to let him go to free agency. He's earned a

Man you guys turn on a dime.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Titans fans: "We would like one good QB please"

Nfl agent: "Thatll be $27 million per year for 5 years"

Titans fans: "No thank you, too expensive"

I’m all for paying Tannehill. 

We’ve never had to pay a big QB contract so I’m sure people just have sticker shock. I keep saying it but people need to wait to see the structure of the contract before freaking. 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Titans fans: "We would like one good QB please"

Nfl agent: "Thatll be $27 million per year for 5 years"

Titans fans: "No thank you, too expensive"

You don't pay a premium for an average QB. Majority of his success was because of the play action pass. He's not going to duplicate these numbers next year, it's unsustainable.

2 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

You don't pay a premium for an average QB. Majority of his success was because of the play action pass. He's not going to duplicate these numbers next year, it's unsustainable.

Maybe hes not average. We went 9-4 after he was in the lineup. Name a qb who could replace him?

Just now, headhunter said:

Maybe hes not average. We went 9-4 after he was in the lineup. Name a qb who could replace him?

Is that the best you got? He was a 50-50 QB when he was forced to throw 20+ times a game. The reason why we won was due largely to the success of Derrick Henry, and the play action game. Any other average QB could come in with Derrick Henry running the way he is and hit open guys off of the play action pass.

1 minute ago, Tomachek said:

Is that the best you got? He was a 50-50 QB when he was forced to throw 20+ times a game. The reason why we won was due largely to the success of Derrick Henry, and the play action game. Any other average QB could come in with Derrick Henry running the way he is and hit open guys off of the play action pass.

Name your replacement

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Name your replacement

Any AVERAGE QB that's not going to demand 27+ million dollar to throw under 20 times a game. It really doesn't matter who I say, because will never know if they are never signed here. All I know is I'm not paying a QB that kind of money to throw under 20 times a game, who can't win when they have to throw 20+ times a game.

Edited by Tomachek

Just now, Tomachek said:

Any AVERAGE QB that's not going to demand 27+ million dollar to throw under 20 times a game. It really doesn't matter who I am, because will never know if they are never signed here. All I know is I'm not paying a QB that kind of money to throw under 20 times a game, who can't win when they have to throw 20+ times a game.

Whats his name

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

I’m convinced some of it is passive aggressive disdain for Tannehill because of how it ended so badly for Mariota.  RT’s success destroyed every MM fanboy excuse 

There are Mariota homers., Then there are people with critical thinking skills who don’t believe every topic is about Mariota.  RT should be re-signed but it’s not a slam dunk with his injury history. The team will most definitely need some good protections in a long term deal because of that, 

Just now, Tomachek said:

Defend Ryan Tannehill not winning when required to throw 20+ times a game. Then I'll give you a name.

He helped us go 9-4. Highly accurate, was careful with the ball, 22Tds to 6 INTs, 117 rating. Won comeback player of the year. Pro Bowler. Yeah that screams average doesnt it?

You realize his pass attempts is based on our scheme and philosophy, nothing to do with him.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

He helped us go 9-4. Highly accurate, was careful with the ball, 22Tds to 6 INTs, 117 rating. Won comeback player of the year. Pro Bowler. Yeah that screams average doesnt it?

You realize his pass attempts is based on our scheme and philosophy, nothing to do with him.

He can't win when we have to depend on him to pass.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

More pass attempts doesnt mean more wins

Name his replacement 

The only guy that you might replace him with would be Brady and only if they review his film and decide he's got a couple years... so even that's not a given.

Barring that... you resign Tannehill and give him the shot imo.