We might need to draft a QB

NashvilleNinja

9 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

I think that what was apparent was that we expected to to dominate the LOS on offense and run effectively like we did for this entire run. We didn't adapt and we are not set up to pass like KC is.

Don't think you can gage Tannehill's effectiveness in an offense set up to pass like KC's with the way we were set up and schemed this year. No, this isn't about saying Tannehill is better than Mahomes, it is about saying if you expect a QB to deliver bigger results in obvious passing situations you need to have an offense better designed for it.

The offensive game plan was not good, but the fact that like you said they didn't adapt makes it worse. They waited too long to abandon the run game, which you can't do against a quick scoring team. We weren't slowing them down.

We had plenty of talent to win yesterday, but the coaches were in over their heads, unprepared, and stubborn.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fucking hate this board sometimes. 

No, this is not a bash on Tannehill thread. Dude was money for most of the games he played in, at least for what we asked of him. And no, this is not a call to let him go to free agency. He's earned a

Man you guys turn on a dime.

Posted Images

Just now, oldschool said:

Tannehill proved he's more than a bridge QB this year. if the team tries to do what you want it would fracture the locker room and give players around the league a bad vibe about the Titans. Its fine if they don't think he's the answer. Let him go then. What you can't do is fuck him over which is precisely what you are advocating for. 

What do you think he is because he isn’t a Franchise qb like you seem to be advocating?

He is just another Kerry Collins 

Draft a qb but not in the first round.

first round picks have a lot of expectations and would divide the locker room and fan base. Hell even the Pats have been known to draft qbs on day 2 and 3. 

It would be negligent to not draft a an both for the back up role and for the future 

Just now, Tnasty said:

Draft a qb but not in the first round.

first round picks have a lot of expectations and would divide the locker room and fan base. Hell even the Pats have been known to draft qbs on day 2 and 3. 

It would be negligent to not draft a an both for the back up role and for the future 

Exactly. This Tannehill love is bizarre to me 

7 minutes ago, MemphisTitan said:

He had a solid year. He isn’t the Long term answer. You need a top 10 qb to win the super bowl 

Dan Marino? Jim Kelly? Goose-eggs. Many greats have only won one Super Bowl.

Do great squads elevate QB play? Then you have the Mariota-Tannehill contrast.

Terry Bradshaw won four Super Bowls. He was definitely good but damn look at the team surrounding him?

Tannehill is good enough for sure. If you can almost get there, you can get there.

26 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Terry Bradshaw won four Super Bowls. He was definitely good but damn look at the team surrounding him?

Tannehill is good enough for sure. If you can almost get there, you can get there.

Of course there are outliers but throughout the history of football the teams with the stud QBs are the ones winning Super Bowls.

In order to win a Super bowl with a quarterback like Tannehill the entire supporting cast has to be otherworldly great. It’s ok to continue looking for a stud

Edited by MemphisTitan

23 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Blake Bortles says hi.

I think Tannehill is the best option at Quarterback, right now.  The draft class is extremely weak this year and no one in free agency will be an upgrade at this point.  I would rather lock him up on a 2-3 year deal, any longer I would want an easy out.  

40 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Tannehill is the best FA QB in 2020.  Let someone else sign Brady.

I disagree.  QB’s that will be on the market:

Drew Brees

Tom Brady 

Phillip Rivers

Teddy Bridgewater 

Alex Smith

Cam Newton

Derek Carr

Jamies Winston

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Dak Prescott 

Andy Dalton

Everyone of these QB’s could play as well as Tannehill.  Stop overreacting to Tannehill’s greatness.  

8 minutes ago, Righteous said:

I disagree.  QB’s that will be on the market:

Drew Brees

Tom Brady 

Phillip Rivers

Teddy Bridgewater 

Alex Smith

Cam Newton

Derek Carr

Jamies Winston

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Dak Prescott 

Andy Dalton

Everyone of these QB’s could play as well as Tannehill.  Stop overreacting to Tannehill’s greatness.  

Everyone of them would be a downgrade 2 tanny except brees and he is old and likely not leaving the saints.

Dak would be a upgrade but i doubt he leaves dallas and would cost a fortune.

11 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

So you are saying that the bad, the good, and the great all might not win a Super Bowl?!

I am saying a mediocre QB making it to the AFC Championship game doesn’t guarantee a big contract or future success.