We might need to draft a QB

NashvilleNinja

1 minute ago, newschool said:

And they still look inferior to the KC WRs. AJ Brown is the only one on their level.

Ours aren’t even on the field half the time. These receivers could excel with a scheme designed to utilize them.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fucking hate this board sometimes. 

No, this is not a bash on Tannehill thread. Dude was money for most of the games he played in, at least for what we asked of him. And no, this is not a call to let him go to free agency. He's earned a

Man you guys turn on a dime.

Posted Images

Just now, newschool said:

I feel like there are FA qb's who can do what he did or we can sign him to a reasonable deal or tag him. I'm not saying don't sign him but to give him a huge payday could be a mistake bc the talent level across the team is going to sink and he's not a QB that is carrying this team. As for drafting a guy I don't follow college, I'll have to get into it now that our season is over.

Which ones in FA?  Bridgewater doesn't throw downfield.  Dalton is average and Brady and Rivers are done (or close to it).

5 minutes ago, newschool said:

I think this would only expose Tannehill more.

Tanny has done well but imo he ain't the future of this team if the goal is to win the superbowl, Titans should franchise tag him this year and see how he would do in a pass first O, if he lights it up then you sign him to a big deal if not they you look for a QB in the draft.

1 minute ago, TF_Titan said:

Ours aren’t even on the field half the time. These receivers could excel with a scheme designed to utilize them.

My two biggest concerns there are 1) the team is built to run the football so the OL could struggle and 2) who knows if Tannehill can handle an offense centered around him passing the ball 35 times a game. I'd be down for it but I don't see them changing the offense that much because it would mean retooling the roster as well as the offensive philosophy.

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Which ones in FA?  Bridgewater doesn't throw downfield.  Dalton is average and Brady and Rivers are done (or close to it).

This is a run first team, I think those QB's could be fine considering how good this team is running and passing off of PA. I don't think any of them would be better than him either. I don't mind keeping him but 30+ mil a year for 5 or 6 years is a gamble.

Just now, newschool said:

My two biggest concerns there are 1) the team is built to run the football so the OL could struggle and 2) who knows if Tannehill can handle an offense centered around him passing the ball 35 times a game. I'd be down for it but I don't see them changing the offense that much because it would mean retooling the roster as well as the offensive philosophy.

I agree pass protection is a concern, but I’m not suggesting they need to throw it 35 times a game. They just need to be balanced. They were for much of the second half of the season, but then they got punch drunk when Henry started ripping off 200 yard games.

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You believe Tannehill to be more than a little better than Mariota, correct?

Why did we average 26 attempts a gam with Mariota and only 28 with RT?

22 TDs to 6 INTs and 70% completion rate to mostly TEs and young ass WRs says your logic is broken. 

Wtf???

25 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Tannehill is not going to get us to a Superbowl. Lets be realistic. The Talent level between him and Mahomes is night and day, and Mahomes is just getting started. Tannehill made an amazing run to get here, but he is not elite, and that was very apparent today.

Dude Tannehill was not the problem today... 

1 minute ago, Rolltide said:

Why would we be a pass first offense? So after getting the conference championship we completely change our offense?

I just don't think doing it this way would be good enough considering what some of the elite teams have to offer,  but the other option would be to keep the O as is and invest heavily on the D this offseason. Titans need to have a pass rush. 

2 minutes ago, newschool said:

This is a run first team, I think those QB's could be fine considering how good this team is running and passing off of PA. I don't think any of them would be better than him either. I don't mind keeping him but 30+ mil a year for 5 or 6 years is a gamble.

That is the going rate for a good qb.  Look what Foles got.  Bridgewater, Dalton aren't taking less than that.  And Tannehill is most likely signing a 3 year deal anyway.

16 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Some of the comments are so ridiculous it is hard to even answer them.  Who else is as good as Mahommes?  Who comes close?  Rodgers?  Dumb comment.  

First of all Tannehill didn't play that much less of a game than Mahommes.  He had more pressure on him and his WRs weren't getting as good of separation.

But the dumbest thing is thinking we can get a better QB picking where we pick in the draft.  That is fing insane logic.  

Then saying he is 31, like he is a RB or something is ridiculous.  He easily has 5 more good years left.  He is in his prime.

Thirdly, we can sign him and not blow whatever draft picks we would need to blow to draft a comparable guy.  We just made it within 11 points of the SB.  

Not sure anyone beats the Chiefs at home the way they were playing.  They were like a machine.  Of course our late seaon pick up off waivers geve up a long TD pass which basically kept us from having a legit chance at the end.

Makes way more sense to sign Tannehill and support players like Henry and use draft picks to upgrade the team even more on defense.

Our best WR was a rookie.  Brown will get even better.   Humphries was decent today but not what he could have been if not coming off an injury.

Davis needs to be replaced with a guy with more big play ability and speed.  He is too easy to guard.

Really?  You are seriously this dumb?  Tannehill was #1 in the league in yards per attempt while having one of the highest completion %s.  

Moron, he was making fun of you.

Stupid comment, but expected.  First of all, can Alex Smith not do the exact same thing?  Derek Carr?  Of course they can.  Tannehill will never beat Mahomes, Watson or Jackson consistently ever.  You need to find a QB that can, whether this year or next.  But you don’t sign a long term contract with a player because he is better than what you had.  The purpose of this game is to win the Super Bowl.  Settling for a mediocre QB and hoping that he can accomplish that is as stupid as your comment.

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Dude Tannehill was not the problem today... 

Nor was he the solution. We absolutely have to resign him, but at some point we are going to have to draft for the long term future. Henry was shut down today and it was too much for Tannehill to do on his own. But absolutely not putting this loss on Tannehill.