Here is the big concern with Vrabel going forward

OILERMAN

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Sure they could use better pass rushers but that's not why they lost today and CBs wouldn't have helped today either. 

I actually think better CB's would have helped.  I like Ryan a lot but the rest are trash.  We rushed 3 a ton and somehow the back 8 couldn't cover 5 guys.  Way too many big holes in our zones.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vrabel is more offensively conservative than Fisher or Mularkey. Almost comically so.    The Titans run the ball and run the ball on 1st down at a level you just don't see in the NFL. Warren

People arguing Vrabel needs a better roster   In 2019 and 2020 the Titans had a quality offensive roster.   In the KC AFC title game up 10-0, Vrabel shuts it down and starts runnin

I actually don't blame Vrabel or Smith for this loss.  We just need to face the fact this team is somewhat one dimensional when it comes to the game plan.  If we can play our game, we win.  But if we

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Landry rushes the passer and Wake was brought in to rush. This idea that Pees doesn’t like guys who rush the passer is wrong. He doesn’t necessarily want the DEs rushing but we need someone else at OLB to compliment Landry. 

Correct - as I’ve said repeatedly.

As I said, they all out rush only situationally. 

Massive gamble if you let Conklin walk, do you really want a rookie RT starting next to a 2nd year Nate Davis that is a recipe for disaster.

Also picking 29th in the draft at best you will be looking at the 4th OT in this draft, Wills/Wirfs/Thomas will be long gone and Beckton might be gone as well.

Not sure why the defense is getting hammered so much here. Yes, there were breakdowns at times but that’s what happens with Mahommes. They played about as well as you could reasonably expect overall, only allowing 21 points in 3 quarters. 

This game was lost mostly due to offensive failure. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

And it's not really new either.  We've seen it maybe once per game where they just go conservative on a drive or two.  And they picked the worst possible time to do that in this game.

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Massive gamble if you let Conklin walk, do you really want a rookie RT starting next to a 2nd year Nate Davis that is a recipe for disaster.

Also picking 29th in the draft at best you will be looking at the 4th OT in this draft, Wills/Wirfs/Thomas will be long gone and Beckton might be gone as well.

RT had been historically easy to replace with mid round draft picks or a mid tier FA. What you dont do is over pay for a mediocre one that you already wasted draft capital on to move up to get.

9 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I actually think better CB's would have helped.  I like Ryan a lot but the rest are trash.  We rushed 3 a ton and somehow the back 8 couldn't cover 5 guys.  Way too many big holes in our zones.

I definitely think we are better off in this game with Butler playing.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

And it's not really new either.  We've seen it maybe once per game where they just go conservative on a drive or two.  And they picked the worst possible time to do that in this game.

It's not new and I dont put it on Smith who really grew as a play caller as the season progressed. It's on Vrabel. That being said I do think Smith doesnt scheme well. Maybe it's a product of having Henry.

I disagree about the edge rushers. We need a dynamic player who can pressure the QB without losing edge contain. We also need more pressure from the interior. Situational downs or not, it's a huge hole and it limits what we can do on defense. 

KC could have scored even more. Andy Reid learned from the past and played smart. He moved the chains and kept the clock moving. He wore out the D and was patient. Our D did the best they could, but they were outmatched. The coverage actually held up pretty well, but we too often allowed Mahomes to break contain, and he had entirely too much time.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

RT had been historically easy to replace with mid round draft picks or a mid tier FA. What you dont do is over pay for a mediocre one that you already wasted draft capital on to move up to get.

What Jrob does with the Conklin situation will tell me a lot about what I think about him.

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Not sure why the defense is getting hammered so much here. Yes, there were breakdowns at times but that’s what happens with Mahommes. They played about as well as you could reasonably expect overall, only allowing 21 points in 3 quarters. 

I dont think the D or O played awful. We just got outmatched. 

The chiefs O was far superior.  Though we only allowed 21 points in 3 quarters the Chiefs didnt have the ball a ton. We made a few stops here and there but the D let up some major plays and gave up the lead. Not bashing them as this happens all the time with Mahomes.  Hes elite. 

The O was rolling early and got shut down a drive or two. That's all an offense like KC needs to get back into a game. 

Last game we got a blocked FG and fumble return for TD to win. Didnt get that this time. KC didnt make any mistakes and we're the better team