Here is the big concern with Vrabel going forward

OILERMAN

Vrabel is a good enough coach.  What he lacks in playcalling, he more than makes up with a great ability to coach up players and maximize the talent on the roster.  Another year with Art should be better in the playcalling Dept.

The chiefs just figured us out and we should really be scared on life without Henry.  Tanny and the offense becomes super avg without him.  We got some great pieces but need to resign Henry, along with more consistent play from Jonnu and an upgrade at #2 WR and pass rush

Edited by VaTitan

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vrabel is more offensively conservative than Fisher or Mularkey. Almost comically so.    The Titans run the ball and run the ball on 1st down at a level you just don't see in the NFL. Warren

People arguing Vrabel needs a better roster   In 2019 and 2020 the Titans had a quality offensive roster.   In the KC AFC title game up 10-0, Vrabel shuts it down and starts runnin

I actually don't blame Vrabel or Smith for this loss.  We just need to face the fact this team is somewhat one dimensional when it comes to the game plan.  If we can play our game, we win.  But if we

Posted Images

Just now, oldschool said:

Your point about the pass blocking ability of the OL is spot on. Davis got worked today as did Conklin. I'd strongly consider letting Conklin walk and draft a guy. RT is usually easy to fill in the draft. 

I’m starting to think they will allow Conklin to depart - but it’s a risky strategy. 

He’s a good RT but he’s not elite. 

Just now, tgo said:

What killed them today more than anything was losing contain on Mahommes on the outside and failing to keep him in the pocket. 

And who's primary job is that? #1 priority this offseason has to be to upgrade the pass rush like the Packers did this year.

1 hour ago, dcblanton said:

He took a very flawed team all the way to the AFC championship game.  He has no shot against the Chiefs.  That’s just the truth.  Tannehill is an average at best in that the coaching staff propped up.  He deserves a freaking medal.

And takes like this is why you continue to show your ass when it comes to football talk.  Very flawed team?  Comical.

1 minute ago, VaTitan said:

Vrabel is a good enough coach.  What he lacks in playcalling, he more than makes up with a great ability to coach up players and maximize the talent on the roster.  Another year with Art should be better in the playcalling Dept.

The chiefs just figured us out and we should really be scared on life without Henry.  Tanny and the offense becomes super avg without him.  We got some great pieces but need to resign Henry, along with more consistent play from Jonnu and an upgrade at #2 WR and pass rush

Nahhhh.  Art was trying way too hard to press with Henry INSTEAD of passing with Tannehill.  As others have pointed out, the pass was open.

Just now, oldschool said:

And who's primary job is that? #1 priority this offseason has to be to upgrade the pass rush like the Packers did this year.

It’s a contain rush though, they got too far upfield rushing trying to sack Mahommes instead of contain him. 

I agree it is a big priority - but we need a bigger OLB who can set the edge and contain also, not just a sack demon. Clowney would be perfect but that’s unlikely. 

I’m kind of afraid they will keep Wake honestly. 

1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Nahhhh.  Art was trying way too hard to press with Henry INSTEAD of passing with Tannehill.  As others have pointed out, the pass was open.

I've got conference that Art will get better.  He and Vrabel are smart enough.  

32 minutes ago, tgo said:

Again - Vrabel and Pees are not pass rush guys philosophically. 

People are going to keep saying this until they’re blue in the face for years on end. 

Landry rushes the passer and Wake was brought in to rush. This idea that Pees doesn’t like guys who rush the passer is wrong. He doesn’t necessarily want the DEs rushing but we need someone else at OLB to compliment Landry. 

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Your point about the pass blocking ability of the OL is spot on. Davis got worked today as did Conklin. I'd strongly consider letting Conklin walk and draft a guy. RT is usually easy to fill in the draft. 

I bet they let Conklin walk. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

I’m starting to think they will allow Conklin to depart - but it’s a risky strategy. 

He’s a good RT but he’s not elite. 

He was costly today for sure. And that plays part in this loss. The O line had been great vs The Patriots and Ravens. They were not impressive today, and it showed on the scoreboard.