I have one thing to say for now

abenjami

Just now, abenjami said:

It's amazing how you can't seem to understand that I agree with that statement and all I am saying is teams need to stop thinking that way.

And they won't nor should they, if they think they have the guy on the roster.  You're just making this an issue because Mahomes looks like he's on his way to being an all-time great.  If he became a bust or even above average or if Mariota continued his upward trajectory you wouldn't have said a peep.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The next time you think about getting on your knees and sucking Jrob off, keep in mind he drafted Corey Davis over Pat Mahomes. 

I hope a comet lands on your trailer and then all of you surviving family gets aids and dies slowly.

QB was in fact a need.  Some people just didn't realize that. 

Just now, Oilertattoo said:

Drew Hill, Will Fuller, a 1st and a 5th (don't remember who those picks were)

Yeah that was a good get.

I was all for taking advantage of the Eagles when Chip Kelly was in charge, that dude was a moron he'd have given god knows what for Marcus.

2 minutes ago, Smokes said:

You said name one correct?

Well there you go, I named one blah blah blah LOL

No, I did not say "name one".  I asked how many times that has happened.

So one time in 50 years?  That's not a trend bro.

I'll even help you out and add John Elway into the mix.  Twice in 50 years isn't a trend either.

1 minute ago, Smokes said:

Yeah that was a good get.

I was all for taking advantage of the Eagles when Chip Kelly was in charge, that dude was a moron he'd have given god knows what for Marcus.

Hindsight can be a bitch.

Just now, abenjami said:

No, I did not say "name one".  I asked how many times that has happened.

So one time in 50 years?  That's not a trend bro.

I'll even help you out and add John Elway into the mix.  Twice in 50 years isn't a trend either.

Add Eli Manning as well, the Chargers already had Drew Brees.

Again the reason why theirs only a few is because every time someone tries it the results are not what your imagining it would be or should happen, in other words theirs presidents for this.

Just now, Smokes said:

Add Eli Manning as well, the Chargers already had Drew Brees.

Again the reason why theirs only a few is because every time someone tries it the results are not what your imagining it would be or should happen, in other words theirs presidents for this.

Eli Manning was not holding out because the Chargers had Brees.  He was refusing to play for that POS franchise.  Totally different situation.

Regardless, you've yet to name a single QB drafted outside the top 5 who held out.

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Eli Manning was not holding out because the Chargers had Brees.  He was refusing to play for that POS franchise.  Totally different situation.

Regardless, you've yet to name a single QB drafted outside the top 5 who held out.

He wouldn't have been the starter day one just like Rivers, they may have not liked the family but your cazy to believe that the fact that he would have to deal with another young first round pick wasn't also an issue.

WRs are still garbage except for AJ. AJ as a rook is heads and tails better than everyone else. That shouldn't happen, I mean it isn't even close. CD is average, Sharp is average, Raymond is a 1 play a game guy, Humphries is a 3rd down guy. Our TEs are the real receivers. The problem begins there but its the complete lack of a defensive line and a shutdown corner that ruins everything...

1 hour ago, Smokes said:

Yeah they drafted Mett, he was projected to be drafted in the second or third the year before when we drafted him.

I was all for drafting Carr when we had Locker if it was possible to trade back up in the second and get him.

For better or worse Marcus threw for 26 tds his second year and looked like he was coming along, at that point injuries appeared to the only concern.

Nobody would have used a high first on another QB, they did what made sense and drafted the highest rated player on the board at a position to help the most important position on the field.

You made the post of thread and I'm not sure you even realize it. The Titans, in 2015, weren't sure that Mettenberger (who they had just drafted) was the answer so despite being offered a king's ransom, they spent the #2 overall pick and got Mariota for their trouble. They did literally what @abenjami is advocating for and it still didn't work because just 2 years later, according to this method, we should've done it again to draft Mahommes. Let's say we did just that and got Mahommes; of course it would've been worth it. But what if we had instead done "whatever it takes" and traded up all the way to #2 overall to get our guy Mitchell Trubisky? What then? People love to shout about drafting a QB; well drafting a QB is easy but drafting the QB is impossibly hard fr even the best f GMs. The Browns have had an incredible amount of different GMs and high QB picks and they're still trash. Hell, even our #2 overall bust made their #1 overall bust look bad just this season.  If you don't it on the  QB almost immediately with this strategy you'll not only have no QB but also a roster completely devoid of talent due to the resources you've committed to it.  

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

You made the post of thread and I'm not sure you even realize it. The Titans, in 2015, weren't sure that Mettenberger (who they had just drafted) was the answer so despite being offered a king's ransom, they spent the #2 overall pick and got Mariota for their trouble. They did literally what @abenjami is advocating for and it still didn't work because just 2 years later, according to this method, we should've done it again to draft Mahommes. Let's say we did just that and got Mahommes; of course it would've been worth it. But what if we had instead done "whatever it takes" and traded up all the way to #2 overall to get our guy Mitchell Trubisky? What then? People love to shout about drafting a QB; well drafting a QB is easy but drafting the QB is impossibly hard fr even the best f GMs. The Browns have had an incredible amount of different GMs and high QB picks and they're still trash. Hell, even our #2 overall bust made their #1 overall bust look bad just this season.  If you don't it on the  QB almost immediately with this strategy you'll not only have no QB but also a roster completely devoid of talent due to the resources you've committed to it.  

This is comical. Sleep well, sober up, and read it all again tomorrow to see if you still want to stand behind that post. 

Imainge if instead of a football team we had a roster of 53 quarters backs. Once we found the next GOAT then we just sign a CFL roster to play around him and become a dynasty.

I'm surprised you rubes don't get it. It's probably because I make so much money that I'm confident all my ideas are great!

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Imainge if instead of a football team we had a roster of 53 quarters backs. Once we found the next GOAT then we just sign a CFL roster to play around him and become a dynasty.

I'm surprised you rubes don't get it. It's probably because I make so much money that I'm confident all my ideas are great!

LOL. Obviously once you find the next GOAT then you cut the other 52 scrubs and build a roster around your GOAT for the next 10-15 years. 

Which part of that don't you understand?

Edited by abenjami

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

LOL. Obviously once you find the next GOAT then you cut the other 52 scrubs and build a roster around your GOAT for the next 10-15 years. 

Which part of that don't you understand?

That's just the thing.  These guys are hard/rare to find.  And if you have a tier 2 qb, wouldn't the more prudent course be to build around that?  You can say, draft one high every year but at some point you need immediate contributions from the high picks.  And the NFL is a year to year sport and you can't be affording to piss away high draft picks on a yearly search.