I have one thing to say for now

abenjami

Just now, scine09 said:

Let’s all remember that Jacksonville passed on Watson and Mahomes for a QB coming off a terrible year whose contract was nearing its end.  If you want to kill a team for passing on these guys, kill them.

Who cares what other teams did?  I certainly don't.  I'm glad they fucked up.  I'd prefer to see us not fuck up.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The next time you think about getting on your knees and sucking Jrob off, keep in mind he drafted Corey Davis over Pat Mahomes. 

I hope a comet lands on your trailer and then all of you surviving family gets aids and dies slowly.

QB was in fact a need.  Some people just didn't realize that. 

Just now, abenjami said:

Well ok.  And that brings us full circle to my OP.  The next time someone wants to blow Jrob, keep in mind he fucked up that evaluation.

Jon Robinson is a terrific GM, probably one of the top 10 in the league.  The Titans have issues (every team has issues) but coaching:/management are not among them.

Just now, scine09 said:

Jon Robinson is a terrific GM, probably one of the top 10 in the league.  The Titans have issues (every team has issues) but coaching:/management are not among them.

The Titans fucked up their evaluation of Mariota during the years 2016 and 2017.  Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

14 minutes ago, abenjami said:

This is my point though.  We need to stop with the conventional thinking that says draft a QB high one year and don't draft another one for 4-5 years until he makes it or breaks it.

Like using high first round picks on multiple QBs?

Guess what that shit ain't happening.

In your scenario the second high pick Mahomes would just hold out and re-enter the draft the next year.

Now you got jack shit for your pick.

Just now, Smokes said:

Like using high first round picks on multiple QBs?

Guess what that shit ain't happening.

In your scenario the second high pick Mahomes would just hold out and re-enter the draft the next year.

Now you got jack shit for your pick.

LOL this is laughable.  You think Pat Mahomes would have been scared to compete with Mariota for the position?  LOL

Just now, abenjami said:

The Titans fucked up their evaluation of Mariota during the years 2016 and 2017.  Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

I disagree.  I think they were hoping it would work out and it didn’t.  I don’t know what they were supposed to do after Mariota’s 2016 season.

Again, your scenario is not grounded in reality.  It’s silly arguing about a hypothetical on something that never would happen.

Just now, scine09 said:

I disagree.  I think they were hoping it would work out and it didn’t.  I don’t know what they were supposed to do after Mariota’s 2016 season.

Again, your scenario is not grounded in reality.  It’s silly arguing about a hypothetical on something that never would happen.

So then you agree they fucked up their evaluation of Mariota.  Just say it.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

The next time you think about getting on your knees and sucking Jrob off, keep in mind he drafted Corey Davis over Pat Mahomes. 

Lots of teams passed on mahomes, but Davis is a bust.  That early pick that was overturned summed up who he is, a guy who has the measurables but is soft as butter.  He's not even a #2 imo...

Just now, abenjami said:

So then you agree they fucked up their evaluation of Mariota.  Just say it.

I don’t think they fucked it up at all.  Things went south with him.  It happens.  But there wasn’t a time that I thought they should just cut bait and move on or find his replacement.

For the third time, your point is silly and grounded in a fantasy and not reality.

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I don’t think they fucked it up at all.  Things went south with him.  It happens.  But there wasn’t a time that I thought they should just cut bait and move on or find his replacement.

For the third time, your point is silly and grounded in a fantasy and not reality.

Coming from a guy who held onto VY even after the bitter end, this doesn't surprise me.

And for the fourth time, my point is teams need to buck conventional thinking because the odds are stacked against it.

Edited by abenjami

5 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

Lots of teams passed on mahomes, but Davis is a bust.  That early pick that was overturned summed up who he is, a guy who has the measurables but is soft as butter.  He's not even a #2 imo...

I was also disappointed with Davis on that play.  IMO he needs to be in the slot full time.  He just doesn't play physical enough to be outside.

Just now, abenjami said:

I was also disappointed with Davis on that play.  IMO he needs to be in the slot full time.  He just doesn't play physical enough to be outside.

I'd be fine letting him go.....you can't trust guys like him.

Just now, VaTitan said:

I'd be fine letting him go.....you can't trust guys like him.

Yup.  In 3 seasons so far, I can't remember a single game where I thought he was a real difference maker.  And you don't sign non-difference makers to second contracts...

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

LOL this is laughable.  You think Pat Mahomes would have been scared to compete with Mariota for the position?  LOL

No but your assuming their would be a competition.

If a scenario like yours happened their wouldn't be any agent that would recommend it, Mariota takes off or plays well enough to keep his spot Mahomes sits for half a decade then enters free agentcy as a guy with no background, what kinda of deal does he get? What are the opportunities?  How much leash does he have when he arrives at his new team?

Your assuming their would be these competitions with shared reps year in and year out and their is 0%  of that happening anywhere ever.