I have one thing to say for now

abenjami

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

We've been competitive for at least 4-years straight now.

Hey if you're happy going 9-7 every year and never winning the division, I guess you can call that competitive.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The next time you think about getting on your knees and sucking Jrob off, keep in mind he drafted Corey Davis over Pat Mahomes. 

I hope a comet lands on your trailer and then all of you surviving family gets aids and dies slowly.

QB was in fact a need.  Some people just didn't realize that. 

2 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Their was 0 chance we was going to draft a QB that year.

When it comes to the QB decision it's not just the coaches and front office it's ownership as well due to the cost and time and all of the peripherals face of the franchise and such that goes along with it.

This is my point though.  We need to stop with the conventional thinking that says draft a QB high one year and don't draft another one for 4-5 years until he makes it or breaks it.

1 minute ago, Oilertattoo said:

So did the Dolphins.   They had a shot at him and went with Culpepper.

Yup.  And if the old board was still around, you could read my posts about saying the Titans should sign Brees.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

Hey if you're happy going 9-7 every year and never winning the division, I guess you can call that competitive.

I don't know ask the Chargers where they'd like to be right now.

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Here's an idea.  Instead of instantly arguing with me, why don't some of you take a step back and think about maybe what I've been saying over and over again for many years might make sense?

Do you disagree that QB is by far and away the most important position on the field?

Do you disagree that the best formula for continued success in this league is having a real franchise QB?

It is but you still haven’t provided an example of a team doing what you thought the Titans should have done.  Brett Favre was in year 14.  Alex Smith was looked at as a guy with a lower ceiling.  I don’t think you remember what Mariota was thought of after the 2016 season.  Never has a team drafted a QB when you have a guy considered to be one of the future stars in the league under the age of 25 playing the position. And you’ll never see it.  Unless the current QB gets traded.  Your scenario is not grounded in reality.

Mahomes was no guarantee. Neither was Aaron Rodgers. Teams take chances. Sometimes they pay off. Sometimes obviously not. It’s all a crapshoot. There are way too many busts not to understand this. I don’t care what round. All picks are important. 

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It is but you still haven’t provided an example of a team doing what you thought the Titans should have done.  Brett Favre was in year 14.  Alex Smith was looked at as a guy with a lower ceiling.  I don’t think you remember what Mariota was thought of after the 2016 season.  Never has a team drafted a QB when you have a guy considered to be one of the future stars in the league under the age of 25 playing the position. And you’ll never see it.  Unless the current QB gets traded.  Your scenario is not grounded in reality.

You're somewhat missing the point.  I don't need to provide an example of that working.  Look around the league, year in and year out there are about 25 examples of NOT doing that NOT working.  It's the conventional thinking.  Draft a guy and give him 4-5 years to make it or break it.  It's a terrible strategy IMO.

You want examples of how bucking the trend worked?  How about the Patriots sticking with a 6th round draft pick over a guy they took with the #1 pick in the draft?  How about the Packers letting Favre walk?  How about the Broncos selling out to get Peyton Manning for a few years?  

As far as Mariota is concerned, there were certainly lots of people who thought he was great after the 2016 season but in no way was the jury out on him.  There were TONS of people who questioned him.

Even if you are right that "never" has a team drafted a QB when you have a guy considered to be a future star, that's basically my point.  All these teams (us included) are doing it wrong.

2 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

Mahomes was no guarantee. Neither was Aaron Rodgers. Teams take chances. Sometimes they pay off. Sometimes obviously not. It’s all a crapshoot. There are way too many busts not to understand this. I don’t care what round. All picks are important. 

Totally agree no one is a guarantee.  Lots of busts every draft.  But again, the point is unless you are 100% sure you have a true franchise guy, the #1 priority should be to dedicate resources to finding him until you get there.

Just now, abenjami said:

You're somewhat missing the point.  I don't need to provide an example of that working.  Look around the league, year in and year out there are about 25 examples of NOT doing that NOT working.  It's the conventional thinking.  Draft a guy and give him 4-5 years to make it or break it.  It's a terrible strategy IMO.

You want examples of how bucking the trend worked?  How about the Patriots sticking with a 6th round draft pick over a guy they took with the #1 pick in the draft?  How about the Packers letting Favre walk?  How about the Broncos selling out to get Peyton Manning for a few years?  

As far as Mariota is concerned, there were certainly lots of people who thought he was great after the 2016 season but in no way was the jury out on him.  There were TONS of people who questioned him.

Even if you are right that "never" has a team drafted a QB when you have a guy considered to be a future star, that's basically my point.  All these teams (us included) are doing it wrong.

If you think you have the guy you build around him.  And if you don’t think you have the guy you try to replace him.  The Titans thought they had the guy.  So did 95% of us.

Just now, scine09 said:

If you think you have the guy you build around him.  And if you don’t think you have the guy you try to replace him.  The Titans thought they had the guy.  So did 95% of us.

Well ok.  And that brings us full circle to my OP.  The next time someone wants to blow Jrob, keep in mind he fucked up that evaluation.

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Totally agree no one is a guarantee.  Lots of busts every draft.  But again, the point is unless you are 100% sure you have a true franchise guy, the #1 priority should be to dedicate resources to finding him until you get there.

Most teams never find theirs.