AFC Championship: Titans @ Chiefs Game Thread

Jonboy

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Unless of course the RB is the foundation of the team and of the entire franchise and could very well end up in the Hall of Fame. 

And this is where we differ philosophically. You've always been more hawkish with investing in the run game, especially at RB.

I don't believe it's smart to make a RB the foundation of the team because I think a team successful running the ball with one RB is likely to find success with other RBs. It's not that Henry isn't good, it's that he isn't worth the cost relative to more afforable options. A bad OL or bad QB make the RB useless. There are just other positions that are worth more investment.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's do this!   Do it for the boy, Neely!   Do it for our guy, Dmeade-!   Do it for the rest of us who have stayed true to the two tone blue!   Do it so we can

Sorry, Maker. Come back tomorrow but we don't have time for this today, man.

This is so surreal. 60 minutes of our best football...and we're in the Super Bowl.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, cenj said:

And this is where we differ philosophically. You've always been more hawkish with investing in the run game, especially at RB.

I don't believe it's smart to make a RB the foundation of the team because I think a team successful running the ball with one RB is likely to find success with other RBs. It's not that Henry isn't good, it's that he isn't worth the cost relative to more afforable options. A bad OL or bad QB make the RB useless. There are just other positions that are worth more investment.

49ers say whats up! 

The Chiefs were the better team last week and deserved to win. That doesnt mean the Titans werent capable of winning if they had played well. The offense stalled on 2 key drives in the middle of the game and the Chiefs D was a big part of that. They couldn't keep up with a  explosive Chiefs offense led by Mahomes after that point which led to the loss. Not sure why some have to act like the Titans didnt belong on the same field...

34 minutes ago, cenj said:

Yep.  I still expect the Titans to re-sign Henry even though analytics and history say no.  He has to be a HOF RB for it to be worth it.

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

The Chiefs were the better team last week and deserved to win. That doesnt mean the Titans werent capable of winning if they had played well. The offense stalled on 2 key drives in the middle of the game and the Chiefs D was a big part of that. They couldn't keep up with a  explosive Chiefs offense led by Mahomes after that point which led to the loss. Not sure why some have to act like the Titans didnt belong on the same field...

I swear fans act like they are the ones on the field.  The maturity level from fans I've seen the last two weeks is embarrassing.  

16 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

The win was really 18 points? I guess the scoreboard lies. Lol.

I'm still waiting for all those stats on how the Chiefs were better than the Titans in every way this season.

You are wasting time on an argument you are going to lose. 

Much like the chiefs weren’t going to hold Henry down.  I tried to tell this board.  Y’all laughed and called me dumb. I told you all.  “King” Henry......69 yards.  3.6 yards per carry.  Clark was right.  It wasn’t hard to tackle him.  

oh, stats showed a Better offense, defense and special teams.  Look it up.  It wasn’t close.  Which is why the titans were a 9-7 team that only beat one playoff team that wasn’t testing its starters.  And that team was the chiefs who had a 9 point lead late and blew it.  They didn’t blow it this time. 

All hail king Henry

2 hours ago, dcblanton said:

Much like the chiefs weren’t going to hold Henry down.  I tried to tell this board.  Y’all laughed and called me dumb. I told you all.  “King” Henry......69 yards.  3.6 yards per carry.  Clark was right.  It wasn’t hard to tackle him.  

oh, stats showed a Better offense, defense and special teams.  Look it up.  It wasn’t close.  Which is why the titans were a 9-7 team that only beat one playoff team that wasn’t testing its starters.  And that team was the chiefs who had a 9 point lead late and blew it.  They didn’t blow it this time. 

All hail king Henry

Serious question, are you like 14?

On 1/19/2020 at 3:00 PM, BudAdams said:

Honestly that fuck should not be allowed to play in the NFL

You really should research this before you come to a conclusion.  Things that you may not know.  In college he pleaded guilty to hitting his girlfriend.  He initially pleaded not guilty.  He was a poor college kid and was in Oklahoma and his defense attorney felt like he would have a hard time getting a fair trial.  He advised him to take the plea.  Hill has maintained his innocence.  By the way, the tape that some have heard while his fiance was trying to get him to incriminate him, he brings that up.  (He didn't know he was being recorded, btw)  She made up the story because Hill was breaking up with her.

The DA concluded that neither Hill nor Crystal (Hill's fiance) broke their son's arm within days of that investigation.  His broken arm was what started the investigation.  The DA said that he felt a crime was committed, but could prove who did it.  It wasn't the arm, but rather spanking of the child and some speculate neglect by Crystal.  Crystal taped Hill while in an airport and continued to say things trying to get Hill to say something that she could incriminate him with and leverage money out of him because he was about to get paid.  Her family was mooching off him and he had cut them off and he was deciding whether or not they were going to continue a relationship.

Hill's biggest 'problem' was that he decided that it was more important to be a father than it was to avoid this crazy woman.  He also got her pregnant again.

Oh, and I don't use Crazy lightly.  She has been in therapy from before Hill and her ever dated her.  She is actually crazy.

I get that you all only see the National story, but the National story isn't factual and doesn't tell the entire story.   There is a feeling that the NFL allows bad behavior and anyone who is accused is already convicted in the public eye.  The Chiefs threw Hunt off the team.  If Hill were guilty of this stuff, he would be off the team as well.

If Hill didn’t run a 4.29 and make lots of catches in touchdowns, he’d likely wouldn’t be on the team.

The fiancé comes across as a crazy nut job but get out of here what the hell is some innocent victim great guy stuff.  Somebody broke the kids arm.....

On 1/29/2020 at 8:13 PM, BudAdams said:

If Hill didn’t run a 4.29 and make lots of catches in touchdowns, he’d likely wouldn’t be on the team.

The fiancé comes across as a crazy nut job but get out of here what the hell is some innocent victim great guy stuff.  Somebody broke the kids arm.....

He broke it playing.  End. Of . Story.  That investigation ended in two days.  Open and shut.  The problem is that the media needs clicks and reports things they don’t know.  As far as his talent, it makes it worth it to the chiefs to deal with the bad publicity over a story they know isn’t true.  Unfortunately, young black men in America don’t always get the most fair treatment.  Young black men who take plea deals to move on because they don’t think they can get a fair trial are certainly assumed guilty.  The only thing he is guilty of Is sleeping with a crazy person.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/10/report-investigators-quickly-determined-that-tyreek-hills-son-suffered-accidental-broken-arm/

He's still a worm even if he didn't break the toddler's arm.  Sorry a 3 year old shouldn't have welts and bruises on their body.....The fact they couldn't prove which parent did it is why he was "exonerated"......

“The investigation into the couple’s parenting accelerated when Overland Park police checked on the boy in March and found bruises and welts on his body,” the report explains. “Both Hill and Espinal have admitted to investigators that they spanked the three-year-old with their hands and a belt, but prosecutors can’t determine for sure which parent, or if both, went too far.

“In April Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe held a press conference to announce criminal charges wouldn’t be brought against Hill or Espinal but stated he believed a crime was committed against the boy and it was believed the crime was about the broken arm.  It was not.  Howe’s team has halted working on the case as they still can’t bring charges for bruising and harming the boy.”

In other words, Howe still believes a crime was committed against Hill’s son and Hill remains a suspect, given that Hill has admitted to spanking the three-year-old boy with his hands and with a belt. Since both parents were involved in spanking the boy, however, prosecutors can’t prove which one committed the crime.

• 1 year later...