AFC Championship: Titans @ Chiefs Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's do this!   Do it for the boy, Neely!   Do it for our guy, Dmeade-!   Do it for the rest of us who have stayed true to the two tone blue!   Do it so we can

Sorry, Maker. Come back tomorrow but we don't have time for this today, man.

This is so surreal. 60 minutes of our best football...and we're in the Super Bowl.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Edge rusher is a lot like a QB, the good ones aren't on the market or you have to use a very early draft pick. Otherwise you have the Wake's to choose from 

ZaDarius Smith and Preston Smith were available last year as was Dante Fowler. Jrob ignored edge rusher.

40 minutes ago, oldschool said:

ZaDarius Smith and Preston Smith were available last year as was Dante Fowler. Jrob ignored edge rusher.

30 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

To be fair there were reports around that JRob was in the bidding war for ZaDarius Smith until the price tag got above what he was willing to pay.

Not only was there reports Robinson was interested in Smith he and Preston Smith and Especially Fowler had not done much before this season in terms of being big sack guys. Fowler was a flat out bust before this season. 

You had to give both Smith's massive contracts in hopes they would produce more than they had up until this year. 

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Not only was there reports Robinson was interested in Smith he and Preston Smith and Especially Fowler had not done much before this season in terms of being big sack guys. Fowler was a flat out bust before this season. 

You had to give both Smith's massive contracts in hopes they would produce more than they had up until this year. 

Edge rushers cost money. You have to overpay in FA or draft them high.

12 hours ago, Former_Fan said:

Absolutely comical. You are clueless about our roster. If the Titans had played like they did in the previous 2 games, your season would have likely ended. But we didn't play well and lost. It is that simple

I was not clueless about the Titans roster.  I know it pretty well.  I knew that had no shot.  I knew that Henry would be shut down because the Chiefs didn't need to worry about Tannehill.  I knew the only reason they won the game in the regular season was because the Chiefs weren't healthy and lost defensive linemen in that game.  I knew that it would be a 10+ point game and it was.  Hey, it was closer than I thought, and that was because the Chiefs didn't play their 'A' game.  They had a couple of untimely penalties, gave up a desperation fake punt and had two drops that ended drives.  The Chiefs had a chance at two interceptions and didn't get either of them.  The Chiefs played a decent, but not great game and still blew the Titans out.  It was never going to be close.  Unless the Chiefs fumbled the ball, or dropped a snap, or threw an interception, the Titans had no shot. 

It is hilarious how you just don't want to give the nod that the Chiefs were the better team.  Despite the fact that the Chiefs got zero turnovers, spotted the Titans a 10 point lead, and were supposed to be the perfect matchup for that power running game.  This wasn't a fluke.  The game in Nashville where the Chiefs botched two field goals, and the Chiefs fumbled for a scoop and score and the Chiefs even missed an extra point.  They lost by 3 points after having a 9 point lead late in the fourth quarter.  That was the fluke.

I heard about how the winner in the regular season were 5-1 in championship game rematches.  I heard how Henry was unstoppable.  I heard how Clark wrote a check he could cash about Henry not being that hard to tackle.  I read how the cold weather would slow Mahomes down.  I basically read all of the BS arguments that the Titan fan threw up.  I believed that the Chiefs would stop Henry, that the Chiefs would beat the Titans handily.  And, at no point in that game did I ever feel like the Chiefs would lose.  And, when the Chiefs went up 21-17, I knew it was over.

The Chiefs had an 18 point lead before they gave up an 'oh by the way' TD late in the second half and they still covered the Vegas line by 4 points.  

I think the reality is that you don't know the Chiefs roster.  Because the Chiefs were better in every way than the Titans this year.  And, it proved to be so in the playoffs, in a game to go to the Super Bowl, when both teams were healthy, when the Chiefs beat the brakes off the Titans.

4 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

I was not clueless about the Titans roster.  I know it pretty well.  I knew that had no shot.  I knew that Henry would be shut down because the Chiefs didn't need to worry about Tannehill.  I knew the only reason they won the game in the regular season was because the Chiefs weren't healthy and lost defensive linemen in that game.  I knew that it would be a 10+ point game and it was.  Hey, it was closer than I thought, and that was because the Chiefs didn't play their 'A' game.  They had a couple of untimely penalties, gave up a desperation fake punt and had two drops that ended drives.  The Chiefs had a chance at two interceptions and didn't get either of them.  The Chiefs played a decent, but not great game and still blew the Titans out.  It was never going to be close.  Unless the Chiefs fumbled the ball, or dropped a snap, or threw an interception, the Titans had no shot. 

It is hilarious how you just don't want to give the nod that the Chiefs were the better team.  Despite the fact that the Chiefs got zero turnovers, spotted the Titans a 10 point lead, and were supposed to be the perfect matchup for that power running game.  This wasn't a fluke.  The game in Nashville where the Chiefs botched two field goals, and the Chiefs fumbled for a scoop and score and the Chiefs even missed an extra point.  They lost by 3 points after having a 9 point lead late in the fourth quarter.  That was the fluke.

I heard about how the winner in the regular season were 5-1 in championship game rematches.  I heard how Henry was unstoppable.  I heard how Clark wrote a check he could cash about Henry not being that hard to tackle.  I read how the cold weather would slow Mahomes down.  I basically read all of the BS arguments that the Titan fan threw up.  I believed that the Chiefs would stop Henry, that the Chiefs would beat the Titans handily.  And, at no point in that game did I ever feel like the Chiefs would lose.  And, when the Chiefs went up 21-17, I knew it was over.

The Chiefs had an 18 point lead before they gave up an 'oh by the way' TD late in the second half and they still covered the Vegas line by 4 points.  

I think the reality is that you don't know the Chiefs roster.  Because the Chiefs were better in every way than the Titans this year.  And, it proved to be so in the playoffs, in a game to go to the Super Bowl, when both teams were healthy, when the Chiefs beat the brakes off the Titans.

Sorry, I just can't take you seriously any more. 

By the way, you do realize the Titans weren't healthy in week 10 either right?

And I hardly call an 11 point win beating the brakes off the Titans, let alone a blowout lol.

Serious question, why keep coming to this forum with your nonsense? Nobody here is doubting the Chiefs are a good team, but way better in every way? Lol you need to do some research and look at the stats for last season.

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

And I hardly call an 11 point win beating the brakes off the Titans, let alone a blowout lol.

Serious question, why keep coming to this forum with your nonsense? Nobody here is doubting the Chiefs are a good team, but way better in every way? Lol you need to do some research and look at the stats for last season.

Lol.  The Titans were healthier than the Chiefs.  Their starting QB was healthy.  Mahomes was not.  Their offensive line was healthy.  The Chiefs' were not.  The defensive line was missing a key contributor and they were missing a linebacker.

The win was really 18 points.  Once the Chiefs Watkins for an 18 point lead, they just kind of pulled their foot off the gas and coasted.  The Titans had to pull out a fake punt to even get it to within 11 points. 

From the time that Mahomes ran it in from 27 yards out and took the lead, the Chiefs never trailed and the Titans never even threatened to take the lead.  The Chiefs were completely in control of that game.

Titan fans are used to their team having a horseshoe stuck up their butt when they play the Chiefs.  Luckily, there were no bogus calls to keep the Titans in it like the forward progress call.

1 minute ago, Former_Fan said:

3 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

Lol.  The Titans were healthier than the Chiefs.  Their starting QB was healthy.  Mahomes was not.  Their offensive line was healthy.  The Chiefs' were not.  The defensive line was missing a key contributor and they were missing a linebacker.

The win was really 18 points.  Once the Chiefs Watkins for an 18 point lead, they just kind of pulled their foot off the gas and coasted.  The Titans had to pull out a fake punt to even get it to within 11 points. 

From the time that Mahomes ran it in from 27 yards out and took the lead, the Chiefs never trailed and the Titans never even threatened to take the lead.  The Chiefs were completely in control of that game.

Titan fans are used to their team having a horseshoe stuck up their butt when they play the Chiefs.  Luckily, there were no bogus calls to keep the Titans in it like the forward progress call.

The win was really 18 points? I guess the scoreboard lies. Lol.

I'm still waiting for all those stats on how the Chiefs were better than the Titans in every way this season.

You are wasting time on an argument you are going to lose. 

6 hours ago, cenj said:

Which is another example of why you put that 15M aside for an edge rusher instead of a RB.

Unless of course the RB is the foundation of the team and of the entire franchise and could very well end up in the Hall of Fame. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Unless of course the RB is the foundation of the team and of the entire franchise and could very well end up in the Hall of Fame. 

And rely on slow starts ? He averaged 68 yards a game and had 4 total rushing touchdowns through the 2-4 start. This is a common theme with him and his inability to start off like how he finishes. Sign him and teams figure out how to stop him and Tannehill can’t carry the team and we start off slow again. These guys get paid at the position and fade away. Eliot wasn’t taking over games in Dallas nor Gurley in LA after their paid days. 

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He’s got no excuses this year.  And Fowler may be available again.  Depends on who the Rams tag.  Interesting decision if it comes down to Judon vs Fowler.

31 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Dude is a clown.  Most of his posts can be translated into “THE CHIEFS ARE GREAT “!!!