AFC Championship: Titans @ Chiefs Game Thread

Jonboy

I know we had enough PA success to win against NE and Baltimore but people kept saying it was there for us we just didn't need to do it so we didn't.

I'm not so sure because we needed it in this game and still tried to force Henry.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's do this!   Do it for the boy, Neely!   Do it for our guy, Dmeade-!   Do it for the rest of us who have stayed true to the two tone blue!   Do it so we can

Sorry, Maker. Come back tomorrow but we don't have time for this today, man.

This is so surreal. 60 minutes of our best football...and we're in the Super Bowl.

Posted Images

We had the PA open it was working Titans didn’t take it. They tried to hard to run to get the chiefs to over think or give their hand. The titans were being to cute and it cost them. The chiefs were playing cat and mice. The titans were hitting guys over the middle and went away from it. 

Edited by Stan

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

I put the blame on the offense for this loss.

Me too, but not 100%.  The defense could have done better and special teams certainly didn't shine. 

I'd say...

Offense 60%

Defense 20%

Special Teams 20%

21 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Me too, but not 100%.  The defense could have done better and special teams certainly didn't shine. 

I'd say...

Offense 60%

Defense 20%

Special Teams 20%

Haha wtf did ST do wrong? 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Haha wtf did ST do wrong? 

No big errors or anything but come on man they gotta make a play at some point. 

When's the last time we had a kick returned past the 50 or for a TD?

Edited by abenjami

ST did fine. It's hard to assign them blame since they did what was expected (even got the fake punt!).

Defense did OK. You would expect you'd have to score in the 30's to beat KC. You can definitely blame them partially because you'd hope we hold them under 30, but maybe they could have without the offense shitting the bed.

A D/ST touchdown would have been huge. Someone needed to make a play but no one could. Ultimately I'd probably not blame ST and give it like 70/30 to the offense

3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Defense did OK. You would expect you'd have to score in the 30's to beat KC. You can definitely blame them partially because you'd hope we hold them under 30, but maybe they could have without the offense shitting the bed.

I was surprised we held them scoreless in the 3rd quarter.  You know you have to score but they thought the "usual" offensive game plan would suffice.

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

ST did fine. It's hard to assign them blame since they did what was expected (even got the fake punt!).

A D/ST touchdown would have been huge. Someone needed to make a play but no one could. Ultimately I'd probably not blame ST and give it like 70/30 to the offense

Fair enough. There's no right answer here. 

Blame might be the wrong word when it comes to ST 

Disappointment is more accurate. 

ST hasn't made a ton of mistakes but they've certainly been less than spectacular when it comes to scoring or at least flipping field position (aside from Kern). 

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Got to get Landry some help next season, constantly playing 90%+ of snaps absolutely wore him down by the end of the year.

I'd take a hard look at Bud Dupree, if the price is right. He's coming off a break out season, but has been solid in his career. Steelers are tight against the cap and have a lot of money already tied up in the front seven. 

7 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I know we had enough PA success to win against NE and Baltimore but people kept saying it was there for us we just didn't need to do it so we didn't.

I'm not so sure because we needed it in this game and still tried to force Henry.

It was open all day. The Chiefs defense is weak at LB. The fact the Titans refused to adjust and kept running on 1st down hoping they would just impose their will is what lost the game offensively. Notice how the Chiefs adjusted to a run team in the 2and half when the Titans started playing the pass and having the LB drop to get more depth in zone? That's what I want out of the Titans and sadly we wont get it with Vrabel at the helm.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

We had the PA open it was working Titans didn’t take it. They tried to hard to run to get the chiefs to over think or give their hand. The titans were being to cute and it cost them. The chiefs were playing cat and mice. The titans were hitting guys over the middle and went away from it. 

If it was still working they wouldn’t have went away from it.  The coaching staff isn’t stupid.  There was nothing that the Titans Coaches could have done that would have given the Titans any chance in this game if the Chiefs don’t make mistakes.  Vrabel did more with this roster than just aboutcoach would.

Tough loss  yesterday for the Titans.  I was really rooting for you guys and hoped you could knock off the Chiefs.  One observation I have watching this game again. CUT DaQuan Jones and get him off your team.  At 0:15 left in the Second Quarter, Titans are up 17 to 14 and Mahomes dances in practically untouched for go ahead TD.  Turning point of game. Jones has no heart whatsoever, because he has a clear path to dive and force Mahomes out of bounds at around the 20.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME.  IN A PLAYOFF GAME WITH SUCH DIRE IMPLICATIONS, YOU JUST LUMBER AROUND WITH NO URGENCY.  Guy didn’t ever try.  Sickening to watch

16 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Got to get Landry some help next season, constantly playing 90%+ of snaps absolutely wore him down by the end of the year.

Was my biggest concern going into the season.  You knew the Wake signing wasn't going to hold up. And it was pretty obvious that Finch was a stiff.

Edited by japan

8 hours ago, dcblanton said:

If it was still working they wouldn’t have went away from it.  The coaching staff isn’t stupid.  There was nothing that the Titans Coaches could have done that would have given the Titans any chance in this game if the Chiefs don’t make mistakes.  Vrabel did more with this roster than just aboutcoach would.

Absolutely comical. You are clueless about our roster. If the Titans had played like they did in the previous 2 games, your season would have likely ended. But we didn't play well and lost. It is that simple