Can Ryan Tannehill Step Up Against The Chiefs?

MIKE75

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's funny that the national media conversation has centered around Henry and Mahomes while Tannehill is treated as an afterthought.   A direct comparison of Tannehill and Mahomes since week

Chiefs WRs had 20 TDs this year.  Titans WRs had 17.  Hardly a huge gap.     Titans TEs had 7 TDs.  Chiefs TEs had 5.    Titans had 21 rushing TDs this year.  Henry accounted 16 of

The Titans have lulled the media into false narratives regarding their offense, for sure.   Add to that, the Chiefs throwing up a 50+ burger last week, and there's NO surprise the entirety o

8 hours ago, earlers said:

I just hope Tanne doesn’t get it in his head that he has to prove something to the naysayers because of his low passing stats. Tanne needs to run it himself if he has to. 

All I can reference, regarding him having to prove himself, is the one time he was called out by coach Philbin, back in 2014 before their game against Oakland in London.  He lit the Raiders up and won 38-14, going 23/31, 278 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT his TE caused.  He was super sharp/accurate that game.

58 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

No question Tanne can light these bums up. That chiefs secondary is a bunch of scrubs and their front 7 is softer than baby shit. I'm feeling it today. Titan the fuck up!

I keep saying that to myself BUT why couldn’t the Texans score more points?

3 minutes ago, earlers said:

I keep saying that to myself BUT why couldn’t the Texans score more points?

They went into a string of mistake-filled football after they got shell-shocked in the 2nd quarter.  Whole team fell apart.  You could see it in the players' faces...they were scared.  Titans are coached better IMO.

11 minutes ago, Maker84 said:

I’ll believe it when I see it, even when the Titans tried throwing against the Patriots he looked pretty bad 

Which game were you watching?  His throws were very accurate, with the exception of the INT and one other one, not counting intentional throw-aways, including another TD pass that didn't count 'cuz the receiver stepped out, that was right on the money.  That Patriots secondary is the best in the league, and they had the receivers blanketed, even then, he dropped some seriously accurate throws into catchable places.  Not to mention that crucial 3rd and 8 he hit.  He can't catch 'em too...or throw PI flags.

Edited by PhinFan1968

13 hours ago, Number9 said:

If it's the second half, then it's definitely the Henry show.  The Titans are more of a team than the Chiefs.  Offense, Defense, Special Team-minus a FG Kicker.  Kansas City is Mahomes passing attack.  When that works, they blow teams out.  When it doesn't they lose.  

Mahomes has certainly carried this team at times during injuries and while the defense was learning the new scheme and assimilating new players.  However, at this point, the Chiefs scoring defense and total defense rank well above where the Titans rank in those categories.  That is after a start to the year that was shaky at best due to the new scheme, injuries and new players.  I think this is an outsider's perception, which I get because Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL.  The thing that makes the Chiefs tough is that it isn't just him.  The only places that the Titans are better than the Chiefs is the offensive line, Running back, and linebackers.  That makes for a very physical game and if the Titans can ugly it up, then they have a good chance.  But, I think the Chiefs will have somethin' for ya'll.  We'll see.

51 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

Mahomes has certainly carried this team at times during injuries and while the defense was learning the new scheme and assimilating new players.  However, at this point, the Chiefs scoring defense and total defense rank well above where the Titans rank in those categories.  That is after a start to the year that was shaky at best due to the new scheme, injuries and new players.  I think this is an outsider's perception, which I get because Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL.  The thing that makes the Chiefs tough is that it isn't just him.  The only places that the Titans are better than the Chiefs is the offensive line, Running back, and linebackers.  That makes for a very physical game and if the Titans can ugly it up, then they have a good chance.  But, I think the Chiefs will have somethin' for ya'll.  We'll see.

You know more about the Chiefs than I do, but I think high scoring offenses tailor the opponents offense.  That gives the defense more advantage to know what's coming.  I haven't looked up the actual numbers, but this is not the same Titans team that produced the numbers you are using for comparison.  This team has actually gotten better as the season progressed.  Additionally, a lot of those numbers come from the 2-4 start.  The Titans are winning on scheme as much as talent.  You look at the low passing yards in the playoffs and lick your chops.  Those numbers are because the Titans didn't even have to open it up.  

Think about this.  Would you be as confident if you were traveling to Baltimore?  

4 minutes ago, Mays.clinton said:

You must miss Mariota?,lol

Not really, but they keep putting him out there. It seems like they really want him to have the chance to do something. He's not just a decoy since they've actually put the ball in his hands a couple times.

I was really nervous when he lined up at QB and made that simple throw to Brown. He looked very shaky.

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I was really nervous when he lined up at QB and made that simple throw to Brown. He looked very shaky.

Exactly, don't expect to see the ball in his hands, the coaches were nervous too 

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Not really, but they keep putting him out there. It seems like they really want him to have the chance to do something. He's not just a decoy since they've actually put the ball in his hands a couple times.

He sure did!!